Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cash pay doctors in the US

I live in Reno Nevada and go to WBI my surgery is October 13,I am self pay

I live in Reno Nevada and go to WBI my surgery is October 13,I am self pay

Congrats! They did my gall bladder removal and were a great team!

I am post op 2wks from going to Mexico thru A Lighter Me Dr Elias Ortiz $4600 for sleeve and gall bladder removal is what I paid. You will not be disappointed at all!! I am a Paramedic and they were extremely professional and I actually can say I received better care there than I have in any of the States hospital. The hospital (MI Dr Hospital) is actually only about 5min over the border. I never once felt unsafe and I went alone. The hotel is like a resort and is very nice! The part of town you are in is very clean and very safe. The drivers are fantastic, they take you shopping if you feel up to it on the 3rd day ( I flew back home instead of going with them shopping). If I can say I have one complaint it would be that I was scheduled for same day surgery, my plane arrived in San deign at 1030, had to wait and pick up a couple more ladies at 11:45 which was still OK with me, but once I got to the hospital and they get you all checked in, you wait in your room...I don't know what number patient for surgery I was since there was 4 of us waiting that day but they did not come get me until 7pm for surgery!! So I had no liquid at all for 24hrs...that was the worst part. Other than that THEY WERE FANTASTIC!! And Ronda post op stays on top of how you are doing and will be more than happy to help you with any nutritional needs.

Oh and at losing4ree...for some reason lots of people from Louisiana go to Mexico...the other 4 people having surgery with me that day...we were all from Louisiana lol it was ironic!!

Oh and at losing4ree...for some reason lots of people from Louisiana go to Mexico...the other 4 people having surgery with me that day...we were all from Louisiana lol it was ironic!!

Wow!! Thanks for the info medic1977

I will definitely look into this! I've been chatting with a lot of people that have said wonderful things about their surgeries in Mexico!!

@losing4ree I am using a company called A Lighter Me. My surgeon is Dr. Elias Ortiz. He is the chief surgeon of the facility. I fly down to San Diego on the 21st. My companion and I will be picked up by a driver at the airport and driven to Tijuana. After blood tests, etc at the hospital, he drives us to the hotel for the night. The next morning, he picks us up from the hotel and drives us to the hospital. I have surgery and we stay in the hospital for two nights. My companion stays with me the entire time. After the second night, they do one more leak test to make sure the stomach isn't leaking and we are driven back to the hotel for another two nights of recovery.

We will be staying at the Tijuana Grand Hotel. The 11th floor is dedicated to surgery recovery with nurses on staff. During the next two days, the driver takes us out shopping and to the pharmacy if we want. On the morning of the sixth day, we check out of the hotel and our driver takes us back to the airport in San Diego. Easy peesy.

www.alighterme.com

Good luck with your surgery!! I have been hearing a lot of good things about surgery in Mexico. I'm definitely considering it!!

Dr David Kim is a excellent doctor who did my inverted sleeve almost 4 years ago. He is in the Frisco or Colleyville area of Texas. Basically the DFW area. He has a great cash price and has a traveling patient program. Here is their website in case you are interested. https://www.drdkim.net/

I was sleeved 8/31 by Dr. Shillingford in Boca Raton, FL, and I travelled there from Minnesota. Despite all the great stories about Mexico, I just couldn't bring myself to go out of the country for surgery. Cash price was $10,000, so we made it work.

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

I used Dr David Kim in Colleyville TX. They have a cash pay option. My ins. Wouldn't cover WLS. But they repaired hernia and got part of procedure covered by insurance and I only paid $4900. Suggest you call and they can do an check for you too to see how low we qualify for. Awesome clinic. And the best after care and support.

Hello! I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some cash pay/self pay doctors in the US. I live in Louisiana and my Bmi is a 37 and my insurance will not approve me. I'm not closed to going to Mexico, but I would love it if I could find someone in the US to do my surgery. Could someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

check out Dr Thomas Borland, he is located in Louisiana and his self pay price is one of the lowest I have seen in the U. S. If you do a search on the forum you should come across a couple of people that used him with favorable reviews.

Edited by atlmag

I just had gastric bypass in New Orleans yesterday. My doctor was Rachel Moore and I was self-pay. Fabulous doctor, staff and facilities.