Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got My Date...freaking out...can I do this

Hello everyone! I'm officially freaking out. I got my surgery date yesterday...August 17th. I can't believe that it'll be so soon! Of course my insurance company has to approve it first BUT still I'm freaking out. Don't get me wrong I'm excited...this is what I've been waiting for BUT I can't help but think of all the things that can go wrong. Was anyone else as worried and utterly petrified as I am? How did you cope?? Also, I'd love to hear from people that have lost 100 lbs+...That's my goal and sometimes I wonder if I can do it. On my own I've never been able to lose more than 20 lbs...need some encouraging words :lol:

weight.png

1.gif I am going for my surgery two days before you. I have a few nerves, but I am not freaking out. I am so excited I truly can not wait for August 15th to get here.

All surgery is serious and carries risks, but compared to other types your chances of a positive outcome are a lot better.

This board is great because you get so much support. I saw a thread yesterday with before and after pictures, and it was such an inspiration, I can't wait to get my after picture up there! Sadly that means there will need to be a before pic too :faint:

Hi All I am getting my band on Aug 13th and I am a little nervous but right now more excited than anything. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support Doxie and Valzie!! Your enthusiasm is contagious. I really am excited and reading your comments give me strength TRULY! WOW I love that our dates are pretty close to each other...makes me feel closer to u guys! Have either of u gotten insurance approval yet?

Welcome!!! I am scheduled for surgery on July 31st...eeek! I was so excited at first but now as it is getting closer I'm also getting anxious and nervous. I keep reminding myself that this is what I have waiting for so long and that I should focus on how much my life will change after surgery rather than worrying too much beforehand. Things will turn out alright, you'll be fine. Just keep reading posts on the board...everyone is so friendly and helpful!

You girlz are not alone! People post like this every single day. We all went through it and came out the other side.

What I would suggest is that you just stick around LBT and post like the dickens. READ READ READ all the posts here....but stay away from the complications forum!! :lol: It'll just make you nervous and the risk is so very low if you follow the rules.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other 'til you make it thru. Then there's about a week of post-op that can be a little dicey...and then you're home free!!! You won't be sorry. Trust me! ;)

You girlz are not alone! People post like this every single day. We all went through it and came out the other side.

What I would suggest is that you just stick around LBT and post like the dickens. READ READ READ all the posts here....but stay away from the complications forum!! :lol: It'll just make you nervous and the risk is so very low if you follow the rules.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other 'til you make it thru. Then there's about a week of post-op that can be a little dicey...and then you're home free!!! You won't be sorry. Trust me! ;)

Terri,

Thanks for the support! I found the Complcations Forum and have been obessed with reading it. I like to be in-the-know, but I know reading all the complications people have had will just raise my blood pressure and make me worry...I don't need any of that! I am so glad I found this forum, it makes me feel less crazy knowing other people are going through the same emotions as I am!

Terri,

Thanks for the support! I found the Complcations Forum and have been obessed with reading it.

DROP THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM THE COMPLICATIONS FORUM!!

Howdie. I am 3 years out, 85 lbs down with 55 to go. Sure, I'd love to be farther, but I've also had no complications, so I'm mostly happy, lol.

I had done a bunch of research on the lapband, but didn't have any money and didn't have any insurance, so I'd kind of given up hope, and then my mom said she'd pay for it... from the day she said that to the day I had surgery, was just under a month. So, I didn't have much time to freak out, but the night before surgery I burst into tears out of no where. My boyfriend at the time (now hubby ;)) said it was probably emotions that were forcing their way out since I hadn't given myself anytime to feel nervous or anything.

Anyhow... everyone feels nervous. The complications happen, but also keep in mind, that the people with no complications that get to goal, generally move on and live their lives, while the people with complications are seeking support. :lol:

I am glad to find someone who feels the same as me. I am booked for the 30th July but I am not actually scared of the surgery (as nothing yet will top a C Section) but more of the after factors. Will I have complications? Should I tell my work collegues? Should I tell my friends & family. The medical staff have been ab fab & I know I am going to look & feel great in a few years. My health most of all will be the winner & that is the BONUS. Less blood pressure, less asthma, more sleep, more sport. This will be a good 40th Birthday present for me. But the nagging feelings are still there. I have been thinking about this for 5 years and the medical process has taken 2 years due to the distance I live from Perth. But for you like me keep reading this forum & take others advice & stay away from the complication thread, check out the recipes. I am current 133kg and my goal is to be under 80 kgs so that is 50 kg to go. Just think of the funny side in a couple of years we'll have lost our inner child. Cheers Jo

Hello everyone! I'm officially freaking out. I got my surgery date yesterday...August 17th. I can't believe that it'll be so soon! Of course my insurance company has to approve it first BUT still I'm freaking out. Don't get me wrong I'm excited...this is what I've been waiting for BUT I can't help but think of all the things that can go wrong. Was anyone else as worried and utterly petrified as I am? How did you cope?? Also, I'd love to hear from people that have lost 100 lbs+...That's my goal and sometimes I wonder if I can do it. On my own I've never been able to lose more than 20 lbs...need some encouraging words :o

You are supposed to be freaking out. It's your job at this point. You are going through what the rest of us went through. ;)

I scheduled my surgery ASAP intentionally so I didn't have to deal with all that as long as everyone else. I made my decision, called my doc's office, and surgery was scheduled for six days later.

I haven't lost 100lbs yet but I have lost 83lbs. Life is MUCH better as a thinner person. You'll see.

HI i am getting banded on tues 7/17 can we say scared

I blew off the preop diet I kept saying I start tomorrow ect see my thread "really scared"

So I know how you feel

I think xanax will be my best friend the next couple of days

<p>I got my band yesteray...Friday the 13th. I was okay until I started driving to the hospital, 2 hrs away. The real jitters started when they took me back to preop. Then I got a little freaked. They said that the surgery went beautifully. I am a little sore but not as bad as I thought that I would be. All I can say is to hang in there and being scared is normal. I wish all of you luck with your surgeries.</p>

I was just banded and it is GREAT! You can do this. I feel so good and it is nice to NOT be able to eat to NOT have food control my life!

Oh my goodness thanks so much you guys. I'm known to be a little fatalistic so I have spent some time on the complications forum AND the "life after band removal" forum. I'll follow your advice and stay away from those forums from now on :-) I'm glad that I'm not alone in this! Positive thoughts!!! Although I do feel obligated to leave "instructions" and "final wishes" in case of the worst happening. Has anyone else done that? Or am I just a little over the top? :-o