Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve almost four years later

Hello, I have quite the history. I got down to a weight I liked a year after while in an abusive relationship. I gained since weight back before ending that relationship. More recently I just got married, but didn't worry myself about losing weight before the marriage but now after we want kids, and I don't want to try until I lose more weight. How do I start to retry after four and a half years.

@@Gayle Ok I'm a bit confused so you got to your goal weight but have now put all the weight back on?

I started at 400 got down to less than 300 and now am I above 300

I agree with @@Elode's question. Your post is unclear and hard to follow.

I am assuming you had the sleeve at some point in the past, lost weight, and regained weight.

Have you had an appointment with a nutritionist lately? That would be a great place to start.

It also sounds like you might benefit from counseling since you are going through a lot of changes.

In the meantime, you might want to go back to basics. Are you tracking your food? Are you getting in all your Protein and Water? Are you exercising? Are you taking your Vitamins?

More information would be helpful in answering your question.

Best thing to do is reevaluate what caused the weight gain, immediately structure your diet around the good and bad stuff. Seeing a NUT again is a great place to help establish a visual end goal, they can cater to your dietary or health restrictions. Surrounding yourself with the right people will make a difference on your mental outcome, toxic relationships with people, intimate or not, won't help your situation. Depression is a contributing factor to weight gain, unfortunately, so focus on making yourself happy and finding some inner peace. Congrats on getting married, I hope your spouse is supportive of your desire to improve your health, that will be a big motivator to staying on top of your regimen.

Just remember what you did to get to that point, cleanse, start up those shakes and count those calories; resorting to a secondary surgery (if that is even a possibility) would be horribly unhealthy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches