Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Months Post-Op-- How Many Calories Are You Eating?

I am 10 months post op and am losing relatively slowly for the past few months, about 2-3 pounds per month. How many calories should I be eating now? I am much hungrier lately... is that normal???? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

@@Momcat I'm 11 months and I eat 800-1000 a day. I am more hungry now than I was.

10 months on Sunday and eating 800-1000.

Wow. 800-1000 at this point seems pretty low to me. I think I'm eating close to 1100, and am still pretty hungry most days. I do exercise lot and don't know if that has anything to do with my hunger. I really don't think I could get my calorie count down that low! Yikes!!!

My nutrionist increased my calories to 1200 @ 9 months.

It is normal to feel hungrier as the months pass. Your sleeve has/is healing & the capacity is greater. And yes, even with 1200 calories, I still get hungry.

I will have my one year surgiversary on 10/17.

I eat anywhere between 900-1000. I am 13 months post op. I have to say I am hungrier now. If not for the lessons I learned through this journey I could see how someone could regain their weight. When they say your surgery "expires" at one year. I kinda believe it. I have stuck to my plan to the letter. I met goal at 6 months so I have been maintaining for 7 months. It's a struggle every day to eat the right foods. But I do it because I don't want to end up in the same boat I was in before this surgery.

A year out, I work out 5 - 6 days a week. I eat 900 - 1050 calories a day and a minimum of 100 gms of Protein daily. I find the secret to feeling full on low calories is more dense foods. I make sure to include healthy fats like avocado or nut butters and plant based carbs like Beans and whole grains such as quinoa in my diet.

Thanks so much everyone. My nut doesn't have much to say about calories. What about carbs? Anyone count them?

I am almost 11 months out and eat 900-1000 calories daily...protein is usually 90-100 grams...60g of carbs or less. I increase my carbs for more intense workouts, if needed.

I guess its because I might be a male, but I am eating between 1200-2000 calories per day. But I am also burning around 800-1200 calories a day in exercising so I'm usually netting like 800 calories per day. This has been over the last 2 months since I've been tracking with MyFitnessPal. Yesterday I had only ate around 1000 calories and I got a warning from MFP that my caloric intake was way too low and I had to get it up to at least 1200, so I ate a Fiber One Bar. My Protein intake is where it needs to be at which is between 85-100grams a day, which is what I still focus on.

Thanks so much everyone. My nut doesn't have much to say about calories. What about carbs? Anyone count them?

I do and I don't. I typically get in between 40 -60 carbs, but I pay more attention to the source rather than the count. I don't mind if they are from plant based sources. I just try to avoid highly processed "white" carbs like breads and refined sugars.

I guess its because I might be a male, but I am eating between 1200-2000 calories per day. But I am also burning around 800-1200 calories a day in exercising so I'm usually netting like 800 calories per day. This has been over the last 2 months since I've been tracking with MyFitnessPal. Yesterday I had only ate around 1000 calories and I got a warning from MFP that my caloric intake was way too low and I had to get it up to at least 1200, so I ate a Fiber One Bar. My Protein intake is where it needs to be at which is between 85-100grams a day, which is what I still focus on.

I ignore that warning. I typically burn 700 - 800 calories from exercise and eat between 900 1050 calories a day. On heavy workout days I do allow my carb count to be a little higher, but I don't really worry about MFP's warning because it wasn't configured with bariatric patients in mind. I just make sure to hit my Protein goal of 100gms or more, make sure I am well hydrated and listen to my body. If I feel especially hungry or fatigued I may eat a hard boiled egg.

Twelve hundred calories really are the baseline for everyone. Eating below this will slow down weight loss long term. Many of you will need more than this depending on your individual needs.

7 months out, 5 pounds from stretch goal weight. I eat 1700 calories a day. I exercise daily. I think maintenance will be around 2000 per day. I've been steadily increasing calories for 3 months and continue to lose weight. I eat really healthy food. Lots of fresh vegetables and fruit. Lean Protein, only whole grains. I eat fairly balanced macros, much higher carb than most. 25% protein, 35% fat, 40% carbs are my goals. It is working very well for me. I am right center of normal BMI range now.