Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They seemed sane...Dating horror stories

So far my experiences since divorce 13 years ago have been through online dating sites that didn't even make it to a first date. I haven't had same kind of horror stories shared but with 2 we talked for months but he never could seem to get to actually meeting, and 3 we talked until the sob stories and requests to "loan" them money came, and one after talking a bit and I shared the stories of men out for money literally disappeared so figured was in the same category lol!

@@roundisashape - Holy cow, really? Showed up with his stuff? Well you know he has no pride, but on the plus side you will see if he has enough bootstraps to pull himself up...no, that's not really good either

@@RetroGirl - What part of Poland are you from? I was in Krakow last year for work. Wonderful beautiful place. Was the idiot from England? Those hooligans were a plague when I was there.

Well at least I haven't been scammed for money yet ....

wow those are some crazy stories! can't wait until I get some dates so I can post too! haha

I have been on one date since I have moved to the sorta south. I talked to this guy online for a week he lives near by so he wanted to meet for a drink. We meet and as we are walking through the parking lot into the bar, he starts mimicking how I talk and commenting on how the term I am going to use here is proper I talk. Good to know the college education paid off.

I should have turned around then and went back to my car but no, I went in anyway. The conversation only went down hill. I said I wasn't interested in having children, he asked if I was infertile. No, quite the opposite I just have better things to do.

I haven't been on a date since. Unless I find some amazing transplant guy that moved here from some place civilized I doubt I'm dating until I move again.

What part of Poland are you from? I was in Krakow last year for work. Wonderful beautiful place. Was the idiot from England? Those hooligans were a plague when I was there.

No, the guy was actually Polish. I suppose he might have even grown in to a decent man... Never date a guy in his early twenties, I guess.

I'm from Warsaw, for some reason we're not experiencing the British plague here. I guess vomiting and pissing in public is only fun in Cracow. ;)

Wish I could add to this topic with a funny story, but I can't. In a way I feel super lucky! My husband was the first adult relationship I had (if 18 counts as being an adult...). I guess I could add that our first actual time out, before we were 'official' without friends, was with my parents... Embarrassingly, my dad said "Nice to meet you! Are you sleeping with my daughter?" and he quickly, without a pause replied "Not yet, sir."

The last one takes the cake, though. He said he thought he might be facing impending homelessness, and my mouth engaged before my brain and said, "well, if you can't find something fast enough, you can spend a few days on my couch until you find something else" (because who on earth could say, "gee, sorry" and watch someone sleep in a tent, y'know?). 6 days later he showed up with all his stuff, and now he won't leave...it's been almost a month. When I figure out what to do with him, I'm going to stop dating for a while, lol.

@@roundisashape ... In the dictionary beside the term "boundary issues" is your photograph.

Call the cops and have them come over while he packs up and leaves.

And in the next 15 minutes, change ALL your house locks.

These stories are getting better and better, sheesh the fact that these are real stories is mindblowing!!

@RetroGirl I'm from Warsaw, for some reason we're not experiencing the British plague here. I guess vomiting and pissing in public is only fun in Cracow. ;)

From what I understand, there is some cheap flight from London to Cracow and it's much cheaper to drink there than the pubs in London, plus the beer is warm in England, so I understand why people would want to leave. But that being said, the Brits that show up are a**holes

Yikes, these stories make me feel super lucky with my online dating experiences. Granted, I think I on maybe 5-6 dates that started online. All except one of those went well enough to warrant second dates.

My husband and I met online. We only went on those first two dates, though. Then I ended up getting serious with another guy I had met through online dating around the same time. That guy and I were together a year and a half. Meanwhile, the man who is now my husband became my roommate for a year or so and we stayed good friends, even after I moved into a new apartment with the guy I got serious with. I eventually broke up with that guy, then dated/lived with another guy for two and half years. So something like 4+ years after I'd initially met my husband and gone on two dates with him, we once again found ourselves both single and in need of a roommate. It wasn't long after he moved in as my roommate that we got romantically involved and the rest is history!

Wow - I'm so worried about the whole move in together phase, that part was easy peasy for you! Talk about smooth transition! I'm glad it all worked out so well. ????

@@BethinPA - Just goes to show you that despite all of our scheming and plotting, things sometimes just work out. And that seems to be the odd constant in my occasional success in dating. The universe seems to reward my efforts, but often in unexpected ways.

Yikes, these stories make me feel super lucky with my online dating experiences. Granted, I think I on maybe 5-6 dates that started online. All except one of those went well enough to warrant second dates.

My husband and I met online. We only went on those first two dates, though. Then I ended up getting serious with another guy I had met through online dating around the same time. That guy and I were together a year and a half. Meanwhile, the man who is now my husband became my roommate for a year or so and we stayed good friends, even after I moved into a new apartment with the guy I got serious with. I eventually broke up with that guy, then dated/lived with another guy for two and half years. So something like 4+ years after I'd initially met my husband and gone on two dates with him, we once again found ourselves both single and in need of a roommate. It wasn't long after he moved in as my roommate that we got romantically involved and the rest is history!

Wow - I'm so worried about the whole move in together phase, that part was easy peasy for you! Talk about smooth transition! I'm glad it all worked out so well.

Yeah, since we went from roommates to romantically involved, we already knew what it was like to live together. So it was an easy transition for sure! That was almost 10 years ago now... 14 years since the first time we were roommates. We're in the process of buying our second house together! And he's still the best roommate I've ever had!

Omg. Are you guys ready? Here I go!!

1. Guy shows up and he's nothing like his profile pictures. He's ugly and has a hairy back sticking out of his shirt. His voice is incredibly obnoxious and he spends most of the date talking about Kung fu movies.

He talks me into going to sushi with him and I tell him, fine but I'm NOT hungry so I'll just watch you eat. We get there, and turns out he is one of those people that thinks Japanese sushi chefs will understand them better if they speak in a very loud pretend Japanese accent!!

"Hewwwwo, we likey sushii yum yum pwease! Arigato!"

Omg. The waitresses are rolling their eyes, and I am mortified having lived in Japan and being very aware how ridiculous this is!

The ****** bag proceeds to order me a 16 piece of sushi plate and a shrimp head!! Omg. I can't eat it of course but I make myself sick trying because I can't stand to waste food and puke three times in the bathroom and to make it worse the a*****e drinks all my sake!!!!

2. I go out with this super cute guy. On our second date he takes me to a beautiful restaurant, delicious food, pulling out my chair, opening the car door, doing everything right! He is funny and charming and I'm loving it.

Until. He gets this crazy look in his eyes and starts telling me with full conviction how he's got friends with special powers that can levitate things with their minds and see the future!!! Aha hahahha.

2. Go out to Breakfast with a guy. He's late but when he shows up he's kinda cute. So we sit down and we are chatting and he tells me about how he was part of a Christian cult for 12 years. ????

But he left it and I'm thinking okay at least he left it. I casually ask about his kids and he launches into everything about his ex wife and how three weeks ago!!!!! He finally had her arrested from their home for domestic abuse and she went to jail. Three weeks ago!!! f**k!!!

I want to leave but I stay and damn sure he pays for Breakfast.

4. Quick summery- the guy who offered to put his hand up my dress and grab my ass. The guy who showed up wearing lipstick. The gay cowboy. The nutlike guys who have me the entire histories of their alcoholic bulimic abusive ex-wives. The guys who bailed on their kids. The guys with no time at all for dating. The guy who had a compulsive spitting problem. The alcoholic. The guys who made me pay.

Ugh. It's a scary world out there!!

Edited by bellabloom