Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Isopure "mouth coating" fix?

I am a couple months out from surgery (not scheduled yet) but I am trying out different Protein Drinks to see what is out there and what is palatable, at least for now.

I've gotten some of the Isopure Zero Carbs (40g of protein!). The taste isn't too bad but i feel like they create a coating in my mouth. Any suggestions on how to lessen this feeling?

Thanks!

I love that stuff. Drank it right after I was cleared for liquids and I think that is why my energy level never dropped when I had restrictions on my eating. The residue always goes away when I take a swig of Water.

If you can handle the extra, can you dilute with Water? They are so sweet to me so I really need the dilution.

I love that stuff. Drank it right after I was cleared for liquids and I think that is why my energy level never dropped when I had restrictions on my eating. The residue always goes away when I take a swig of Water.

I'm really glad i tried it. It tastes good and has so much Protein.

If you can handle the extra, can you dilute with Water? They are so sweet to me so I really need the dilution.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may try that.

I made a mix with mine. 8oz of Isopure, 8oz of Powerade Zero - same color, and 8oz of Water. I drank 2 of those a day every day in the first few weeks.

I couldn't deal with the chalky feeling it left in my mouth.

I did what Kranky813 did - diluted it with a bit of Powerade zero. I just love the grape powerade. I do drink Isopure occasionally, but not as much as I used to.

Those drinks actually caused the "skin" of my mouth and throat to slough off. It was so funky. I drank them for three days then had to move on to something else.