Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since surgery on the 23rd July 2015, I have been taking Centrum chewable (not gummies) and everything has been fine. I had bloods done and last week got the results which were great. I had no need of B12 injections and Iron was good. So I was very happy. On advice from my dietitian, I started taking regular Centrum yesterday and have thrown up after taking it. All I can taste is the Vitamin and its put me off eating today.

My dietitian isn't in until Thursday and wondered if anyone else had this issue?

I can't take regular Multivitamins. I had this issue even before surgery. One-A-Day and Centrum both make me incredibly sick for hours after I take them. Because of this I have always opted for the Gummy version which has never made me feel sick. I have several friends who also can't tolerate the pill version of multi-Vitamins because of the nausea they tend to cause. I gave up trying to take the big girl version of Vitamins and now I stick with gummies, lol.

Try Flintstones chewable. I take one in the morning and one at night. I do have to take a B12 and Calcium chewable as well but they all go down just fine.

Sorry to hear this - I'm afraid I don't have anything useful to suggest but thanks for posting as I was in Boots today and was just about to change over to the Vitamins you are taking. Pre-op I really liked the chewable Centrum but now they taste horrible to me. It is such a minefield!

Hope you feel better soon xx

I can't take regular Multivitamins. I had this issue even before surgery. One-A-Day and Centrum both make me incredibly sick for hours after I take them. Because of this I have always opted for the Gummy version which has never made me feel sick. I have several friends who also can't tolerate the pill version of multi-Vitamins because of the nausea they tend to cause. I gave up trying to take the big girl version of Vitamins and now I stick with gummies, lol.

I was always fine with Centrum Advantage one a day before surgery.... Funny how we change after VSG!! Hubby has arrived with Centrum chewable, I have had one and all is well with the world again. :)

Sorry to hear this - I'm afraid I don't have anything useful to suggest but thanks for posting as I was in Boots today and was just about to change over to the Vitamins you are taking. Pre-op I really liked the chewable Centrum but now they taste horrible to me. It is such a minefield!

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thank You Soodoo... Hope you are well :) ~~ Hugs~~

So sorry to hear you had this reaction, Kate! Hope you feel better soon. After surgery I couldn't stomach the taste of Bariatric Advantage. I mean it was really off putting. Had to switch to Celebrate.< /p>

So sorry to hear you had this reaction, Kate! Hope you feel better soon. After surgery I couldn't stomach the taste of Bariatric Advantage. I mean it was really off putting. Had to switch to Celebrate.< /p>

Such a waste of money! It's odd how things change.

I can't face eggs now yet the first few weeks I had them for Breakfast most mornings

I'd go back to the chewables and try the capsules again later. I always take my Vitamins at night, because I hate the way they taste, and I hate burping up the nasty Vitamin taste.

Prior to bariatric surgery I felt nauseous when I took Vitamins. I later discovered that, if the multi-Vitamin contains Iron, it might upset your stomach if taken on an empty stomach... better to take it with food. I suggest trying that before ditching the Vitamins.

The chewable ones are fine on an empty tummy but I think you're right. Better taken with food.< /p>

Centrum also made me sick. I now use Baratric Advantage in capsules, even with the Iron in it, no problems at all

@@_Kate_ I would go back to what you were using until you see him/her.

I'll be having surgery in a couple months.. I will take Pharmanex Children's chewable vitamins called Jungamals.

I now take Pharmanex Lifepak Nano.

Nano meaning small, so the body absorbs the nutrients easier. The other day I opened all the pills and emptied them in juice and drank it down... I couldn't even taste it.. So after surgery I'll try that.

The One a Day pills are hard pressed.. They will not even get absorbed at all.. Even for someone that has not had the surgery.

I REALLY don't want to lose my hair.. So I am very interested in how things absorb..

I'm also starting now using NuSkins Nutriol hair Fitness Preparation and Nutriol Shampoo.. This helps with hair loss...

We shall see how it goes!