Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was curious if there were any Sleevers on the island of Oahu. It would be awesome to meet others and share this journey. I have befriended a few other girls, but the more the merrier!

In my opinion, it is hard being obese on an island where you can wear a bathing suit to shop at costco =P

So any face-to-face support would be amazing!

Dang it! I do contracts there (13 weeks at a time) but haven't been for awhile, if I come back I would meet up with you!

I don't live in Hawaii either, but will be back someday.

The last time I was in Hawaii I couldn't walk on the beach, so one of my major goals is to be able to take surfing lessons when I go back (hence my name).

I hope you find some local folks to meet with, and when I am able to revisit Hawaii I'll look you up!

Aloha @@Namaste6, I live in Honolulu - where on the island are you? How has it been going for you thus far as you prepare for surgery?

I am almost 6 months post-op and while there have been bumps and unexpected turns, overall I am thrilled with where I am today and am so grateful for my sleeve. I still have many more changes I want to make (exercise more, cook more) yet I try to take a moment everyday to notice how far I have come and how healthy I eat now (high Protein, low carb). It feels amazing to finally take control of my eating and my life and focusing on this helps since I still have so far to go.

Feel fee to message me if you'd like to talkstory and/or get together. I wish you the best in your journey!!

@@butterfly23

I live over on the east side (Hawaii Kai). I have been going to the gym for the past month and have lost just over 20 lbs, which feels amazing! I also have been doing high Protein, low carb, which as gotten easier, thank god.

I am working with Dr. Fowler over at Castle Medical, and the team over there has been very supportive. Who was your surgeon?

@@Namaste6 I got my surgery at Kaiser in Moanalua yet I have heard great things about Castle! Hope the pre-op is going well for you? Congrats on the loss thus far. Let me know if you have any questions, I cannot believe how fast the 6 months since my surgery has gone.

@@butterfly23 I start the actual pre-op diet next Wednesday, but I think dieting and cutting out processed foods will help a lot with that!

Congrats on your weight loss! Maybe we will see each other sometime for support!

@@Namaste6 sounds like you are ready! I saw in another post that you have been submitted for approval - fingers crossed! What are they having you do for pre-op diet? Kaiser has us do Optifast, which is mostly Protein shakes, a couple of Soups and one Protein Bar a day. I was on it for 30 days, but glad I did it as my surgeon said my liver was small and easy to manuever, which is the main point of the pre-op diet.

I am happy to share any lessons I learned but don't want to overburden you, either. The biggest thing I suggest is finding a lot of your items online as it was cheaper for me than the high prices here (except for my premier Protein Shakes from costco) for Vitamins and such. I also found my taste changed after surgery so not to load up too much beforehand.

Hope the wait to hear about approval isn't too brutal!

@@butterfly23

I actually got approved two weeks ago =] My surgery is Nov. 4th, just 21 days away!! Castle has you do a 2 week Liver Shrinking diet that starts next week (2 Protein drinks, 2 Protein Snacks, one meal), but for the past month they have us do high protein, low carb. For now, I am set on all the essentials (protein, Vitamins, etc.) But I am sure I will branch out and find different flavors later.

@@Namaste6, forgive me! Glad you are already through the approval nightmare and are only 3 weeks away from your surgery. I had my gallbladder out on Tuesday (from rapid weight loss) so I am a bit loopy from the anestheisa/meds, although this one is much easier than the VSG. Good luck with all your prep!

@@Namaste6, forgive me! Glad you are already through the approval nightmare and are only 3 weeks away from your surgery. I had my gallbladder out on Tuesday (from rapid weight loss) so I am a bit loopy from the anestheisa/meds, although this one is much easier than the VSG. Good luck with all your prep!

Oh wow - yeah, I heard of a few people having to get their gallbladder removed! Glad everything went smoothly =]