Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi had surgery on 29th....

Was released to go home today yay overall i think im doing good just feel like an over blown beachball from all the iv liquids and having a rather yucky sweet dry taste in my mouth that brushing temporarily fixes... Anybody else having or had that issue ? What Did you find that worked

Better? The bloating i would assume correct it self by walking or stretches. I plan on sticking to Water until the 3rd. So anyone have ideas or fixes that worked for them? Thanks!!!

The taste in your mouth - yes that is normal. It might be from the fluids or from the Protein shakes if you are drinking them already. I found sugar free mints somewhat helped - but I could only have them in my mouth for a few minutes - then they made me nauseous at the beginning.

The bloating will lessen as your body absorbs the gas and fluids. Keep moving - it will help. And no need to move fast - just move...

The first three months, I had to brush my teeth so many times per day I thought they would fall out. Sorry I don't have a solution, but know this is definitely normal and will pass.

I have that funny taste in my mouth, too. Had surgery on 9/23 and when I woke up in recovery it was the first thing I noticed. Still have it, and brushing my teeth all the time. I wonder what that is?

All ive been doing is sipping water... I did make strained pea Water which i liked but tummy said no way on... I did manage to get some sleep... Been using the timer on my phone to remind me to drink and its been less than an ounce that i could get down at a time... I want to burp all the time and my bellybutton area has been super sensitive all movements hurt i do it anyway how else is it gonna get better...

I do know i am NOT taking that sickening sweet Tylenol liquid they were giving me at hospital and i think i am gonna be ready for milk at least that is not sweet...

my surgeon has put me on Water plus gatorade or 100% juice for only 1 week post op...and i still cant get that taste out of my mouth. i hope it goes when i start my full liquids

I was sleeved on the 28th and I don't think I had a bad taste in my mouth but my tongue is now white.. not sure if it is from the antibiotics or the Protein drink that I am drinking. But using mouth was and brushing seems to slightly be helping. It has been super difficult to get all the fluids and Protein intake in for me, but the doctor said they don't expect me to get the needed amount in at this time but hopefully close to it.

I am 3 days post op and I had the yuck mouth as well. It was the worst. I am only drinking Water trying to get my fluids and this morning it is already much better. I am not taking any meds so I assume it was either them or anesthesia.

I will try some Protein on day 4 or 5 as I get nauseous really easy.

Good luck to you all!

Havent really tried for Protein yet after having some nausea after mixing 1 part strained or pureed peas with Water and 3 parts water im not quite ready for full liquids yet... It is getting easier to drink water though i did what is considered a no no by using a straw... I was putting too much air in stomach not using a straw Resulting in alot of burping. I now having alot less burping and not really passing gas much the other way i am waiting for it...

I loved having a little bit of a GasX strip. The intense taste kept my mouth sweet for quite a while after :)

@@mouse1972rb Congrats on the surgery and wishing you a very speedy recovery !!

Kate

I was sleeved on the 28th. The only thing that has helped the taste in my mouth is lemon in my Water. It's also helped with the horrible heartburn. Anyone else having that? I feel like I'm still on pain meds because my left shoulder hurts and the heartburn is so bad. My Dr. did have to repair a fairly significant hernia, so she said that would likely hurt more. I feel like I can't really eat much. I get through maybe half a Protein shake a day. I'm walking a lot and moving around. It's really the nights that are not so great.

@@bibleajosc I still have not pushed Protein yet. I could only get down 2 Oz and it got so thick I just couldn't tolerate any more. I plan to try again tomorrow which will be day 5.

Did your Dr give you a PPI? I hope the heartburn eases up soon.