Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Madmax68 well that's easy enough to remember!

@@Chrystee you might want to try adding 100 - 200 for two weeks as a test and see if that makes a difference. But with all the working out you're doing you're also gaining muscle. I was told by my doc to take measurements when I weigh in as a reminder that I may be losing inches even if the number on the scale isn't as low as I'd like.

@@Chrystee I'm obviously not a doctor, but I think you probably do need to increase some. Especially on those days where you bike 20 miles or more!

Yea, I know.. I also need to be watching my carbs better.

@@Chrystee you might want to try adding 100 - 200 for two weeks as a test and see if that makes a difference. But with all the working out you're doing you're also gaining muscle. I was told by my doc to take measurements when I weigh in as a reminder that I may be losing inches even if the number on the scale isn't as low as I'd like.

Yea, that's why I haven't been too worried.. but I do need to watch what I'm eating a little better, cause some no-no's have creeped into the diet. I've always heard the muscle theory and I feel like that is bunk unless I was at goal.

@@Chrystee watching them how? Do you think you need more or fewer?

@@Chrystee watching them how? Do you think you need more or fewer?

Fewer definitely.

@@Chrystee ah ok. As for the inches thing being bunk, I doubt it. My doc is an excellent surgeon but coldly clinical and unlikely to say something just to try and make a patient feel better about the number on the scale. And I've heard it from a variety of other sources too.

@@Chrystee ah ok. As for the inches thing being bunk, I doubt it. My doc is an excellent surgeon but coldly clinical and unlikely to say something just to try and make a patient feel better about the number on the scale. And I've heard it from a variety of other sources too.

No, not inches lost.. I believe that.. I mean the muscle weighs more than fat theory.. I've been weightlifting for quite some time, so I don't think that's why I'm losing less weight than the previous few months.. I think I'm just in a bit of a stall. :)

@@Chrystee gotcha!

I'll never forget when I was listening to a podcast by Jillian Michaels (I know some hate her, but I love her).. and she said, the muscle makes you gain myth is total bunk.. its something people to say to make someone feel better and that its really, really hard to gain that much muscle. :)

@@Chrystee interesting! I don't know much about Jillian Michaels apart from catching video snippets of her screaming at crying fat people on Biggest Loser.

@@Chrystee interesting! I don't know much about Jillian Michaels apart from catching video snippets of her screaming at crying fat people on Biggest Loser.

I love her.. Biggest Loser makes her seem like a monster (cutting out the parts where she is consoling someone, and putting in all the screaming cuts, which is why she left the show). Check out her podcast though. She was heavy when she was younger. She actually really cares about people.

I really like Jillian Michaels she's a great person

Indieflickers,

As the others have said, everyone’s different. The important things that everyone needs to do are to get the needed protein; make healthy food choices such as fruits and veggies and healthy fats instead of sugary and low-nutrient starchy foods and saturated fats; and develop healthy eating patterns that you can stick with long-term.

You’re probably doing fine if you’re feeling comfortable and in control at 1300 calories, and losing weight, even if it’s not as fast as it was 8 months ago right after surgery. If you want to cut back on Protein because you said you’re getting “too much,” you can always go for nutritious alternatives, like nuts, peanuts, oatmeal, avocados, and sweet potatoes.

Also, if you exercise a lot, you need more calories than someone who doesn’t exercise, so that’s something to consider, too.

Congrats on your weight loss so far! You are doing phenomenal, so it’s hard to believe there’s even a chance that you’re not doing everything right!

@@Alex Brecher thanks! I think the reason I asked is because it sort of feels on the edge of my control. I've been hyper vigilant about everything and I'm worried that the rise in calories is a sign that I'm slipping a bit and perhaps giving into cravings more. I seem to be having a lot more cravings than usual too, which also makes me anxious. I do exercise a lot, which may be why I'm more hungry than usual, but I can't say that for certain. I weigh in at the doctor's tomorrow so I'll get to see if the added calories have had any effect.