Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Hi guys! Just thought I would check in. I had my 3 month check up a few weeks ago and everything was great! My doctor said that they wanted to see 40% of excess weight off by then and I had exceeded that! So...lol don't worry about how fast it is coming off.

As of today, I have lost 42 lbs since surgery - with around 71 lbs total. I feel pretty darn good - although I still get tired out relatively easily. I've given all old clothes away and have settled with wearing jeggings and t-shirts most of the time (I'm retired - so don't have to 'dress')

I got tired of baggy clothes for church so finally went out and bought a dress. Luckily winter stuff is marked way down. I am officially out of plus sizes!! I got a 16, but probably could have gotten a 14. When I held the dress up in the store it looked awfully little - lol - but it fits well - at least for the next few weeks. My next purchase will probably be an Easter dress - just because.

I am flying to NY this morning to visit my daughter. I am anxious to see how I fit into the seat - last time I flew I had to ask for an extender - think those days are long gone. My daughter hasn't seen me since I've started losing weight. She is in for a surprise.

While in NY we are going to get a make-over together. This is something I promised myself for when I got under 200 lbs. It ought to be loads of fun!

Anyway, that is an update on me - slow but steady is winning the race! I hope everyone else is well. Although I don't post very often, this group has meant a whole lot to me on my journey. Peace and love to you all!

@@miiasan Glad to hear from you & your progress! Your daughter is going to be so surprised!! I too am out of plus sizes & wearing some 16 that are starting to look baggy!!! I'm retired too, waiting to buy new pants till I get to my new size so thankful I can get away with the baggy!! I've been wanting to do a girls trip to NYC with my daughter, maybe that would be a good goal gift! Have fun on your trip!

Hey guys! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'm at 163. Total of 62lbs lost and 43 more to go till I reach my goal weight. I've had struggles and stalls but trying to stay motivated. Really hard with schedule to get enough exercise in. And to remember to take my Vitamins. Hopefully it will get easier. Going through the Hair loss stage right now too. Glad to see everyone on here. You guys keep me going!

I had an NSV I had to share with you. Yesterday after work I got in the car and realized how much room was between me and the steering wheel. Before I could not turn the wheel around with one hand because my belly would get in the way. There used to be no room between my belly and the steering wheel. Now I have a LOT of room between me and the steering wheel.

Hello fellow October '15 sleevers! Found this list of snack ideas and there are few in there that sounded good, that I hadn't thought of, some maybe amped up with a little unflavored Protein. Anyway, thought I'd share:

http://greatist.com/health/100-calorie-snacks

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well. I had bit of a setback this week and had to go back to liquids. I thought it was my gallbladder thank goodness it was nothing serious! I am 53lbs done and halfway to my goal.

post-135979-0-71802300-1457877108_thumb.jpeg

@@SleeveandRNYchica Good to hear from you!!! Sorry you had the set back! 53 lbs is great! I've lost 50 since surgery!!! 35 more to go to get to 145 to keep it under 150!!! The weight loss has slowed down, but I haven't been walking like I was, need to step it up, literally!!! Keep going your looking great!!!!!!

@@SleeveandRNYchica Good to hear from you!!! Sorry you had the set back! 53 lbs is great! I've lost 50 since surgery!!! 35 more to go to get to 145 to keep it under 150!!! The weight loss has slowed down, but I haven't been walking like I was, need to step it up, literally!!! Keep going your looking great!!!!!!

Thank you! You are doing great @60&goin4it. The activity does help. I started working out last week and I have personal training once a week. I am 48lbs to my goal of 100lbs lost my surgeons goal is an additional 22lbs. I am just trying not to look that far ahead. This week was tough and I landed in the ER. So just trying to stay hydrated because I have not met Protein goals all week. I have been unable to eat. Hoping for a better week!

Good luck! I haven't posted In a while. I had surgery on October 15, 2015 so I am about 5 months post op. Highest weight 289. Surgery weight 280. Current weight 214 and still losing about 2lbs a week. My goal is 200-205, so I am not far off and haven't been to my 6 month checkup yet. (I do understand that my goal is less than most others so I take that into consideration). I got worried because I wasn't eating much at all, but my surgeon said to try to increase calories. Also I hadn't been running at all in the last 2 months because I had leg pain but the weight keep coming off, just slower. I'm walking again before I start running since daylight savings time changed I can get it in. I often don't know what to eat. It's funny, but I can't just eat something because it's there. I get hunger pains, but even then I don't really want to eat. I'm happy with the weight loss. I'm ecstatic about the lifestyle change. I eat to live....I no longer live to eat. This was the hardest thing I had done in my life and it was not easy. Challenges continue and will forever. But the process has taught me that you can be in control of your life. @@60&goin4it I must applaud your kindness and updates about your progress. You are the glue that keeps everyone together. Good luck everyone and thanks for your support!!

Good luck! I haven't posted In a while. I had surgery on October 15, 2015 so I am about 5 months post op. Highest weight 289. Surgery weight 280. Current weight 214 and still losing about 2lbs a week. My goal is 200-205, so I am not far off and haven't been to my 6 month checkup yet. (I do understand that my goal is less than most others so I take that into consideration). I got worried because I wasn't eating much at all, but my surgeon said to try to increase calories. Also I hadn't been running at all in the last 2 months because I had leg pain but the weight keep coming off, just slower. I'm walking again before I start running since daylight savings time changed I can get it in. I often don't know what to eat. It's funny, but I can't just eat something because it's there. I get hunger pains, but even then I don't really want to eat. I'm happy with the weight loss. I'm ecstatic about the lifestyle change. I eat to live....I no longer live to eat. This was the hardest thing I had done in my life and it was not easy. Challenges continue and will forever. But the process has taught me that you can be in control of your life. @@60&goin4it I must applaud your kindness and updates about your progress. You are the glue that keeps everyone together. Good luck everyone and thanks for your support!!

@@WillieBradley Thank-you for the kind comment, its all of you that keep me going!! You are so close to your goal, that is wonderful!! I couldn't have said it better about how I feel about food, it just isn't the craving anymore like it use to be. Eating to live rather than living to eat is definatly the way it is for me now!! Best of luck to you!

Hello, my latest update is a loss of 4.6 lbs last week. I am currently 269.8 (good bye 270s). I have lost 86.2 lbs since 6 October surgery and a total of 133.2 lbs since July. I am finally beginning to do things again. Last weekend I got beat up by a aerator. I rented a plug aerator. I put it in reverse by accident and it took out my mailbox. My wife asked "Why is our mailbox out in the street?" Between maneuvering that thing around the yard and spreading Milky Spores, grass seed, fertilizer and lime I almost walked 20,000 steps on Saturday and another 10,000 steps on Sunday. I was and still am one sore puppy. This is the first year I have actually worked on the yard in March. Usually I have been too lazy. Good luck guys and keep those posts coming.

Surgery date was October 26 2015. Starting weight 280, surgery day weight 222. Today I'm at 169.3, meaning I'm only 9 lbs away from goal weight suggested by surgeon. I'm so excited!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

@@steph_anie Gosh You have done fabulous! Congratulations!!! I have slowed down my weight loss mostly because I'm not exercising like I should, my bad, need to get with it!!! Won't be long & you will have met your goal!!! Thanks for sharing!

My surgery was Oct 13. HW 286, SW 268, and CW 199. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere lately (the last month). I have only lost 2 pounds in the last month and no matter what I do I just can't seem to get the scale to move. I eat about 1000 calories per day because I work out 2 hours every day. (Intense Cardio). I get 100g of Protein per day and drink at least 70 oz of Water. I did so well up until the middle of Feb, and then now just nothing. I have started adding more weights into my workouts. I understand that there is stalls, but this seems crazy. I still have 55 pounds to loose, and I'm not going to make my 6 month goal of 190 set by the surgeon. Anyone else having this problem?

@@kaitlynm You have done so well so far, maybe your body is just adjusting to the new you, plus with all the exercising you must be building some muscle. I don't think I would worry yet, give it some more time. I know most people the nearer they get to their goal the slower it gets. Everything you are doing is what you should be doing. My surgery was Oct.9th so you have lost more than I have so don't worry, I think you are on schedule!