Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

I just had my two month post op on Thursday. I'm down 45 pounds and Vitamin levels look good except for my Vitamin D. Have to up that like a lot! I can't see the difference in the mirror but can tell in the way clothes fit. I am down two pant sizes which is great. I have about 55-60 pounds left to go until I reach my ideal weight. Glad to see that everyone else is doing well. ????

@@SleeveandRNYchica I can't have salad until 3 months, all the Dr.'s are different, I'm jealous, miss my salads! I'm at 8 weeks now, & still have a lot of the chewables left but once they are gone, I don't plan on staying on them. They are an extra 30 calories a day. I noticed a lot of us aren't on here as much, I think everyone is doing better & not as scared as before surgery, soaking up all the info we could!!! Plus just busy going back to work & holidays! Hopefully we will all check in periodically to see how we are doing.

I got my blood work back & it was very good except I had a little too high of B12 ! Go figure! Never expected to be too high in something. I think I figured out why, I drink a Powerade zero 32 oz every day & it has B12 in it so with the multi 2 x & it I'm getting too much. So I will cut back to every other day of the powerade zero & see what my next blood work says. I'm getting 45 min. of walking 6 days a week. The weight loss has slowed down but is still moving.

My B12 level was really high too but it's probably because I'm taking two B12 Vitamins a day. NP told me I can cut back if I want to. It was my choice but definitely need to up my Vitamin D.

Edited by soonergirl619

@@soonergirl619 Wow you are really doing good on the weight loss!!! Fantastic news!!

I'm 8 weeks post op and have lost 23 pounds. My Vitamin D was in normal range and I'm cleared to eat lettuce, rice,pasta,and bread. I just need to be careful with it. Some days I still struggle with cravings and being hungry. I try to chase off my cravings by drinking flavored water and using positive self talk. This is my story for today.

@@kvoneye - it seems we are doing about the same. I am 8 1/2 weeks post-op and have lost 25 lbs. Wish it was more, but at least I am losing.

I completed my 8-weeks checkup on Friday. Down 41 pounds. Doctor was delighted about weight loss. I was released to full solids and full exercise. Im feeling good.

Hey guys just an update on my journey. Remember I was nauseous for days, well I ended up being hospitalized for 4 days.. they had to do an endoscopy cause they couldn't find what was wrong. Ended up being that I had an obstruction so they had to put a balloon to open up my sleeve a little. But I am doing better now just getting my energy back little by little. but other than I am 2 months post op & I am down 57 lbs 3 pant sizes down! So I am very happy about that :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

@@kvoneye & @@Onelife I think we are all loosing around the same, hopefully we will just keep on!

@@sleevemylife I'm glad you got it figured out & on your way to having more energy!! Your weight loss is great!! Congrats on the awesome #s! Get rid of the too big cloths!!!

I am sitting here with a sore throat. It worries me with my weakened system.

Ron's update:

I have been losing my hair for three weeks now. With all that I went through that is to be expected. I have a bald spot on the back of my head from laying in the hospital bed for so long. That probably won't grow back until my body decides it has enough energy to grow hair again.

Current weight: 302.4 lbs. Only 3.4 more pounds to Twoderland.

I have lost:

100.6 lbs since July

53.6 lbs since 6 Oct surgery

4.8 lbs last week

I have to lose approximately 12 more pounds to accomplish my first weight loss goal. It is to lose 100 lbs, from my doctors scales, and do it in less than 6 months.

I am in size 50 pants. Down from a 58. Part of this is I have shrunk enough to stop wearing them on my stomach and I am now wearing them at my waist. I started out in 6X shirts now I am wearing 2X.

I can now put my socks on while sitting in a chair. Before the only way I could put my socks on was to sit on the bed.

Although stairs are still a struggle I am walking without a cane.

My mom calls me a melting snowman. My stomach has a dent in it where my loose skin (soon to be my apron) is starting to droop.

I am in a super stall. The weight is just not budging. I think I have lost like 2lbs in the last two weeks. I know I got get to exercising more.....

@Sleeveand RNYchica stalls are a part of the process. I am 8 weeks out from surgery and already stalled twice - the first time for 4 weeks and the second for a little over 2. Nevertheless, when I look at my total weight loss since surgery I cannot really complain. I have lost 20 lbs - that is an average of 2.5 lbs a week. Not bad.... in the scheme of things.

Hang in there and keep following the plan - it works!

@Sleeveand RNYchica stalls are a part of the process. I am 8 weeks out from surgery and already stalled twice - the first time for 4 weeks and the second for a little over 2. Nevertheless, when I look at my total weight loss since surgery I cannot really complain. I have lost 20 lbs - that is an average of 2.5 lbs a week. Not bad.... in the scheme of things.Hang in there and keep following the plan - it works!

I know and thank you! I guess I am more concerned about what the dr thinks. My last visit I think they expected more and stalls where never mentioned. I expected it honestly. I am just concerned how they will respond at my next appt and I think that is where the pressure comes from.

@@SleeveandRNYchica Hopefully your doctor understands stalls. Although mine never mentioned anything about it before surgery when I went for my 6 week checkup and mentioned them to the doctor he told me not to worry about them. He said that often weight loss happens like steps with plateaus instead of a straight line down. I think what they want to see is a downward trend and that you are getting in your Protein, Water and Vitamins.< /p>

I have noticed that since I upped my calories to 800 a day and added a few good carbs that my weight is coming off nicely. Also drinking all my water helps alot.

Don't worry about what your doctor will say - just adhere to the plan. Knowing you are doing the right things and that the weight loss will eventually start again is what is important. It sometimes takes awhile for our bodies to do what we want them to do! Hang in there...

Success! Ish... I finally found a Protein Drink that I can mostly tolerate. New Whey Protein Shots. 42g of Protein in 3.5oz.

Sounds awesome, right? Lots of protein, little bitty drink...but it's like drinking liquid jolly ranchers. Sickeningly sweet and a little syrupy thick.

I was unsure about this drink, it's got mixed reviews, but my nutritionist says it's good and acceptable for us.

Now for the real fun...I have to plug my nose to drink it and it still makes me feel all gassy and weird. But...but...I actually hit my protein goal for the first time since surgery!