Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

I am so frustrated with this whole process. Trying not to be but I am. 5lbs is 4 weeks and again nothing this week. It is like a guessing game. If you are getting enough calories and Protein and exercise but not too much because we are already at a huge calorie deficit.

I did our menu for the week and I am doing all low carb cooking not that I am eating carbs like that anyway. I really hope I start to see a little more weight loss soon, today I just feel like crying....

Took the words right out of my mouth. I feel the same way. I feel like I'm failing! =(. Your not alone!

I know! It is crazy. I know I shouldn't be freaked out but I am. Just staying on course.

@@SleeveandRNYchica & @@Cali_Angel I know how you feel, I was there at the very beginning, only 5 lbs the 1st 2 weeks after surgery & it seemed everyone else had these big #s. I hope you guys are staying away from the scale every day. But if you are & its the weekly not loosing, Its frustrating & I know it seems like it won't ever move but it will! I have faith in us! Don't let those old feelings of not being able to loose get you down!!! We are here for you both!!!! In this together & I hope when I get down you will help pick me up!! Hugs to you both!!!!

@@Mogwaicat How are your mood swings coming? Feeling better? Hugs to you too!!!

Edited by 60&goin4it

@@SleeveandRNYchica & @@Cali_Angel I know how you feel, I was there at the very beginning, only 5 lbs the 1st 2 weeks after surgery & it seemed everyone else had these big #s. I hope you guys are staying away from the scale every day. But if you are & its the weekly not loosing. Its frustrating & I know it seems like it won't ever move but it will! I have faith in us! Don't let those old feelings of not being able to loose get you down!!! We are here for you both!!!! In this together & I hope when I get down you will help pick me up!! Hugs to you both!!!!

@@Mogwaicat How are your mood swings coming? Feeling better? Hugs to you too!!!

Thank you, it's hard not to get down about it. I'm staying away from the scales because it's so disheartening, but aside from that the few people who do knew I've had the surgery ask me like clock work " how much do you weight now, well just check, shouldn't you weight less" etc. Etc. It's like being between a rock and a hard place. I know it's just a moment in time, but man this moment sucks. Thank you for your very kind words though, they do help =).

@@SleeveandRNYchica & @@Cali_Angel I know how you feel, I was there at the very beginning, only 5 lbs the 1st 2 weeks after surgery & it seemed everyone else had these big #s. I hope you guys are staying away from the scale every day. But if you are & its the weekly not loosing, Its frustrating & I know it seems like it won't ever move but it will! I have faith in us! Don't let those old feelings of not being able to loose get you down!!! We are here for you both!!!! In this together & I hope when I get down you will help pick me up!! Hugs to you both!!!!@@Mogwaicat How are your mood swings coming? Feeling better? Hugs to you too!!!

Thank you!! I do weigh everyday but track only on Weds. It is still crazy to think weeks 3-7 almost nothing! It's like how can you eat so little and not lose weight lol!

@@395Ron The chicken sausage was something I found in my local Kroger's near the hot dogs. They also do turkey meatballs, apparently, and I tried their pineapple teriyaki.

@@60&goin4it I'm not as moody as I was, but girly issues continue to plague me. It's a good bit frustrating.

I'm not struggling to get through work nights anymore, but I still nap a bit on my nights off. Getting close to hitting my liquids goal, I can hit 62oz three out of five days. I get all my Vitamins in. Protein...I'm not so good with, still. On a really good day I can hit 40gms.

I've learned that if I try something new and it doesn't agree with me/makes me feel sick, I don't feel like eating anything else the rest of the day. Sooo...now I only try new things as the last meal of the day. That way, if I end up not feeling good I'm only out that one meal.

Finally had a chance to read through your more recent posts. To share: I had a 4 week stall but once it cracked (I didn't DO anything to crack it I just stuck to program), the weight started to come off again. I'm between 2-3 lbs a week, which is a great rate. It's not crazy noticeable so I'm not fielding questions like 'what have you done?' And I'm hoping it also means I won't lose my hair.

I eat almost all Protein. I have some carbs to keep fibre up and very few vegetables/no fruit yet. I find I can't get my protein in when I attempt a more balanced way of eating so I'm sticking with bran, dairy products and meat. I'm hoping I'll be more balanced eventually.

I'm not exercising at all but the plan is to bring it in the new year. My program so no working out for 3 months to allow for proper internal healing and no weight lifting for 6 months.

My only real struggle (other than feeling like I'm eating too much fat) is my mood. When there's stress or something happens that would usually send me to the fridge, I find myself lashing out a bit. Im trying to not be horrible but I can feel myself taking it out on my partner. I get irrationally upset when he eats things I can't eat. It's dumb. I don't know. I'm crying over movies and even a commercial once. He looks at me like he's a little afraid of me. Lol

Anyway, I read everyone's posts in here and I hope we keep the group going. Imagine a year from now?!? How we can be congratulating each other and celebrating our successes! We'll have seen each other through the year (and beyond!) and we can laugh and say, "remember when we were freaking out over stalls and crying and yelling at our partner?" Lol

@@Mogwaicat Your plan of trying new things later in the day is a good idea!! I have noticed that if I don't get my Protein for the day or Water, I feel it the next day every time. I'm tired & achy! Its so hard especially the water, I get busy & before I know it I'm behind on my amounts! Its so easy to forget!!!! I think I will tie my water bottle around my neck to remember!!

I had a horrible weekend. I are donuts and a couple bites of my bday cake without getting sick. I see the dr on Tues for a check up and I will finally see the NUT do the first time since surgery on Oct 15. I'm down 21 pounds and still have 80 to go. I'm going to Vegas in Feb and want to be down another 40. I know my Protein isn't where it needs to be and my fluids are hit and miss once in a while. What's everyone else been doing to hit their goals?

That should have said I ate

@@kvoneye You are doing great with your weight loss! I'm down 22 but with a week longer having surgery! Looks like we are loosing very similar! I'm just taking it day by day! I do well with my Protein, always rely on my Protein Shake if I haven't ate much. The Water is harder for me, I get busy & forget. Have to take benefiber every day to keep things moving. I'm staying completely away from all sugars, don't even want to start on that again. I walk when I can more days than not. Hope you meet your goal, if not I'm sure you will have loss as much as you have already & plus some!!! Best of luck to you, I'm right with ya!!

I got the go ahead to eat all foods. That includes bread, rice, and Pasta. She's pleases with the 21 pound loss and I don't go back until April. Saw the NUT for the first time since surgery in Oct. I don't go back to her for about 6 months. That's my update for now. How is everyone else doing?

@@kvoneye Great news !!!

I had my 6 week post-op appointment this past week. My surgeon is pleased with my progress. I can eat all foods now and can add weights to my exercising.

I am in another stall :( and hope this one doesn't last as long as the last one. I am feeling well, though and get in my Protein. Water and Vitamins as I am supposed to do. I forget sometimes that I am just 6 weeks out from surgery and overdo it. Our choir had their Christmas cantata this past Sunday and besides singing I played a few instruments - for two services. I hit the wall about half way through the second service and didn't think I would get through it - but I did. Went home and slept 4 hours!

Hope everyone else is getting along better. Seems like it gets easier as every week passes.

@@miiasan Good work your weight loss is amazing!!! Even with your stall!! It all balances out!! It does get better all the time!!

I had my 6 week appointment yesterday. My doctor was happy with my weight loss. She said to keep working on getting all of my Protein and Water. She is really happy with my results so far, 25 pounds. She thinks I be very successful. I have another appointment in 2 months. Good appointment.

@@L.Harmony Wonderful news! Glad everything is going well. For 6 weeks that is a great weight loss!!! Happy for you!