Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

I had my surgery Oct 28th, lately my emotions have been all over the place. I'm not sure why, I'm thinking some of the reasons are:

Being off of my birth control for so long.

Adjusting to the change.

Holidays

And more. . My question is since surgery has anyone else have some emotional days?

Mood swings come with the territory, I'm afraid. As we shed the fat we're digging up hormones. I doubled down on the, erm, lady problems this month as well as being cranky/sad.

@@Dar200 I love cottage cheese too, eat it at least once a day!!! The unflavored Protein Powder has helped me a lot! And the chicken broth flavor is good added to a lot of Soups, like my homemade ham & split pea! Keep trying it gets better all the time!! How are you doing on your weight loss?

weight loss is moving along at about four pounds a week. I've been having better luck with getting my Protein by mixing sugar free pudding mixes with flavorless protein powder. Also tolerating eggs really well. I'm really weird. I don't like Soup. I can eat it maybe once a week if I force myself to. I'm just adding protein powder to everything that isn't already protein and it is working. I think my nausea has calmed way down.

@@Dar200 Your weight loss is going really well, mine is around 2 lbs a week now. Glad to hear that your nausea is better!!

I had my 6 week post op appt yesterday. I have kinda stalled out only losing 5lbs from my 2 week post op to 6 week post op. I had my period one week and two weeks prior to that I didn't lose a pound! The NP didn't seem to concerned, as I am following the rules and I went back to work during that time. I did admit to not getting 2 Protein Shakes a day and she said that could cause me to stall. I don't go back until 1/22. I am now on full diet, so I had my 1st salad today. I also got rid of chewable vitamins!!! Yeah!!! That one Multivitamin was YUCK. I meet with the exercise consultant tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well. It seems like people are checking in less.

@@SleeveandRNYchica I can't have salad until 3 months, all the Dr.'s are different, I'm jealous, miss my salads! I'm at 8 weeks now, & still have a lot of the chewables left but once they are gone, I don't plan on staying on them. They are an extra 30 calories a day. I noticed a lot of us aren't on here as much, I think everyone is doing better & not as scared as before surgery, soaking up all the info we could!!! Plus just busy going back to work & holidays! Hopefully we will all check in periodically to see how we are doing.

I got my blood work back & it was very good except I had a little too high of B12 ! Go figure! Never expected to be too high in something. I think I figured out why, I drink a Powerade zero 32 oz every day & it has B12 in it so with the multi 2 x & it I'm getting too much. So I will cut back to every other day of the powerade zero & see what my next blood work says. I'm getting 45 min. of walking 6 days a week. The weight loss has slowed down but is still moving.

I haven't been on here as much because I have moved over to the post surgery chats. I do like to check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.

I am in here reading everyday, but I don't post as much as before surgery. I am doing well. Had surgery on October 15th. My highest weight was 289. I was 280 before pre-op, 272 at surgery, and am now 239. I am eating ok, and sometimes hit goal on liquids, but always manage to hit the Protein goals as of lately. Strange because I was drinking over 90 ounces a day before surgery...

Otherwise, nothing too eventful here. Keeping up with the exercise every other day, and trying to eat whenever I can although I am not hungry very often. Hopefully I will have some before and after pictures to share. Viewing other people's before and after photos are very motivational. Everyone looks very good.

Went to see my bariatric surgeon and NUT today. They are pleased with my weight loss. I am now on all foods (salad as well) except no rice, Pasta or bread. This is a dangerous time. Trying new foods. I can't wait to have a dill pickle wrap for some reason.

I am going to outpatient PT 3 times a week. I am still having issues with stairs and balance. They did a Brain MRI and found multiple issues with circulation. I have an appointment with a Neurologist 8 January to see about that and how bad the nerve damage s in my right thigh. It is numb and every time I take a step it burns.

@@60&goin4it I eat 3 times a day with no Snacks. 1/4 cup or 2oz per meal. At 3 months I will go to 1/3 cup or 3oz, 6 months 1/2 cup or 4oz, 9 months 3/4 cup or 6oz, 12 months 1 cup or 8 oz. Next month on 6 January I will graduate to 1/3 cup.

My B12 was high as well. I am now taking it every other day. They forgot to do a few test so I will have to go back to get them done.

@@Mogwaicat what is chicken sausage and where do you find it? I guess I have had my head in the sand because I have never heard of it. It could be because I live in the boonies and they don't have the fancy stuff here.

@@L.Harmony I can't say I have had any emotional days YET.

I am still on a stall! It's driving crazy. I've been walking but I've been slacking on my fluids and Protein. I've also had mashed potatoes on thanksgiving (like 2 bites) and bites of cranberry bread over the holidays.

The holidays are horrible. I'm so easily tempted. This can't be the reason I'm in a 3 week stall!

@@395Ron I hope everything goes well with the Neurologist!! After reading the amounts everyone else is eating I'm going to hold my intake at 2/3 cup & not do more until I talk with my Nut. at my 3 month appt. As long as I get 60g of Protein or more in, I think I will be fine. I will then see too if drinking my Powerade every other day brings the B12 down.

@@WillieBradley Your weight loss is fantastic! Keep up the good work!!!! I was thinking about the before & after picture's too! I think I will wait until I reach my goal!!

@@whoahbabyy It sounds like the normal 3 week stall everyone talks about on here! I doubt if the 2 bites of things on Thanksgiving caused it. I think your lack of fluids & Protein is probably more of the reason, your body wants to slow down it thinks its starving. Your doing great, & the walking is the best thing!!! Don't let the holidays get you down! Maybe walk a little more the day before & after!

I am so frustrated with this whole process. Trying not to be but I am. 5lbs is 4 weeks and again nothing this week. It is like a guessing game. If you are getting enough calories and Protein and exercise but not too much because we are already at a huge calorie deficit.

I did our menu for the week and I am doing all low carb cooking not that I am eating carbs like that anyway. I really hope I start to see a little more weight loss soon, today I just feel like crying....

I am so frustrated with this whole process. Trying not to be but I am. 5lbs is 4 weeks and again nothing this week. It is like a guessing game. If you are getting enough calories and Protein and exercise but not too much because we are already at a huge calorie deficit.

I did our menu for the week and I am doing all low carb cooking not that I am eating carbs like that anyway. I really hope I start to see a little more weight loss soon, today I just feel like crying....

Took the words right out of my mouth. I feel the same way. I feel like I'm failing! =(. Your not alone!