Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

@@sleevemylife Ugh!!! I feel so bad for you! That is a horrible feeling!!!! What has your Doctor said about it? Do you think you may have developed a lactose intolerance? I had nausea pills when I came home from the hospital but I never used them. So sorry your having to go through this! let us know how your feeling tomorrow or what your Dr. said!

@@Cali_Angel Glad things are moving for you ;-) ! Especially the scale!

Hi guys! After a LONG stall the scale finally started creeping down a week ago. As of today I have lost 7 lbs this week for a total of 14 since surgery. I am 5 weeks out - so that is an avg. of 2.8 per week. I will take it! Although my weight loss has been slower than a lot of folks, I am being patient and kind to my body. I did not gain the weight over night and seeing the scale creep down instead of going up is awesome. I weigh less today than I have for over 25 years; My energy level is pretty high and I am feeling great!

I look back on all of our highs and lows this past month and a half - all of our struggles to get in Protein and fluids - and I see a great group of people who are winning the battle against obesity! Our struggles are worth it and we are heading down the victory lane!

@@miiasan that's great news. I remember my scale doing the same thing. It's still moving slow,but still moving. Yesterday and today I am not the least bit interested in food. I even skipped my morning Protein and grabbed flavored water and that is a struggle to drink. I'm hoping as the day goes on, I can force myself to eat a Quest bar that I brought to work. I know that if a person doesn't get in their calories,that can cause the scale to stall. :( I hope I'm nothing getting an "I don't care attitude." Good luck with your continued weight loss.

@@miiasan It sounds like we are moving along about the same pace. I'm happy with the weight loss & don't care how fast as long as it moves in the right direction! I'm with you, I'm happy & feeling better than ever!!!! Thats worth a lot! We may not be the first to reach our goals but we won't be the last!!! Heading to victory!!!

@@kvoneye Sending you hugs!!! You have done fantastic so far! When I have a day that I don't want to eat which was yesterday I just added Protein Powder to my drink. I only count Protein to get at least 60g so I don't loose muscle. Are you able to do some walking? I have to make myself go walk but while I'm walking it gives me a new perspective on things & I seem to do my best thinking. Hoping your able to get your protein in today! Best of luck!!

5 weeks post op and feeling so nauseous :( it doesn't go away all day. I've been like this for a week already and I just want it to go away, I hate feeling like this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Same for me and I have not been able to narrow down the cause… sometimes I think it is because I ate too much, but sometimes it happens after a string cheese stick… not my Vitamins, either, because some times it happens when I eat and do not take my vitamins for that meal… Also, not too much sugars. Hope it goes away soon!

5 weeks post op and feeling so nauseous :( it doesn't go away all day. I've been like this for a week already and I just want it to go away, I hate feeling like this!

Same for me and I have not been able to narrow down the cause… sometimes I think it is because I ate too much, but sometimes it happens after a string cheese stick… not my Vitamins, either, because some times it happens when I eat and do not take my vitamins for that meal… Also, not too much sugars. Hope it goes away soon!
I honestly have not had an appetite so I know it's not because of eating too much. even after drinking Water I get nauseous :/ I get a bad taste in my mouth and blehh. So tired of the feeling. i have an appt today let's see how it goes. Hope you feel better soon

@@Dar200 How are you doing? I think your about 3 weeks out or so! Is the nausea with everything or just Water?

. I'm ok. I have nausea off and on. I couldn't handle plain water for the longest time so I used Sweet Leaf water drops. I'm having a hard time dealing with eating, nothing appeals to me most of the time. I understand that is a common problem at this point. I actually can feel in my pouch. Like I can tell when something goes in and I can tell when I'm full.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

@@395Ron Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!!!! I made my pie, haven't tried it yet! going to smother it in the sugar &fat free whip cream!!!!!! Made some deviled eggs too ! & of course Turkey! I should be good for the day!!!!!

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Everyone!!! This is also my 21st Anniversary to my wonderful husband Steve!! He has been so supportive through this whole thing. He has even changed his diet to the Adkins diet which goes well with my diet! Feeling loved & Blessed!! :)

@Dar200. I am still having trouble with Water also. My NUT wanted me to try it every so often to see if I can tolerate it because she was concerned about the sodium levels in some of the stuff I could get down. Today I am trying to force down water for half of my fluids. I have to drink it much slower and still have the stomach pain once in a while but overall am tolerating it better. I hope tolerating water gets better for you. I am thinking of trying different brands or types of water to see if that helps.

Also can relate that food is not appealing right now. I can tolerate food in the morning the best as I actually wake up a tiny bit hungry. By late afternoon I have to force myself to eat which is no fun. I can only eat about 2 ounces at a time unless it is Soup. My NUT wants me to eat 5-6 times a day and 800 - 1000 calories a day. IMPOSSIBLE!! But at least I get in 600 a day pretty regularly.

I think if we keep working at it things will even out. It is like the whole weight loss thing. Each person is different and progresses at different rates.

Happy Thanksgiving! I did the pumpkin pie too! Kept it small this year.

I'm feeling rather down and grumbly, so given the holiday I'll start with what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful I can tolerate any sort of meat I've tried so far without any issues (even if it's only very small portions). My insurance paid the lion's share for my surgery and has given me the opportunity to change myself into a fitter person. Yay. I have a good job, nice house, and reliable vehicle. All good things.

Today I'm just not feeling it, though. Case of the blues, nothing serious enough to seek help and this too will pass. Last week I had a few days where Water (WATER...the same stuff I drink every day!) was too sweet. No explainable reason behind it. I ended up brewing herbal tea extra strong and drinking iced tea all day to get my fluids in.

I've had a horrible taste in my mouth (Side effect of ketosis...unpleasant, very unpleasant) ever since a few days out of surgery, but lately it's just so gross I brush my teeth four times a day to try and keep it at bay.

This week I've had absolutely zero interest in food. Nothing looks, sounds or tastes good at all. I've been low-level nauseous all the time and while I haven't felt like throwing up the idea of food makes me queasy. I try to push past it, but I know I'm not hitting any goals there.

Now for the real kicker...protein. Trying to find some sort of drinkable Protein that doesn't make me dump, bloat, gag/vomit...I haven't found one yet. Premier Protein is an absolute no-go, Isopure is vile, Protein 2O makes me feel sick to my stomach after a few sips, Protein Water, even diluted, makes me bloated and I can't get it down. Pea protein actually made me physically sick (no idea why, I can eat peas just fine...I use them in my chicken salad), Egg white protein I couldn't stomach either. Soy protein is gritty and horrific, it put me off food for the rest of the day. I've got samples of Syntrax Nectar coming in the mail...so we'll see how that goes. I don't want to sacrifice my muscles, hair and health over something that I had hoped would be simpler. If it were just taste I'd hold my nose, put on my big girl panties and just deal with it...

Sooo...yeah. Sorry for the vent. On the upside? My grocery bills are phenomenally small.