Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

@@60&goin4it that is such great news! Congratulations!!! I feel like I ready to advance my diet. It is interesting because every program is so different. If you are doing 2/3 cup what percentage is meat and what is veggies. I think I would do better if my program said 2-3 oz of lean meat and a 1/4 of veggies (just for example)

There is a few of you we haven't heard from lately, how are you doing & feeling?

@ Thank-You! I feel very good about it. I have been doing 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup of cottage cheese & 1/4 cup of fish or chicken. If I have chili or Soup, I will have 1/2 cup & add Protein Powder to it or in my beverage to make 20g of Protein. Now that I will increase to 2/3 I will just increase the amounts to 1/3 each. They won't ok me for veggies until 3 months, another 6 weeks. I do eat cooked in Soups & chili (onions tomatoes split peas, beans). They said I could start eating low carb or whole wheat tortias & pork today! yea ! Not sure how I will figure out how much of a tortias & Beans. maybe a 1/2 of a small with 1/3 cup of beans on it would work.... hum got me thinking lol!!!

@ Thank-You! I feel very good about it. I have been doing 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup of cottage cheese & 1/4 cup of fish or chicken. If I have chili or Soup, I will have 1/2 cup & add Protein powder to it or in my beverage to make 20g of protein. Now that I will increase to 2/3 I will just increase the amounts to 1/3 each. They won't ok me for veggies until 3 months, another 6 weeks. I do eat cooked in Soups & chili (onions tomatoes split peas, beans). They said I could start eating low carb or whole wheat tortias & pork today! yea ! Not sure how I will figure out how much of a tortias & Beans. maybe a 1/2 of a small with 1/3 cup of beans on it would work.... hum got me thinking lol!!!

Be soooo careful with the tortillas! Chew chew chew and make sure you take it slow. Being stuck is such a yucky feeling!

Blech. I've spent all day feeling nauseated by the sight or smell of food and forcing myself to still get some Protein in. Nothing sounds, smells or tastes good at all today. I have a fridge full of lovely things I can eat, healthy things.

And yet...all I want is a freaking dorito-shelled taco from Taco Bell. Really, belly? Stupid cravings...it's a good thing I'd have to drive to get one, makes it much easier to talk some sense into myself.

Hey October family, congrats to everyone posting their losses. I'm eating more Protein finally and still struggling with many of you with the Water. I've hit a 10 day+ stall which defies logic considering I'm eating around 600 calories a day. I don't get the math of weight loss. It makes no sense to me. I'm frustrated but I've read enough posts to know it's apparently common around the 4 week mark. Ok I'm in week 5 now. It can stop! Lol

I still read all of your posts. It's so great to have people to check in with. Only my hubby knows so it feels lonely sometimes.

You guys are all great! Xo

@whoahbabyy. I invested in chewable vitamins and Calcium from Bariatric Advantage. Got enough for 3 months. They are so much easier than the pills and I like the taste. You might want to consider a chewable until you get everything else back to normal.

I have to take omeprazole every day and that has gotten stuck. Not a good thing to have to go through!

I take a chewable calcium (taste like chocolate chalk) my Multivitamin is chewable, but my colace isnt, and neither is my Vitamin D. Everything else is. My prilosec I break open and sprinkle in my mouth.

I've finally been able to hit all my Protein in a day. I just need to force myself to stay awake all day. I was still sleeping in so late. That's when I realize I don't get enough fluids or protein.

I think I figured out the reason behind my stall. I started my girly crap. So hopefully that's it.

My mother in law signed us up for a 5k thanksgiving morning. I told her I would try and walk it but I'm not too sure how well I'll do. And she goes, you had this surgery to lose weight you need to be walking! Which obviously I know and I do. But I can't go from walking around the block to running 3.2 miles with a whole day planned after that... I get so tired easily. I end up getting physically ill. Body aches, fever, etc. I'm trying to work it up but just the sound of a 5k makes me want to not get out of bed.

Edited by whoahbabyy

I'm October 28 th

@@whoahbabyy oh my gosh that does sound like a huge leap. Even walking a 5k would be too much for me let alone running it and having the full day planned after that! Good luck.

I am off blood pressure and cholesterol meds and have been cleared to walk outside with just a cane. The PT therapist and I walked two driveways down and back. I didn't use a walker just a cane.

@@L.Harmony welcome to the group. How are you doing post surgery?

My scale is moving again, ever so slowly, but it's moving. It's been awhile since my last post. I've been busy with work and don't seem to have enough time in a day. I still struggle with Water, but am better than I was. I feel I'm getting most of my Protein, as I drink a cinnamon roll shake with 30 grams of protein right away in the morning. I then try to eat protein rest of the day. To get my chocolate fix and for extra protein, I will eat a chocolate Peanut Butter waFer bar I ordered from the Bariatric store. They have a lot of different things and so far so good. I have the chocolate peanut butter calcium chews, which taste like chalk,but tolerable. Is there another flavor that is more then tolerable? Beginning weight a year ago 256, surgery day 227 and this morning 212. Not as much as most,but it's still some.

@@whoahbabyy I think its great your Mom in law wants to do something with you. Just walk as far as you can without pushing it & plan on not doing the whole 5k. Take a Protein Shake like premiere with you to drink. I think the more you get your Protein & Water in the more energy you will have! I'm trying to push myself more in my walking, finally reached 45min.

@@Mogwaicat I will be careful Thank-You! It sounds like you are craving some mexican food! How about some lowfat refried Beans with some cheese & picante sauce, it may help the cravings.

@@anewme2015 Your great too!!! As you know my weight loss has been a little slower & I stayed away from the evil scale!! Our body holds on to so much Water etc. that it fluctuates so. If your weighing every day stop & only weigh 1 x a week. Are you able to do some walking? I don't understand the math either, but my body never would loose like other's, it goes into starvation so easy. Slow weight loss is good, you will see it coming off soon & you have a good attitude to get through this!!! Glad your here to go through this with!!

@@L.Harmony Welcome to our family of October surgery's were like one big family going through this together! As you can see we all have our ups & down's & support each other when we need it!!! Let us know how you are doing in your journey!