Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

@@anewme2015 I've been putting Miralax in my Water daily to keep things moving.

@@Mogwaicat The scale is not my friend right now, my weight is still coming off slow, & so many are making such good progress I was getting discouraged, so now I stay away until the Dr. appointment & hopefully I will be surprised. I did notice my bras are looser of course the boobs 1st ;-( & my jeans were a little looser for the 1st time. I'am also starting to walk a little farther. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us!!!

@@anewme2015 you sound like you are coming along nicely. I had cottage cheese today and loved it. It is interesting how are taste change. I am not feeling yogurt right now.

I Don't go back to work until the 16th. We went to the mall today and man I am feeling it. I still have so much soreness and discomfort. I wore jeans and the button hits my belly button incision OMG it hurt. My jeans are loose thought.

We went to Red Lobster. I got. 5oz Salmon with mashed potatoes and brocolli. I ate about 2oz of salmon a few bites of potatoes and 1 brocolli spear. I shared my plate with my 17 month old and my husband always eats my food lol. The biscuits OMG looked good but honestly I do not even feel tempted. I am still not getting 3 meals a day. It is just hard.

had a little cry/frustrated moment. Hubs was making burgers in the kitchen [ i have been avoiding the kitchen and just keeping busy for the most part right now because I just don't want to think about textures and how i have only been on liquid for almost 2 weeks.] and i said " o that smells good ! i am glad you are making yourself something you want to eat" and he said " yea i noticed i have not been wanting to eat or cook because i cant really do it with you right now and that is my favorite part about eating or cooking." UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH made me cry...i got so frustrated and i still kinda am, and i know its silly...but its not easy and so many people think it is. sorry for the rant every one i just needed to vent it out.

had a little cry/frustrated moment. Hubs was making burgers in the kitchen [ i have been avoiding the kitchen and just keeping busy for the most part right now because I just don't want to think about textures and how i have only been on liquid for almost 2 weeks.] and i said " o that smells good ! i am glad you are making yourself something you want to eat" and he said " yea i noticed i have not been wanting to eat or cook because i cant really do it with you right now and that is my favorite part about eating or cooking." UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH made me cry...i got so frustrated and i still kinda am, and i know its silly...but its not easy and so many people think it is. sorry for the rant every one i just needed to vent it out.

It is hard! That was so very sweet of your husband! Hang in there we will eat again. I just keep telling myself this is temporary!

It is hard! That was so very sweet of your husband! Hang in there we will eat again. I just keep telling myself this is temporary!

Thank you, its is hard to really think about how this is just the first stages when we live our lives day to day and to not live in the moment for some people is really not easy so it can become overwhelming. food is not everything! lol we are told to understand this and then in the first parts of recovery it consumes your world. not on a " O i have to eat this or that" but even just in the fact that we HAVE To get in our liquids and we HAVE to get in our protrien and we HAVE to make sure we have some carloies coming in or we stall..things like that it just become such a BIG part of life day to day. and a lot of us cant even manage to get in what we need to. SO HANG IN THERE EVERYONE YOU'RE AMAZING AND YOU ARE DOING GOOD. YOU ARE. :-)

Edited by Cali_Angel

[quote name="Cali_Angel" post="4000370"

How do you get your B12 shot? and does it hurt? like burning or anything?

I have a prescription for it. I take the vials to my Dr and she administers the injection. It just eliminates another pill I have to remember and because it's an injection it's not limited by our malabsorption from the bypass.

The needle isn't bad at all. I didn't feel the injection but after she sorta massaged it in and that hurt a bit like a sting. Really not bad at all.

Hope this helps!

I started puréed foods on Wednesday. Since then I've tried puréed tuna with a tiny bit of low fat mayo, cottage cheese (yuck), chicken breast w/chicken broth, one soft boiled egg, and a low sodium low fat bean soup- all of which were blended into a thick baby food consistency paste. I even tried some baby food. I have a cupboard full. I won't do that again! Lol

I've been able to up my portions from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup so I'm happy about that. Dr says I'm not getting in enough calories and eating more will help me lose weight faster.

I'm always low on the Protein because I can still only stomach one Premier Protein drink. I add ice cubes and Water and blend it so it's not so sweet and thick. And I'm always low on water.

I am having bowel movements every 5 days and it seems this is only because on the 5th day my Dr said to take a Senekot if I haven't gone. Is anyone else experiencing such infrequent bowel movements?

I dropped 18lb pre-op for a total of 35lbs as of today, but it's been slowing down lately. Apparently this is normal when you initially switch into the next stage and eventually it all evens out.

I'm still napping here and there. I had my first B12 injection yesterday (I'll have them once a month) so I'm hoping that will move things along too.

It's great to see we are all having similar experiences and stalling together and moving forward.

Keep posting here. I so don't want this thread to die! Lol

I agree, let's keep our group going!

Just a quick note in this thread to update. I had my surgery on Oct 26 as scheduled, but just like the first time, the surgeon could not make my intestine reach close enough to my stomach to do it with tension (although he said it was much much closer due to the weight loss on the month of liquid diet I'd done). I woke up with the gastric sleeve, a big disappointment to me but I'm making the best of it. Have lost 11 lbs since surgery and have had no pain or nausea since I left the hospital. Just hope I can avoid eating the things which got me up to this weight in the first place, without the threat of dumping. Best of luck to you all!

@@drmeow Thank-You for the update! I know you are disappointed but a lot of people have been very successful with the sleeve, so I think you will be too!! Your off to a good start with no pain or nausea so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to stay on course!!!

Today and yesterday I have been starving and I can't seem to get full. I had surgery Oct 15 and I don't remember finding my full point. I just stop eating after a few minutes. I'm supposed to get 68 Protein and 64 Water. That hasn't happened the last couple of days. Oh yeah, only allowed 600 calories a day. Today I'm making potato salad only using cauliflower. I also made chicken chilli yesterday so will have that tonight. I'm guessing not enough protein. The scale seemed stuck the last week and went up 3 pounds. Guessing it was from water. Today it went down 2 pounds. I'm really second guessing this new tool I've gained. SMH

Today and yesterday I have been starving and I can't seem to get full. I had surgery Oct 15 and I don't remember finding my full point. I just stop eating after a few minutes. I'm supposed to get 68 Protein and 64 Water. That hasn't happened the last couple of days. Oh yeah, only allowed 600 calories a day. Today I'm making potato salad only using cauliflower. I also made chicken chilli yesterday so will have that tonight. I'm guessing not enough Protein. The scale seemed stuck the last week and went up 3 pounds. Guessing it was from Water. Today it went down 2 pounds. I'm really second guessing this new tool I've gained. SMH

I was the same way...im 19days post ...nothing made me full......3 days ago i ate chili n finally felt my full moment

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

@@irishaggie I go once about 6 to 7 days then I have to drink miralax for a couple of days to get things going. I know I don't get enough Water or Protein so I'm drinking a cinnamon roll shake with 30 grams of protein hoping that helps with the hunger. I know I need to walk more and need to get out daily. I'm stuck in a rut and it's lasted for a while. I'm feeling like a big failure, and I have been telling myself "I can't even do this right"

Today and yesterday I have been starving and I can't seem to get full. I had surgery Oct 15 and I don't remember finding my full point. I just stop eating after a few minutes. I'm supposed to get 68 Protein and 64 Water. That hasn't happened the last couple of days. Oh yeah, only allowed 600 calories a day. Today I'm making potato salad only using cauliflower. I also made chicken chilli yesterday so will have that tonight. I'm guessing not enough protein. The scale seemed stuck the last week and went up 3 pounds. Guessing it was from water. Today it went down 2 pounds. I'm really second guessing this new tool I've gained. SMH

I can't seem to eat or drink enough because I ALWAYS feel full. I have yet to met my required water and protein a day. I think that's why I'm so tired, I mean so so so tired. I can eat a cheesestick and be on the verge of wanting to get sixk.

@kvoneye hey, don't beat yourself up! You're not that far out of surgery and they say it takes several months to fully recover from such a major surgery!

I'm rather relieved to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't feel full much. Today, though, I made tuna salad (tuna, mayo, dill relish) and ate 1/4 cup and that did fill me up and stayed with me for several hours. Those shakes are great for the Protein but they do run through you pretty quickly and leave you feeling hungry.

My doctor is OK with me walking but said he doesn't want me to push it, and definitely should not be working out hard or lifting weights yet. I have not done anything more than walk my dog, although I have been back at work all last week and do some walking there. I have a fitbit and average about 5000 steps right now and that's really all I can handle.

If you think about your body trying to repair itself, AND doing it on 500-600 cal per day, when before you might have been eating 2000 cal/day or more, you can understand why you still need a lot of rest.