Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

I'm 15 days post op, I'm curious has anyone tried watermelon around my time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Good question, I haven't tried it, but I know it has a lot of sugar in it but not sure if that would bother us!

Thank you so very much! I'm very excited to be on the other side!!!

Well it can't be almost the 28th!!

Best of luck tomorrow! We will be praying for a good outcome!

@@Tina1969

@@ImBringingLisaBack RNY

OOF! I didn't think I'd run into dumping so soon. Supposed to transition to full liquids and Protein Shakes. Two sips of a Premier Protein shake and BOOM, shakey, nauseous and racing heart. Apparently lactose is no longer my friend, there's only 5g sugar in the 11oz pre-made shake.

Good luck tomorrow. It's all surreal but goes pretty smoothly. My surgery was yesterday. It's takes courage and you'll be amazed that you actually went thru with it.

OOF! I didn't think I'd run into dumping so soon. Supposed to transition to full liquids and Protein Shakes. Two sips of a Premier Protein shake and BOOM, shakey, nauseous and racing heart. Apparently lactose is no longer my friend, there's only 5g sugar in the 11oz pre-made shake.

My doctor said to wait 2 weeks to try the premier shakes, so you might try again later on. He only wanted me to use the bariatric shakes like Unjury those 1st 2 weeks, probably because of the sugar.

Surgery is in 1 day now. Nervous!

You will do great!!! Excited for you & you will look back & be so glad you did it! Today is 3 weeks for me! And still very glad!

Hello all! Surgery was Tuesday, had a rough 2 days but woke up today with hardly any pain! Getting discharged today (yay) can't wait to recover in my bed without nurses poking me every 5 mins lol. My surgeon has been by to see me she said surgery went great. Can't believe I actually went thru with it!

I'm 15 days post op, I'm curious has anyone tried watermelon around my time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about what you are supposes to eat but I know from the booklet we got at least I am not supposed to have fruit for the first year as it has to much sugar and can stall wait loss and stop ketogenisis

OOF! I didn't think I'd run into dumping so soon. Supposed to transition to full liquids and Protein Shakes. Two sips of a Premier Protein shake and BOOM, shakey, nauseous and racing heart. Apparently lactose is no longer my friend, there's only 5g sugar in the 11oz pre-made shake.< /p>

My doctor said to wait 2 weeks to try the premier shakes, so you might try again later on. He only wanted me to use the bariatric shakes like unjury those 1st 2 weeks, probably because of the sugar.
That's probably the case. I have other Protein options, it just threw me for a loop how quickly I felt sick! Otherwise I'm ok, I can get the Water in without too much trouble.

Hello all! Surgery was Tuesday, had a rough 2 days but woke up today with hardly any pain! Getting discharged today (yay) can't wait to recover in my bed without nurses poking me every 5 mins lol. My surgeon has been by to see me she said surgery went great. Can't believe I actually went thru with it!

Hello TyTy! Glad you are better today! It's so much better at home for some rest!! I still think sometimes did they actually do anything! But still no hunger & if I hadn't had it with as little as I'm eating I would be starving!!!

Well here we are at the last of our Surgery Pals for October going in tomorrow! Wishing you all very good outcomes!!! I hope it turns out as successful as mine with limited pain!

Oct. 30

@@ZoeJane

@@scubav85

Its hard to believe how fast this month has flown by!!! Wishing you all the best you can be during this journey together!!

Sending prayers to @@395Ron that he heals from his complications! And anyone else who may be struggling with there post op!!!

Pre and Post Ops! If you have not already discovered The World According To Eggface, a Bariatric Eating online blog, check it out! Her recipes and product suggestions have helped me so much!

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1445901478.795442.jpg

I will have to check it out! I noticed you do a ricotta bake, its probably the same one I do! One of the first things I made when I could eat soft foods! I made homemade chili a couple of days ago, my normal recipe except leaner beef & no sausage. Ate 1/2 cups of it & had no problem! I do add a lot of Beans to it. Tasted so good!!!

@@60&goin4it - Please share your chili recipe! :)

Not sure how good this is for all bariatric patients but I seemed to manage it 11 days out! Small dime size bites, chew chew chew, & slow! Its my own recipe & has a lot of ingredients.

Terri's Chili Double batch Use large Pot

3 lbs. lean ground beef browned & drained well, set a side.

In a large stock pot add 3-4 TBLS. olive oil, I use Baklouti Green Chili Pepper flavored olive oil.

Mix seasoning together in small bowl:

3 Heaping TBLS Chili powder

1 TBLS Brown sugar

2 1/4 tsp. Cumin

1/2 tsp. Chipolte ground pepper or red pepper, I prefer the chipolte (can use more if you like spicy but start with this 1st.)

1 heaping tsp. Oregano

1 tsp. each salt, pepper, paprika

2 tsp. cocoa powder (opt.)

Saute in olive oil for a couple of min. do not let burn

Add to pot

2 large Onions chopped

1 Red or green bell pepper chopped

3 large cloves of garlic chopped

Saute in seasoning till tender

Add to pot

1 28oz can crushed tomatoes

1 14oz can diced tomatoes & green chilies

1 14oz can diced tomatoes (Plain, Italian or a 10oz can of rotel if you like spicy)

1 can beef broth

2 cans Mexican style or spicy chili Beans not drained

2 cans Dark Red Kidney beans Rinsed & Drained

1 can Black Beans Rinsed & Drained

3 TBLS Red Wine Vinegar (don't leave out)

1 TBLS Worcestershire Sauce

Mix Well

Add browned ground beef

Mix Well

Cook on low-med Stirring occasionally 3 hrs. May add some Water if gets too thick.

I make mine the day before. Just let cool & refrig. Freeze's Well, thats why a double batch, I freeze in containers enough for my husband & I each a serving.

Enjoy

Holy cow, that is a lot of ingredients and I can not wait to make it! Thanks so much for sharing, this sounds delicious, @@60&goin4it :)