Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Wow we have no one scheduled for tomorrow!

My preop was today. I am getting closer. Tomorrow is day 10 of preop diet!!!

Well I figured out what my pain was yesterday afternoon & it happened this afternoon after not having hardly any pain, It was an esophageal spasm. A tightness with marked pain in the upper abdomen & lower chest, just below the breast bone. This is like a cramp in the calf & can really hurt. The pain can last an hour or even up to a day. The pain does not radiate to the arm. Esophageal spasm is not dangerous & goes away spontaneously. There is little you can do about it but try to relax, according to my doctor. So mystery pain solved.

@@sleevemylife Taking smaller sips help with the nausea, I tried Jello today for the 1st time & it filled me up too quick. Try some gas x strips, they helped me a little bit & walking. I only walk for about 5-10min. every hour for 12 hrs then rest.

@@whoahbabyy I got sick after surgery with my first sips of Protein Drink & Water but it seemed to be worse with the Protein so I would drink my water 1st. It gets better everyday! glad your surgery went well!

@ I know I have been adding names everyday & looked on the schedule & thought wow a break ! :-) Good luck on pre-op, everyone is different, I didn't have much problem. Getting closer for you!!!

Edited by 60&goin4it

Mine is October 26th!! So excited AND nervous!

Had surgery yesterday at 1pm. Slept good. I still have gas in both shoulders and neck. Walk abt 5 min this morning. Been sipping a lot of Water. No Protein of any kind yet. Got catheter out this morning also. Left hand still numb in placed and liquid pain meds are horrible.

Mine is October 26th!! So excited AND nervous!

Same here!

@@kvoneye hopefully as the day goes on you will feel a little better, praying that the left hand gets better haven't heard of that happening.

@ Welcome & I got you added!

Surgery scheduled for October 27th! So happy and excited!!

@@sleevemylife They actually said to leave them alone & not to wash them or put anything on them. I cant

take a bath but I can shower with the Water & soap running over them but no washing or drying them off, only with easy pats. How are you feeling?

@@TyTy120 Welcome! I added you to our list!

Edited by 60&goin4it

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but yesterday wasn't a good day.day.Between gas pain and stomach spasms I want up to much of nothing. Still have gas pain but the spasms have go. Dr said sipping too fast will cause spasms. So sip slowly.

@@60&goin4it yeah that's what they told me also. I feel more relieved knowing they told you the same. I was just scared to move too fast or do something that'll harm my incisions. I'm doing alot better, nomore nausea at all. Trying to get the most Water I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My surgery went very well. I had a rough day yesterday (the day after surgery) but everyday is a better day. The gas pains are the worst. If I can manage the gas pains, I wouldn't have any complaints. Haven't taken any pain meds since being released from the hospital yesterday because my nurse said it might slow up my bowel. So I've been handling it. Not really much pain (again aside from gas). Glad everyone is doing good. I couldn't post for the past 2 days because I was weak and focused on trying to get the liquids in. It's tough but that too gets better. Thanks again for everyone's support. Couldn't have done it without you all!!

@@WillieBradley Glad everything went well, the gas pains was the worse for me Too but hey have gotten better!

@@sweettooth2015 I bet you are ready!!!! Best of luck to you! Can't wait to hear how you do when you are on the healing side with us!!!

Best of luck to our October 19th Surgery Pals! Praying for the best of outcomes for you!!!

@TristanNicole & @sweettooth2015 & @anewme2015 & @ ASUgrad & @quiltermom65 & @rebirth1029 & @miiasan & @sorrynomore & @Miracle