Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know! But he wants me to lose 10% of my body weight first! I think the next four weeks may be the hardest of this whole thing!

I will be thinking of you!!! I have 2 weeks of a liquid diet starting 11/2. I am literally praying for the will power to hang in there. Have you found a Protein Drink that you like?

My surgery date is November 16 th!! Good luck everyone..

That's my date as well. Do you have to do the 2 week diet before? I am getting so anxious.

Nov. 19! I'm so excited... Start liquids Oct. 22!

Wow. 4 weeks of liquids prior to surgery??
I start my liquid diet on 11/2.. It feels like time is flying by. Wow do you have to start your liquid diet so early?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

My3son872, we are same date across the board.

I am 38, 5'4". Highest weight was 265. I'm currently at 250.

I know! But he wants me to lose 10% of my body weight first! I think the next four weeks may be the hardest of this whole thing!

you can do it! While my liquid diet does not start officially for another week OCT 27th. I have been on a 2x Protein Shake (Breakfast / Lunch) and lean dinner diet consistently for the past month or so including weekends. I took this steps to help ease me into the official liquid stage coming up and subsequently post-procedure as well. Is it difficult yes, but you can do it.. PM me or reply if you need encouragement or ideas.

My sleeve date is Nov 11th.. fast approaching. :)

Congratulations! I just got my date of November 5th! I'm so nervous and excited ... I tried to start a forum but so far no luck on comments back is there something I'm missing? .......... does anyone know if teas are allowed the first couple weeks after surgery?

I have the same date too!

Mine is November 10th in Illinois. I start my pre-surgery diet on the 27th.

I am also Nov 10 Illinois.. In Hoffman Estates.... Where r u? :)

For you Illinois people, anyone going to Silver Cross Hospital? Did you get weighed in at the 4 hour nutritional class?

My date is 11/2. liquid diet starts tomorrow!

Is anyone else a little overwhelmed with all the different types/brands of protien shakes/powder for after surgery? I don't know where to start!

My date is 11/2. liquid diet starts tomorrow!

Is anyone else a little overwhelmed with all the different types/brands of protien shakes/powder for after surgery? I don't know where to start!

I prefer the Premier Protein. I have the powder and it's a pain. The powder tastes best if you put it in a blender however I heard that you shouldn't use the blender because of the air will give you gas pains. I'm definitely going to go with premier Protein for the convenance and can just grab and go. I went to BJ's yesterday and a case was 18.99.

I also like the Premier brand. I use the RTD flavors and the vanilla powder to make my own smoothies. I have also ordered Unjury chicken Soup flavored and unflavored Protein Powder for the clear liquid phase after surgery. Love the chicken soup flavored. I mix the powder with a bit of warm tap Water to create a slurry and then add that to hot water to prevent clumping.

Edited by Txbariatricguy

Thanks everyone! I'll order some premier to start with.

Hello, Fellow November Sleevers. My surgery is set for November 3rd. Already on the Pre-Op diet as the hospital I am having surgery at wants my BMI below 55 before surgery. The first couple of days of the diet were a little tough, but I adjusted quickly and I've lost over 10 lbs in the first week (my scale). Going for my first weigh-in this morning.

My surgery is to be done by Dr. John Coon at Parkview Hospital in Riverside, CA.

Getting pretty excited about this!!!

Hello, Fellow November Sleevers. My surgery is set for November 3rd. Already on the Pre-Op diet as the hospital I am having surgery at wants my BMI below 55 before surgery. The first couple of days of the diet were a little tough, but I adjusted quickly and I've lost over 10 lbs in the first week (my scale). Going for my first weigh-in this morning.

My surgery is to be done by Dr. John Coon at Parkview Hospital in Riverside, CA.

Getting pretty excited about this!!!

My surgery is Nov 3rd also. Good luck!