Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quest Bars - Soluble Corn Fiber

Oh my...I love my Quest bars. They do satisfy my sweet tooth. But like you, in the past month or so I almost can't be in the same room with myself. Please don't be from my Quest bars!!!

Guess I'll stop having them for a bit to see if things improve. Sigh.

Yeah, I was both relieved and disappointed to discover this was the source of the problem. Relieved because I was literally about to schedule a doctor's appointment it was so bad! But disappointed because now I have to search for another Protein bar option I can tolerate. I *really* loved my Quest Bars!

Does anyone know if this is going to be used in all the flavours?

Oh, now I am depressed. I only have 4 bars left, checked the ingredients and they are the previous Fiber ingredients. I was going to buy another box this week. Do I dare try the new soluble corn fiber ones? Maybe I can still find a box with the old formula, if not I guess I will buy One Bar and try it to see how my body reacts. Thanks, @JamieLogical for the alert.

It is. I found a press release about it in my searching last week. But now I can't find it again. It started with any NEW flavors they were making (the first was S'mores), but now they are going back and converting all the old flavors.

Here's the blog post on the Quest Nutrition site about why they claim to have made the switch:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/our-latest-innovation-soluble-corn-fiber/

It is. I found a press release about it in my searching last week. But now I can't find it again. It started with any NEW flavors they were making (the first was S'mores), but now they are going back and converting all the old flavors.

Well thats a downer for sure :(

It's definitely going to be in all be new ones and has been in the S'mores and chocolate Mint since they introduced them.

After researching both types of Fiber I am actually thinking I like the change in theory... But I have yet to try one to see if it agrees with me. Sorry it didn't with you!

And yeah @@CowgirlJane is right they can be a trigger for many, but I successfully used them throughout my losing phase and use them in maintenance now.

@@jess9395 Yeah. Clearly the change won't have a physical effect on everyone. Some people's bodies tolerate some things better than others. Like, the chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars have always had Erythritol in them and some people have digestive issues with that. It was never a problem for me. Just bad luck for me that they decided to make this change and soluble corn fiber seems to be something my body can't handle.

@@JamieLogical If you could STOP trying to ruin my life that would be great! :)

Ha! The good news is, not everyone has an adverse reaction to the soluble corn fiber, so you might be fine!

Thank you for the heads up. I love these bars and haven't had any issues with them. I just bought one yesterday and ate it for Breakfast this morning and haven't had any issues yet. Lets hope for the best

I knew of the change and have been so sad.....but I did not connect the dots to figure out why my gas has been so horrible!! So sad. :-(

For several weeks now, I've been trying a variety of the Quest bar flavors. I had not paid much attention to the ingredients label until I read this post. My most recent order of bars does have the soluble corn fiber, but I can't say I've noticed any difference digestively :) That being said, because I read the ingredients label today, I see that these bars also have Stevia in them, and not just sucralose. I've never had any problems with sucralose and am a fan, but have had problems in the past when using Stevia as a sweetener. Could it be that for some people it's the Stevia that's causing the problems? Just wondering out loud.

@@MrsSugarbabe There are a variety of ingredients in Quest Bars that may or may not sit well with certain people. Some of the flavors use Erythritol, a sugar alcohol that has been known to cause diarrhea and bloating in some people. Some use artificial sweeteners including Stevia and Sucralose, which many people have issues with. For me, none of those ingredients had caused any problems. I've been eating the chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars for almost a year now. It was just the switch over from IMO to soluble corn fiber that started causing me problems. I imagine it will be just fine for a lot of people. I know that for many people, the S'mores flavor has been their favorite and that's one that's been using soluble corn fiber since the beginning.

sure enough, checked my smores Quest bars and they have the corn fiber but my box of Cookies and cream doesn't. Thankfully I have only one smores bar left. Quest bars are the only ones that taste good to me.