Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cant believe how , my shoping aholic tendencies have stopped like most of the food I try to eat...lol I have so many clothes right now and maybe 2 sizes smaller. I have lost 28 pounds total now and have no no no desire to buy anything. My pants are big but Im wearing a belt. I think I bought so many clothes this past 2 years because I was feeling they could help me feel better when I was feeling so crappy with my weight. I need to wear all these things until they all literally fall off of me. :blush: :blush: It will be weird to shop at normal woman's clothing stores, that kind of scares me a little.

UPDATE!

I started at a size 28, squeezing into at, at that, and I just bought jeans in a size....wait for it.....

EIGHTEEN!

Okay, technically I bought jeggings in size 18, can squeeze into a size 20, and am wearing a size 22 that is loose, BUT a size 18!? That's insane, even if they are jeggings.

I spent $13 on the jeans and $24 on the jeggings at Forever 21....the 24 is more than I wanted to spend per pair BUT since they're a size 18 and stretchy, I'm hoping they'll last a while.

I also bought the size 22 pair at Kohl's (only after a huge discount).

I had to go into stores to figure out what size I was, and when I did, the prices were pretty comparable to online sites, so I just did it in-person.

Huge NSV to not have to buy my jeans online and to be able to try them on in a dressing room, shop with my best friend, and get excited about that PERFECT fit. Plus, now that I can fit into Forever 21's plus size jeans, I'm just going to keep buying those $13 pairs until I don't have to anymore....you can't really beat $13 for jeans.

Buying new clothes that fit makes me feel great. I'm down to the regular sizes now and often buy from Old Navy because the price is right during this size transition. They always have a sale. I bought a good quality pair of jeans for $15 - can't beat that.

So my ThredUp mail in kit arrived today. I went to their calculator website to see what kind of payouts I could expect.

https://www.thredup.com/cleanout/brands

The payouts are terrible. Even for the Isabel Toledo stuff. Most of the european brands I have they don't even accept. I would rather just give this stuff to goodwill than try to sell it on ThredUp. I might try to sell the jeans on eBay depending on my mood, but ThedUP is a no go.

post-255228-0-10500100-1443840032_thumb.png

So my ThredUp mail in kit arrived today. I went to their calculator website to see what kind of payouts I could expect.

The payouts are terrible. Even for the Isabel Toledo stuff. Most of the european brands I have they don't even accept. I would rather just give this stuff to goodwill than try to sell it on ThredUp. I might try to sell the jeans on eBay depending on my mood, but ThedUP is a no go.

Wow those payouts look horrible! Have you tried PoshMark? Prices looked better than ThredUp and the sellers seemed to have more autonomy, but I've never bought or sold there. Those clothes look really nice! You should definitely get more than that for them!

Those aren't my clothes. They are their example payouts. Most jeans have a $.80 to $2 payout. These are $60-80 jeans. I just feel better giving them away. Less hassle for me.

It works for me because I was just taking it to goodwill before. And this way I use it to get credit towards stuff in their store

Hi sometimes Facebook has sites depending on your location so people can post pictures of clothes to sale. I started buying clothes when all my clothes fell off lol I really didn't want to buy so much stuff.

I bought clothes at Goodwill and Walmart at first. I buy some better items at Kohls when I need to but only on sale and with at least 20% off. You need to buy new clothes so you aren't fighting to keep on the ones you wearing. It also makes it easier to see the weight loss.

Resale, resale, resale! I have gone from 24s to 12s. Every couple of weeks, drawers emptied, "new" clothes in.

I only bought clothes when I needed them for events or trips, I bought jeggings because they stretch so I always bought a size smaller and wore some of my old tops as much as possible I really don't buy much now either and I'm a year post op. I am too busy selling off my old ones on PoshMark.

Edited by MzGee

If you have a Savers near you, they carry plus sizes. I buy stuff at Goodwill/consignment, and I haunt the sales racks. You say you are in New England. If you are in Massachusetts, there's a Talbots Clearance store in Woburn. They have good plus sized work clothes.

I have to dress nicely where I work, so I did that plus size "clothes rental" site Gywnnie Bee until I shrank out of them. It was fun because I could try styles of clothes that I would never think of buying and most of the stuff was really nice and people thought I had an unlimited closet. I think it was like $100 for 4 pieces at a time. It was kind of a lot to spend, but who wants to look like a frump when you are working so hard to lose?