Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery 5 yrs ago but never had a fill. Is it too late?

Hello, first time posting here. Had lap band surgery with Dr. George Fielding in January, 2010. Over the course of the first year I lost 100 pounds without having a single fill. I stopped seeing him regularly and have now gained nearly all the weight back and want to know if it's too late for me to go back to him and start getting fills. I know it was foolish and arrogant to think I'd be able to do this on my own. I should add that the lap band as is does make me eat more slowly and I will occasionally throw up if eating doughy things at too fast a clip.

Any advice appreciated!!!!

Sure, I'd go back and see the Dr. It wouldn't hurt, and it is always prudent to have the band checked every year anyway (for placement, pouch dialation, etc).

Definitely. That's the beauty of the band. You can always adjust! Just don't go on a Monday to his office. The place is crazy!!! You want to get him when he's not so busy. Actually it's hard to see him. I have seen Dr Schwak but I heard Dr Ren is amazing and patient so maybe if you can't see Fielding you can see Ren.

Yes, call for an appoitnment

. It is never too late, as the others said, that is the greatness of the the lapband

Dr. Ren is my surgeon. I can't imagine any issues as all. Make that appointment and come to our F2F support group on October 17th if you can. PM me for location and other details if you're interested.

By the way, I am banded almost three years with no fills. I still see Dr. Ren regularly and post here regularly as well. Keeps me honest and on track. All of us...or almost all of us could be in your shoes. No shame in that.

I agree with the others but I'd add that if the Dr has a staff bariatric knowledgeable nutritionist, ask for a consult to make sure you're eating the right foods, in the advised allocations?

tmf

I was banded a three years ago and got pregnant right away. I never did get s fill. I finally made my appointment last Thursday. Got my first fill. I feel very restricted but able to take fluids so I am leaving it. Down 6# in less than a week. Make an appointment it's never too late.

Edited by lace131