Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Cooker Recipes

Oh my gosh this all sounds so good! I am getting out my crockpot this weekend!! Keep 'em coming! I don't have a good suggestion except I have made one similar to @@Cervidae except lots of lime juice instead of red wine vinegar. Yummy! And the broth afterwards is very good too! I didn't like mine when I made it with thighs because of the fat left in the broth, but that's just me....

Boneless chicken, 2-3 breasts or 4-5 thighs.

1 large can of pinto Beans

can of corn

can of Rotel (your choice of heat)

jar of your favorite salsa

Dump it all in and cook for 8-10 hours on low.

Serve with sour cream, salsa and tortilla chips (for the family)

If you are in a hurry, use canned chicken (rinsed) and it will cook in 4-6 hours.

Another device option I am just learning to use, but LOVE is my NuWave oven. It can cook FROZEN food so quickly, in about the same time as thawed food. Just made a FROZEN, 4.5lb bone-in turkey breast this weekend, only 15 minutes per pound, to juicy perfection (sounds like an advertisement, but it is TRUE!!!). I've done beef roasts, prime rib in it, as well, absolutely awesome.

It is great when I forget to get the meat out of the freezer in time to thaw, because now I don't need to thaw it at all. Got it off of QVC, as well.

Love my electric pressure cooker, too. For those cheaper, tougher cuts of meat (chuck roasts), you can't beat it. Divine ribs, chicken. And it is so fast.

These things DO take up space, but I find them well worth the space they take, and the initial cost ($) of them, as I find I am not wasting money on poorly cooked food anymore.

LOVE all of your suggestions!!!!

I use my crock pot 3-4 days a week. I make everything in it! chicken, beef, turkey, pork...whatever! I don't really do recipes. I just grab Protein, veggies and flavor. Don't be a afraid to be creative with your crock pot!

Oh I forgot to mention beans! Beans are a wonderful addition to any dish.

I make turkey chili alot in my crock pot. 1 pound ground turkey 3 cans of Beans red kidney beans black beans and pinto beans a can of corn and 3 large tomatoes chopped and diced. Then and McCormick chili seasoning mix to taste cook on medium for 6 hours

Inner Surfer Girl,

Hey, good for you for breaking out that slow cooker! I bet a lot more of us (more than we care to admit) depend too much on others and should be cooking for ourselves a little more. Thanks for sharing your idea and starting this thread.

Cervidae: sounds good!

I finally learned to cook in the past year or 2, partly due to a small remodeled kitchen, (its clean ! And organized !), and the rest I owe to Pinterest ! ( Get on Pinterest if you can , It's my addiction ! ) Here are some favorite crockpot recipes----------Cheesy crockpot Torellini -by Belle of the Kitchen, Honey garlic crockpot meatballs by Family fresh meals, Mongolian Beef by Wanna bite, Crockpot ribs with Coco cola (my favorite) and hubbys favorite, Stuffed crockpot peppers by Recipe Critic. Enjoy !

My old Crockpot slow cooker finally stopped working about two years ago after nearly 28 years of faithful service! It was my first "grown-up" purchase after moving out of my parent's house at the age of 19. I bought a 3-in-1 to replace it, and I love the thing. The slow cooker has always had a lot of use with me: through winter for making Soups, but year-round also for stews, braises, casseroles etc. I tend to just make it up as I go along, so don't really have any recipes...just chuck in whatever is in the fridge and hope for the best!

My old Crockpot slow cooker finally stopped working about two years ago after nearly 28 years of faithful service! It was my first "grown-up" purchase after moving out of my parent's house at the age of 19. I bought a 3-in-1 to replace it, and I love the thing. The slow cooker has always had a lot of use with me: through winter for making Soups, but year-round also for stews, braises, casseroles etc. I tend to just make it up as I go along, so don't really have any recipes...just chuck in whatever is in the fridge and hope for the best!

I'm the same way. I've never really used recipes just use what I have to make a delicious meal.

I am a HUGE slow cooker fan, and I've got TONS of recipes including many for diabetics which would suit those of us who are post-op very well. I can post some if you tell me what you're interested in.

Yeah!

I am a HUGE slow cooker fan, and I've got TONS of recipes including many for diabetics which would suit those of us who are post-op very well. I can post some if you tell me what you're interested in.

I love chicken breast!! Not a big red meat fan...occasional pot roast is tasty but I'd love some chicken recipes! Thank you so much!!!

I have soooo many chicken recipes. I'll name some and you can tell me what sounds interesting to you.

Creamy Nutmeg chicken

Maui Chicken

California Chicken

Dad's Spicy Chicken Curry

Chicken and Rice Casserole

Scalloped Chicken

Chicken in Mushroom Gravy

Mushroom Chicken in Sour Cream Sauce

Chicken Azteca

Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice

Savory Slow-Cooker Chicken

Frances' Roast Chicken

Chicken in wine

Chicken and Vegetables

Autumn Chicken and veggies

Orange Chicken Leg Quarters

Coq au Vin

Braised Chicken with Summer Tomatoes

Chicken Cacciatore

Chicken and Sausage Cacciatore

Lemon Garlic Chicken

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken and Seafood Gumbo

BBQ Chicken

Szechuan Style Chicken and Broccoli

Chicken Casablanca

Greek Chicken

Chicken Creole

Mulligan Stew

Chicken Stew with Dumplings

Chicken and Stuffing

Creamy Pesto And Sun Dried Tomato Chicken

Also, here's a bunch of chicken recipes at the Crock Pot's own website...

http://www.crock-pot.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-crock-pot-Site/default/Recipes-Search?q=Chicken