Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1mth post body lift question

Im a little over a mth post op a full body lift. I was doing awsome. I did alittle of everything. And then my menstrual cycle came and its hell!!! I feel bloaded or swollen from my belly button down. I feel like it super tight and streched out. It kinda feels like im carrying weight in that area. And my lower back is killing me... never had this before. Is this normal ???

post-175187-14430104639523_thumb.jpg

Here is what i observed from LBL - it took me awhile to get used to the numbness near the incision line. I had some swelling post op and it often felt way huger then it really was. It felt that way I think because of the numbness. I have no idea about the low back pain - that seems unrelated to the LBL to me. If it doesn't go away soon, you might want to check into it with your surgeon or doctor.

I had never felt the heavey ness in the front part. If it doesnt go away in the next couple days i am going to call my doc. I have been walking more so im thinking maybe that can cause more swelling as well..

I still feel swelling on and off, and I'm 9 months out. I think it takes a really long time to recover from this surgery, and maybe you need to listen to your body and slow it down some. Consider using your compression garments for a few days and take it easy until you feel more like yourself again.

I'm 10 weeks out LBL. My dr told me no cardio until 8 weeks and keep on wearing my binder. At 8 weeks bc of 2 small incision issues and popping a belly button stitch, I got grounded again and no cardio.

I go back Monday to see her. I see a big diff in swelling when I'm too active. It's amazing. So I try to be careful. Drink lots of Water, rest and wear the compression garment. I started back on Protein shakes 1-2 daily as well.

You ARE so right!

I had very very low activity for the first 6 weeks. I started exercising again at 8 weeks. By 12 weeks I was back in the saddle.

Compression garments from surgeon for 6 weeks; stage 2 garments on lower body unti several months post op.

Well i guess i was my cycle. It over and im back to normal. Very minimal swelling. Im still taking it easy and always wear my compression garmet.

Hollyr how did u pop a belly buttun stich. Mine came out in 7 days. And it looked pretty closed up.

Hollyr how did u pop a belly buttun stich. Mine came out in 7 days. And it looked pretty closed up.

All of my stitches are the self dissolve kind. I've actually popped 2. One was about 3-4 weeks postop. I raised my arms up to get something and didn't realize how far I stretched. The second was the weekend I was on my feet too long. I swelled but also slept in my bed instead of the recliner. I tried to get up by myself and too fast. Just fluke things. So I still sleep in my recliner most nights. It's something about laying flat I can't do yet. ????

So my belly button is superficially open inside. I've been doing wet to dry dressing and new skin is growing in. She is going to revise my scar later. Not that it bothers me lol.

Oh i see. My doctor said no recliners cause i strech my back to much. And i could run the risk of it opening in the back. Im about 6 weeks out and when i sit to long in the recliner it makes my inisions hurt.

I'm like that w the bed, laying flat in bed pulls on my incision. Plastic surgery post op rules vary by docs just like weight loss surgeries postop rules vary. So long as we all get to the finish line, it's ok if we took different paths.

I do not want to offend anyone, I will post a few "10 weeks" pics.

1. Left Side: I purposely took this to show the minor incision issue I have there. It's almost healed. Very superficial. The backside one is

pinpoint now. I couldn't take a good pic lol.

2. Front view

3. Right Side: the little bump is actually testosterone pellet implant

I totally love the results. This is my body that I was meant to have all of my life.

Holly

post-166479-1443415623754_thumb.jpg

post-166479-14434155715824_thumb.jpg post-166479-14434155924692_thumb.jpg

Edited by hollyr

Looks like your healing pretty good now. And you look awsome. Another question ive noticed alot of people that have that little fold above the belly button. I have it too. Will it.ever go away some days its more noticeable than others. I was thinking maybe cause we are still a bit swollen

Thank you. I'm very happy with the results and overall how it's healing.

It hasn't been easy but I would do it again and do not regret it.

My dr has stressed from day 1 that I have to be careful about wrinkles on my stomach and how they can make it heal that way. I've had a piece of stiff foam that goes from under my breasts to the top of my public bone that I wear under my binder to keep my skin smooth. It's helped so much except for that area above my belly button. Honestly I'm glad to hear it's not just me who has it. If I stand up really straight it's minimal but let's be honest, my posture isn't that good lol.

I see my dr today, I was going to ask her about it anyway. So I'll share what she says.

Looks like your healing pretty good now. And you look awsome. Another question ive noticed alot of people that have that little fold above the belly button. I have it too. Will it.ever go away some days its more noticeable than others. I was thinking maybe cause we are still a bit swollen

Hi,

I wanted to follow up with you about the fold above our belly buttons.

My surgeon told me Monday it is from being a bariatric patient and the loss of skin elasticity. When we shrink as we loose weight our skin sags both vertically and horizontal. When the do the lower body lift, they can pull the skin down to make it smooth and initially it all looks flat bc of the swelling. As we heal the swelling goes down and we see the crease.

People who have a midline incision initially won't see it bc their skin is pulled both was the first time. But that's not a pretty scar.

So I still have a spot on my left side that's healing as well as my belly button. I go back in two weeks. At that visit we are going to schedule my revision to fix that crease. Technically you can wait longer to do it. But while I am still off my Humera and hormones, not to mention I am not able to return to working out/ boxing I told her that we can do it soon. I don't want to resume my normal life, take the time to get back to working out only to stop again in a few months. I know myself well enough to know I won't take the time for the revision later.

While I didn't ask exact details on how she will do this revision she said I will be back to full restriction afterwards. Boo. Monday I was super swollen bc I did too much Sunday. I had cut back on wearing my binder too. But she said until my incision is totally healed I have to wearit. It really does help with swelling. Luckily it's getting cooler out and I can wear sweats. It looks like it will be my garment of choice until 2016. And no working out/ boxing until after the revision heals. Also 2016.

I'm bummed but want this to look good. I paid right at $15 thousand. To me that's a lot of money.

Hope the explanation helps.

Take care!

Holly

I was told about the same thing about the indent above the belly button. He said you can see it cause of the strechyness my skin already has. And that is also where the 2 muscles were tied together. So i proceeded to ask if i was to work at it will i get a 6 pack. He said yes!! But not now. Even though i feel perfect im not. So to wait another 2 month. He said i could ho to the gym but only cardio and not to over do it. He did give me this medication cream thats a compound a pharmacist made up and is supose to work worders with scars. Ive been using it for about 2 weeks now and it look pretty good. I dont wanna get ahead of myself so i wanna wait for the full month to see an actual result.

Its nice to hear your doing better and hope everything turns out good for you.