Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Good to know about the fish oil. Thanks. I'll look for the lemon pills. I'm getting dressed up to go out tonight & I'm back in my fat jeans. I feel so fat & it happened so fast. I looked at some pics of me preband though & I'm not anywhere near that. By dressed up, I mean... make up and earrings. :thumbup:

Hello, all! I am so glad to find this thread, on this site! I was banded on Feb. 18th....and I conceived on Feb. 28th! LOL I am shocked, but we are very, very excited!! I am a type 2 diabetic, so I am now on insulin...which is scary, but necessary, apparently. Anyone have any tips or stories to share on this matter? Apparently my surgeon and nutritionist both warned me that losing 'some weight' can make your fertility go up, but I yes'd them to death and ignored their warnings about back-up contraception. Oh well...I am very happy about it...just surprised!! NEVER thought I could conceive at this point in my life!! Went for an U/S yesterday, and heard the heartbeat....due Dec. 4th, the day before my late mom's birthday....amazing! Any comments or suggestions would be great! Thanks, and congrats to all the beautiful Mommies!!!

weight.png

[/url]

GinaSue - Congratulations!! Welcome to our little preggo gang :biggrin:

I never thought about it but yes, maybe its the breastfeeding thats contributing to the tightness. I forgot what it feels like to get stuck on something! (chicken breast last night, didn't go away till this morning!) I have to remember the band rules again!

Hey GinaSue,

Is this your first one? I feel so fortunate to be 39 and pregnant for the first time. I owe it all to the band. I'm due Nov. 12th. I haven't heard the heartbeat yet, but I saw it twice and my kid waved at me yesterday during the U/S as if to say "hey mom, I'm doing great in here". I've been so scared every day about carrying full term and having a healthy baby (esp. at my age), anybody else worry everyday? I know its in God's hands, so I try not to stress about it. This is just a dream come true!

LisaLu:thumbup:

Hey Jodie and Raynie! You guys still here? Or are you off giving birth!?!? :confused:

Im still here, Im still at a 1 lol! I had a nonstress test done Monday and it came out well. Im having another one tomorrow, and an ultrasound Tuesday to measure the baby. If she hasnt gotten on up there in weight then I will have a baby girl next week :confused: We have been working so hard around the house trying to get it baby ready! Its so exciting to be so close....

IM GETTING INDUCED TUESDAY!! The baby is healthy and fine, but the doctor decided we could go ahead and deliver :)

OMG!!! Is it so weird to know it's just a few days away? Wow! I wish you all the best. I can't wait to see pics of your little bundle!

As for me... all my testing came back normal. No gestational diabetes, no preeclampsia for now. Whew!

I know, its so weird to have an actual countdown for it!! But it also allows for me to mentally prepare myself. Which I really need, plus the hospital Im delivering at is like an hour away, so its probably safer to induce anyways.

P.S. forgot to tell yall, I just found out that Im anemic...weird that it JUST showed up

The baby's name is Fallon Jo :rolleyes2: I cant wait! After tomorrow my life is going to be soooooooo different....for the best :scared2:

My OB had me start on a DHA supplement at about week 12. So far I've been taking Expecta Lipil (made by Enfamil), but it is quite pricey. I asked my OB if it mattered if the DHA came from a fish oil source or not, and she said fish oil is fine. The good news about the fish oil is that there are a few companies that make an orange or lemon flavored capsule, so you don't have to burp up fish nastiness all day. I plan on switching to these when my Lipil is gone:
I can recommend the Nordic Naturals brand, if you're still looking for a fish oil. I added it to my supplements about 2 months ago. I can't take capsules at all, not even the softgels. They will not clear my band, I cannot do pills/capsules/etc AT ALL.

I tried this brand out of desperation - it's carried at an organic market near my work. It's not cheap, but to me it's well worth it. I can drink theirs from the bottle, no fish taste at all, just a light hint of lemon. It's the only one I could do without trying to mask it with yogurt or something. The down side - it's pretty thick, like any other oil, and it's really, really odd to have something that thick in your mouth with no real taste. I keep expecting some cherry cough Syrup flavor or something when I take it. I've even considered having the pharmacy add one of the "for kids" medicine flavors, if it wouldn't compromise the oils. You taste no fishy taste at all. There is a very faint lemon flavor, like a glass of Water that has a lemon wedge floating in it.

Product Details - Nordic Naturals Omega 3 purified fish oil

Per teaspoon:

825mg EPA

550 mg DHA

That's REALLY good for being band-friendly, and not fishy tasting. Like I said, I looked at chewables, powders, etc. and most of the non-capsule options I found, that I could down without gagging, had about 150mg/serving. I could chew 18 chewables, mix in 15 packets of powder, or down 2tsp of this oil. Easy choice. :rolleyes2:

If you can tolerate capsules, Prenate makes a DHA prenatal, PrenateDHA.

Good luck Jodie!!! I can't wait to hear all about it, or as much as you want to share anyway. I finally got to hear the baby's heartbeat today. I'm at 11 weeks and found the best OB ever. He is such a cutie too. I didn't think I'd be comfortable having a male doc seeing/touching my naked/fat body. But, he talked to me the whole time & I really didn't notice. At the end of the "inspection" he gave me a strong hand sitting up. I can see how pregnant women develop crushes on their docs.

Thanks for the fish oil advice! I went to a whole foods place to get the Nordic Naturals because my doc recommended them and they didn't have them. Maybe I can order them online.