Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

So does anyone know what they are having? What are your gut instincts? I think I am having a girl- if the pregnancy surrvives. Has anyone ever heard of the myth that what ever you are carrying- then the same sex will annoy the heck out of you? For instance- I am around a bunch of little girls who I adore and love so much (my daycare) however- the past few weeks they have been getting on my nerves! LoL!!!!

Have a great Holiday weekend ladies!!!

~Raynie!

hey raynie ..i hope your right i want a girl (i have four sons)and little baby girl i mind is driving me bonkers ..lol

i think im just narky though and tired and she most demanding ..he he

she is little dote though and not behaving badly just frustrated as shes trying so hard to get crawling ..well forward she can slide round wooden floors backwards its so cute.

i have appointment with hospital in oct(27th i think) il be sixteen weeks would like earlier scan as im finding it hard to actual believe baby in there which is so strange as with others i was so maternal quickly i think its because it was shock !!!im looking into private scan i still havent spoke to band surgeon as i know he will insist on total unfill but im waiting until after 14 weeks when nausea should have settled and (im almost 9 weeks now) i feel like im cheating or something but if i got total unfill then pg miscarried i would have to start slowly building it up again )god i sound so cold i really want baby just so shell shocked !!

Gratz Nikki!!! I know getting pregnant is a shocking experince! I feel like I am cheating on my lap band diet. It almost feels as if I gave up with trying to loose weight like a diet that went bad. Or like another excuse to not have to loose weight!! :rolleyes: Muhahahaha!!!!

I am a little freaked out by how much I will gain, I dont think I have too much of a fill left in me ( I can eat more and swallow the gigantic prenantal vit with no problem). I have no plans to fly to TJ anytime soon. I still have a credit with the airline since I missed my flight 2 sats ago. I am just taking this all one day at a time!

Well, Gratz again Nikki- and welcome to the preggo club!

~Raynie!

I am 9 months postop 55 lbs down and got pregnant on the pill!!!! I can't believe it. It took me a year and a half to get pregnant with my daughter. I have PCOS and needed to be put on bloodsugar medicine to get pregnant the first time. And here I am pregnant when I was taking the pill!!!!

I am just so excited. My husband and I were going to start trying for a baby at the beginneing of 2008 when I would have more weight loss and be in a better financial position for me to be a stay at home Mom. But I guess this kiddo couldn't wait that long to meet us. My obgyn said that losing 55 lbs must of made me very fertile. My progesterone is borderline low and need to take meds to keep it up for the first tri-mester. My ob says it is common for women taking the pill to have a low progesterone in pregnancy. My due date is May 3rd and I am so excited to have a place to talk with fellow pregnant banders.

Andee:bounce:

Congratz Abarbiere on your newest pregnancy! How exciting that you got prego on the pill! :) Dont worry everything should be fine!!!

Gratz again and tell us all about the journey!

~Raynie!

Hi Ladies!

Congrats to you all. I had a band baby last May(2006) He is very healthy and happy now, but was a little small at birth. (not REALLY bad, but we had to stay in an extra week till he gained more weight) 6lb 2oz....

Umm I reckon he was small cos i never had an unfill and was sick a lot. But he just coulda been small...all my other pre band babies were nearly 9lb.

Anyways, he still breast feeds at this point (much to my apprehension these days) is VERY healthy and even large for his age in stature not mass.

Everything went great really. I did gain, but only a 'normal' gain for pregnancy which is a first for me! 3 others i gained more than twice the 'norm' I am still trying to get rid of that baby weight, but i haven't been too regimental about it. Getting stuck into to it this month though as i have had enough!

GOod luck to you all and can't wait to see the outcome!

Thats so sweet Aussie! Thanks for the encouragement! I think we all need it! Today is my first prenatal consultation with the ob. Hope it goes well!

I started taking Expecta Lipil this week along with my prenatal vits. As anyone heard of it? Its supposed to be the same Omega 3 that is found in fish, without the harmful effects that some fish carry. ;) Ok gotta run!

Talk to ya later mommies to be!

~Raynie!

wow soooo great to get the info..... were like test subjects in a way..LOL I am really wanting a baby now... I had 2 pregnancies prior to ever be banded and am at a good goal weight I have been banded well over a year now and think in the next couple months I will wanna try to have one again..... CONGRATS to all of you on your WLS and your PREGNANCIES

Oh thanks Ragergirl! Go get pregnant now and come join us! :wacko: *sprinkles baby dust your way* hehe

Ok so I went to the ob yesturday- it was just a first consultatin visit. It went well. I gotta about 3 bags full of free samples and magz! That was the fun part! My Ob just had a new extension put in the office- so now they do 3d and 4d ultrasounds! Way cool! So I get mine done on the 20th of Sept. Cant wait to see if this little sucker is still ok and growing strong! I got new prenatal vits- its a sample and after just a few hours of taking them- my Constipation went right away! Now I am happy again... lol... ok tmi... :)

Alright preggo moms have a nice relaxing weekend! I am craving the veggies pan pizza from pizza hut! Oh I cant wait till dinner!

~Raynie

oh and i want a big scoop of choc ice cream and curl up in bed with a episode of Desperate Housewifes!

p.s.s. - everytime I turn on the tv or watch a movie someone is pregnant! Is this happening to you guys? Its like its following me! hehe

I just ran across this thread and decided I better post. I am also a pregnant bandster and this is our first! Dh and I decided that we would start trying the beginning of July and we got pregnant right off the bat! I could hardly believe it! I had always heard that it can take 3-6 months to get pregnant but I guess after losing weight with my band, I was really fertile. In fact, I bought a home test and when it went instantly positive, I figured something was wrong with it. I went to my family doctor the next day and the blood work confirmed it.

I have since meet with my OBGYN and everything is going great. My blood work all came back perfect and I have even had an ultrasound. My mom is a twin and since they run in both DH's family and mine, the doc wanted to see if there was one baby or two. They only found one however my sister is holding out hope that the other is hiding. It was so exciting to see the teeny, tiny baby on the ultrasound and hear the heartbeat!!! I had them make a tape of it for me and dh and I have played it and played it and played it.

As you can see from my signature, I am due April 4th. I am feeling fairly good. I think the exhaustion is what threw me for the biggest loop. That is getting better however. I have had some morning sickness, a few vomiting episodes but not much. I have had nausea but I have learned that it mainly comes when I forget to eat.

My band did have 2.5 cc but my surgeon removed .5 cc after I got pregnant. I do ok as far as hunger. I don't eat large meals but they are bigger than what I was having. I am, however, hungry all the time. I feel like I eat all day! I have gained a few pounds. My surgeon said that some bandsters even lose weight while they are pregnant. I don't feel like that will happen to me if this hunger continues. I certainly don't want to be nauseated, so I eat. I'm trying to eat healthy Snacks instead of the ice cream and Cheetos that I really want.

That's where I am right now. Glad to talk to others who are where I am!!

I had my third pre-natal appt. Everything was great! My ob even said I could get a fill now that my sickness is gone! YEY! I am so excited but here is the downer... My lap band doctor can't get me in for a month!! Can you beleive that?? They are always booked up. Ilove my doctor but really wish they would work on that. I go back on Oct 9th for pre-natal and get a fill on Oct 10th. Oh well, guess it is only one month!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I thought I should post, I haven't been on LBT for a very long time. I too am pregnant, about 10 weeks now. I have been VERY nauseas, all day long. I'm hoping it will get better. I still have about a 4cc fill, which allows me to eat well, but not too much, not that I have felt like eating at all. I have been too sick and tired to be excited yet. I'm sorry if I sound depressed but I just want to feel better soon.

Good luck to all of us "mom's to be".

Thanks for starting this thread, I will keep posting.

My ob/gyn has told me that I need to loose 40 more lbs before she will give me the go-ahead to start ttc. She wants me to start taking prenatal Vitamins now. What brand do you all take?

Hi momies,

I am back.... this morning sickness is kicking my but and damn I am so tired!!!! i have been eating alot too! Already gained 4 pounds! Eww!

There is a prenatal yoga class that starts this Sunday... I am not sure if I will join yet. The thought of it makes me so exhausted! :confused:

My ultrasound is Thursday- I cant wait!

Ok Congratz Niecey and Welcome too our baby thread! Yays!

I doubt that I will fall into the catagory of loosing weight too! Oh well! As long as this baby is healthy then i dont care anymore.

And Bexley- OMG- I cant believe your Doctor is letting you get a fill! I feel jealous and concerned at the same time.... please think about it hard before you do it. I have heard so many stories about babies born undernuturioused and all the complications.

Welcome aboard to Becca! Nice to have you too!

And Lala- your ob sounds like a jerk! I would get a new one! I dont think your too fat to get pregnant! I really believe that you will gain all the weight you lost plus some while pregnant! hehe.... so why keep losing more if your just going to gain it back? Time is ticking.... plus, you do have a band to help you after you pop out the bundle of joy!

As far as my prenatal pills- i first started out with an over the counter brand- called Nature Made Multi Prenatal- and they smell bad and taste gross but I only had to take one a day. Then after the Doc visit- they gave me some samples of PrimaCare. These are great! they have a am and a pm pill. They kinda look big, but the am pill is coated like a gel cap and goes down easy. the PrimaCare brand eased up my Constipation a little too. A releif if you are experiencing it. hehe

And I also take Expexta Lipil- its a small red gel covered pill to help with brain growth. Its like a Omega 3 fatty acid without actually eating the fish. It goes down really easy too! This is my first pregnancy taking the Expecta pill- they must have just came out with it, never seen it before. Its from the makers of Enfamil baby formula. They say the first 12 weeks is the most important- thats when everything is growing and forming. So I will cross my fingers!

So I had my wisdom tooth pulled last week! I have these horriable stitches in my mouth that is leaving the most god awful taste ever! Mouthwas is not curring it! I go back to the dentist tomorrow- I hope he takes them out! Its making me nausous... eww..... I really am against going to the dentist while pregnant- I fear of the x-ray and all the mercury in the fillings, and the horriable noise of the drill! My baby shouldnt have to bear all that so soon! But ..... my dentist assures me that everything will be fine! :)

ok I need to rest now! Keep chatting with me mommies! I want to hear all your complaints and joys!

~Raynie!

Hehe, you ladies are funny to read!

I have to say though, Raynie I think you'e the one that said "you got pregnant on the pill.. how exciting!!" LOL.

I envisioned this bug-eyed cartoon character.. EXCITING?! If you're on the pill, you don't want kids yet.. exciting is the word :confused:

I want to start 'trying' for kids at the end of 2008, for a 2009 baby. I am vigilantly on the pill. If I got pregnant now.. maybe exciting one day, but not today!