Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Thanks Ziahmama for your concern. I don't plan to exercise as hard as I was prior to the pregnancy but I do plan to keep walking a few miles a day. Hopefully that will delay any weight gain. The doctor said to try to gain a minimal amount of weight because I am still overweight and the baby will get what it needs. I am soooo tired right now. I had an ultrasound yesterday and I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant my baby is due Aug. 2nd, 2010. Good luck to all the pregnant ladies out there.:rolleyes2:

I am now 19 weeks pregnant today and feeling depressed. I went to my doctor last thurday and she couldn't hear the heartbeat with the doppler monitor so she got the ultrasound. She was looking for five minutes and then said to me, "Have you beed bleeding?" I replied no, then she says, "Well, there is no sign of pregnancy!" At this point I was freaking out and crying...she then kept looking and we saw a foot on the screen of the ultrasound monitor. So she says, "Oh, your uterus must have moved when you had your lap band surgery." She then proceeded to hear the heartbeat but couldn't get it. She said, "Well, we can see the baby is moving so obviously it has a heartbeat." But I never got to hear the heartbeat and I am still upset at how insensitive and stupid she is. Needless to say, I am switching doctors A.S.A.P. I have my 20 week ultrasound next monday, but until then I'm still feeling really unsure. The doctor made me feel like something was wrong. Has anyone had this happen with their doctor? I know I am overweight but not so overweight that they wouldn't be able to see with an ultrasound. I only way about 185 lbs....I am just praying that everything is okay with my baby and so until I see my baby and hear his/her heartbeat I am just really unsure.....:smile2:

hi laura

you are right to be upset she sounds completely incompetent and no tact at all ,on the plus side if junior moving ,his little heart is beating and at the stage of pregnancy your at, u need to drink about 2 litres of Fluid to push uterus forward to see baby with ultra sound and if baby in bad position its still hard to see but i am confident that if sonographer had thought there problem she would have done vaginal scan and since your 20 week scan so soon she just being insensitive im sure your baby be fine try not to worry and cant wait to hear news of your scan next week and hopefully junior not be so shy =) hugs

nikki

I am 23 weeks today, I have lost 15lbs since finding out we are expecting, but I am really worried because I cant seem to keep any food down and I am barely able to keep much Fluid down. My surgeon moved out of state shortly after my surgery so I was just seeing a fill doc, I had a complete unfil at about 8 weeks but it didnt seem to do any good. What should I do?? I dont have a regular surgeon and I dont feel that my fill doc knows any more about the band than just how to add and remove fluid. I would appreciate any suggestions. My OB says the baby is growing great and everything looks good, but I am so miserable not being able to eat.

hey all- haven't posted in awhile. I'm now almost 20weeks along and baby is doing good Me on the other hand not so much! I've gained about 16lbs and I cained a few in the months leading up to getting pregnant so I'm up a total of 25lbs and I'm bummed about this. ive seriously been eating everything in site my band doesn't seem to stop me! it may slow me down once n awhile but ugg!! the thought of having to battle to get this weight off again is so frusterating. I know it's all for a wonderful cause but I'm just bummed right now....

Update--I went in for my 20 week ultrasound yesterday and found out I am having a boy! Everything looked fine on the ultrasound so I now know my doctor really was an idiot(if you read my previous post you will agree). I am finally releived to know that all is well with my baby....:)

I also have everything out of my band and still struggle with eating..I think the best options are Protein shakes.(The soy Protein powder) I mix it with a banana and regular milk and it tastes pretty good. It is impossible for me to eat meat so I need to get the protein somewhere. If you can't do the shakes, then try the liquid pouches of protein they sell at any Vitamin stores. If all else fails, try going to another lap band doctor in your area to get some suggestions..Good luck :thumbup:

Hey ladies. Congratulations to all the new mommies and mommies to be out there. And Laura0703, congrats on the BOY!

I'm 17 weeks now and have gained about 3 or 4 lbs. I'm hoping to keep my weight gain in the 15 - 25lb range but we'll see what happens. I still have my fill. I got a slight unfill (-0.3cc) at 8 weeks and have been fine since then. I was lucky and didn't have any m/s and my band has been good to me so far.

We go for our BIG ULTRASOUND next Monday (Feb 8th) and we're so excited to find out whether it's a boy or a girl.

For some reason i'm thinking BOY. I will be really surprised if they tell me it's a girl! I'm ecstatic about either!

I've had a really good pregnancy so far and the only thing i'm really dealing with is some tiredness and headaches. I'm still not showing yet, but i can feel the baby bump if i rub my lower tummy. I think i might have even felt one of those "flutters" they talk about as being baby moving. It's hard to tell though!

Hey all I can't believe its been 9 MONTHS since I had this little guy? He's such a great baby, and i've lost all but 6 lbs of the weight...without a fill! I do remember when I was first prego and getting unfilled (without fluoro) she didn't get it ALL - she said I had about 1.8 cc's still in there, but at the time it felt like I was unfilled completely.

I have had some restriction lately due to the heat and obviously a little dehydration. I do know I eat less than I used to before the LAP-BAND®, I also chew better and make way better food choices...I can't seem to get lower than the 206 I am stuck at right now (i'm 5'7" so it's still a little too heavy for where I want to be) so starting this week i'm uppping the exercise - wish me luck...anyway here is a pic of my little band boy!

Enjoy!

post-216805-138131395222_thumb.jpg

I got pregnant after I lost about 25lbs with my band and actually kept mine filled through the whole pregnancy. I was a different case. Igained 7lbs for a almost 8 lb pound kid. Totally healthly,no complications, nothing. My son is over 2 years old now and I have lost a total of 113lbs. My band baby is huge though. He is 3'4" and a football player waiting to happen.

Crystal

Hey all I can't believe its been 9 MONTHS since I had this little guy? He's such a great baby, and i've lost all but 6 lbs of the weight...without a fill! I do remember when I was first prego and getting unfilled (without fluoro) she didn't get it ALL - she said I had about 1.8 cc's still in there, but at the time it felt like I was unfilled completely.

I have had some restriction lately due to the heat and obviously a little dehydration. I do know I eat less than I used to before the LAP-BAND®®, I also chew better and make way better food choices...I can't seem to get lower than the 206 I am stuck at right now (i'm 5'7" so it's still a little too heavy for where I want to be) so starting this week i'm uppping the exercise - wish me luck...anyway here is a pic of my little band boy!

Enjoy!

He is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!!!