Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 liquid diet help!

So my liquid diet is two weeks. I get three Protein Shakes a day. Small applesauce cup. 1 cup of Soup for lunch and dinner. And 1 serving of sugar free Jello.

That's all I get in a day.

I'm at work and I'm on my feet for 8 hours. I'm sweaty. Seeing spots. Dizzy. And I feel like I'm soon to pass out.

I don't want to cheat because getting this surgery means everything to me but idk how to get through work today. I can't have food on the sales floor (I work retail). I honestly just want to go home. I feel so weak.

Help?

This is post surgery I am assuming. The first three days are the hardest it's the carb withdrawals. I won't tell you to cheat but talk to your Nut and see if you can add salads or something. I know it should be better since you are on day 5 but it's the energy you are outputting for work that has you feeling like that.

@@LoseItKacy Make sure you're drinking lots of fluids. Take Vitamins. Space everything out so that you don't go more than 3 hours between eating something. You have the same plan I had only I didn't have a limit on the broth or Jello. You can always ask them if you can add another shake into the day. Make sure your drinking shakes high in protien like the premier protien ones. You can freeze them so they last longer when you eat them. I wouldn't tell you to cheat but if you need to drink some more broth so you don't pass out then I'd do it. You won't get fat on broth! Hang in there it will be over before you know it.

Call the nutritionist. I'd either add another shake or swap the applesauce, Jello for a clear Soup or glass of skim milk/low fat milk.

This is post surgery I am assuming. The first three days are the hardest it's the carb withdrawals. I won't tell you to cheat but talk to your Nut and see if you can add salads or something. I know it should be better since you are on day 5 but it's the energy you are outputting for work that has you feeling like that.

This is my preop liquid diet. My surgery is in 10 days.

The hard part is I'm at work so I don't get to eat consistently like I normally do. Once every three hours is a long time compared to my last 5 days

The hard part is I'm at work so I don't get to eat consistently like I normally do. Once every three hours is a long time compared to my last 5 days

Get a lunch pack or cooler and carry enough to get you through the day. This will be helpful postop as well.

It sounds like your body it detoxing from the sugar and other things that it's use to having. At this point it think you should talk to your NUT, but it's also mind over matter. This is why the preop diet is so important. The days start becoming more bearable between 5-7 according to everyones accounts. Hang in there, once you get through this phase, it gets better. The best to you!

Edited by 1SlimmerMe

In addition to detoxing from carb withdrawal, most people lose a lot of sodium when going low-carb (which is what this is) b/c processed foods contains tons of sodium. Be sure the broth you drink is NOT low salt, and see if you can have an extra cup of that each day - it will help you feel better.

I did better on pre-op when I drank Clear liquids only. Things of other textures just caused more hunger and cravings. Total withdrawal requires not teasing yourself. It doesn't work the same way as Nicorette or something. Besides, that's how post-op starts out...clear liquids for a week and sometimes more.

Don't cheat. I had a few slips and my surgeon said my liver was on the cusp of blocking the surgery. The effect is real and it is well worth the pain.

I don't know if you've tried it or not, but I find I feel fuller on my Protein Shakes, even the premade kind, if I dump it in a bullet blender and blend with some ice. It's like the ice is that extra something I need to fill me up and since it's just Water it won't ruin your pre op diet.

Edited by Sajijoma

Thanks every one. I'm now on day 9 and I feel 100 times better. I think I was just going through serious withdrawal. I feel really good now and I don't have to worry about work anymore until after surgery. The only thing I struggle with now is getting tired really fast but at least I'm not dizzy or nauseous anymore!