Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein drinks and supplements - organic, soy and gluten free

OK so even though I am 100lbs overweight, I have been an obsessively 'healthy' eater for years now. NO gluten, very few grains, no soy, no food with antibiotics or pesticides...

So - just wondering if any of you are using Protein powders, drinks and supplements that are:

• gluten free
  • soy free
  • organic
  • grass fed whey

If you have tried any of these kinds, i want to know which ones you like.

Thanks!

Edited by bhopeful

I eat fairly clean as well. I do some soy, typically the stuff I can buy that's organic & GMO free. Protein powder I use Isopure. It's 100% whey isolate & gluten free, but I doubt it's grass fed whey. I also do whole grains. One of my favorite brand is Bob's Red Mill. They are GMO free.

You may want to try some of the vegan brands like Vega, Biochem and Raw Protein.

For supplements you could try KIND brand. They are pricey but good.

Vega. Sun Warrior. Tera's Whey might be. Do you have a Whole Foods nearby? Another health store? You can go there and check the labels out.

I haven't had my surgery yet, it's 10/12. I used to use Jay Robbs strawberry Protein Powder with almond milk. It was the best, but my allergies are steadily developing at a rapid rate, so I can no longer use his brand. I'm now using a milk based Protein, lactose free. It's Organic Valley Organic Fuel. They come in vanilla and strawberry with 26 grams of protein. They're delicious. I use the orange vanilla Mio in my vanilla shake....delicious! There's always the Torani syrups to add different flavors. I purchase them from Whole Foods and some Giants carry them.

I just came across and email from Mambo Sprouts advertising Reserveage Protein powder. It appears to meet the requirements you were seeking. A quick google came up with a list of others.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!