Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 Months Into My Journey (With Picture)

I am officially 9 months into my post op journey, and if you would have told me this time last year that I would be down from a size 20 to a size 6, I would have laughed in your face.

For everyone who is struggling with this decision, or is losing weight at a slow pace, keep your head up and let your new sleeve work for you. Don't over think things. If you slip up or fall down, pick yourself up, brush your shoulders off, and keep on truckin'.

I will not lie and say that this journey is easy, because it is very, very, hard. But believe me, if you work with your sleeve, and let your sleeve work for you, you too will find yourself in complete awe of where you'll be 9 months out from your surgery.

I wish everyone true happiness and success in their journeys, and if you are fortunate enough to find people here in the forums that will be as honest and upfront with you as some of those people that I have encountered have been with me, I promise your journey will be made just a little bit easier.

Thank you @@Alex Brecher for creating a forum for all of us to share, encourage, and uplift each other along this path.

post-233567-0-35428400-1442625302_thumb.jpg

You look amazing!! Congratulations on your success and hard work!!!

You look great and are an inspiration! I was a tight size 20 when I had my surgery 8 weeks ago. This past week I was feeling a bit down on myself. Now I'm ready to keep on with my head high and my eye on the prize! Thank you!

@ Thank you so much, I truly appreciate the kind words.

@@nilamji I know exactly how you feel. Just remember you're going to have your ups and downs there is no doubt about that. But as long as you get back up and remember the bad moments only last for a season, you will definitely make it through.

Congratulations on your success! Can you share some tips and tricks? I was down to 197 from 287 and have hit a bump in the road and went back up to 200, never wanted to see that number again. Hummus and veggies for dinner tonight!

Wow! Look at your cute figure! And you have your shirt tucked in!!! Truly an inspiration! I'm 7 months out went from a sz 22 to sz 10 but your picture has given me even more energy for this journey! Thank you!

WOWZZAA!!! Congratulations! :)

Congratulations on your success! Can you share some tips and tricks? I was down to 197 from 287 and have hit a bump in the road and went back up to 200, never wanted to see that number again. Hummus and veggies for dinner tonight!

@Imblakes One of the things that you have to remember is that you are going to go through multiple stalls. I have been through probably 3-4 stalls, and during each one of those times I will go up and down 2-3 pounds for a couple of weeks. I would eventually move past the stall and begin losing again.

The main things for me are to be sure to get in your recommended Protein levels everyday, and make sure that you keep your Fluid levels high. When you come upon one of your stalls, change something about your intake. My doctor told me to increase my carbs a little. This will lightly shock your system into a change and you will start losing again once you decrease your carb intake again.

I wish you all the best on your journey.

WOW!!!! I'm almost 6 months and no where near your success! Congrats, inspiring!

Thanks for the positive & encouraging post. You look fabulous !!????

You look amazing! Congrats on your weight loss!