Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been in a stall for a couple of months myself and needed this message. Thank you!

Great thread, pre-op people should read this to help establish realistic expectations.

Great post thank you

So this is something I think some of you might be interested in:

I had 3 major stalls in my first 10 months PO.
In spite of that, I managed to hit GW in my 8th month.

Then at 10 months out (which was during the holidays) I found myself at the same weight for a month and I was thinking I was in maintenance. I was 5-7 pounds BELOW GW, so the maintain didn’t bother me.
I put my scale away bc I wanted to just enjoy my new body and lifestyle and told myself I’d use how my clothes fit as a guide.

Then about 2 weeks ago I was taking a selfie and noticed my clothes were baggier than I remembered. Got on the scale and was shocked to discover another 6 pound loss.
During that 3-4 week period of time, I ate and drank with reckless abandon. I most surely didn’t “earn” that 6 pound drop.
And since then I’ve dropped another 2 pounds while trying to INCREASE my calories.

Stalls are weird and they can take you by surprise. That last one disguised itself as maintenance.

I always advise people not to weight daily, but I can't practice what I preach. I've been weighing daily, and have a "ministall" almost weekly. If I didn't weigh daily I wouldn't even be aware of it! I've got to stop the insanity!

Edited by JRT Mom

On 1/8/2020 at 6:52 AM, MsMocie said:

_NOT_ embracing my stall as good as I thought😏

Saaaaaaaaaaaame here!

Time to bump the thread - Embrace the stall.

The key is to drink Water all day in the car .. in the kitchen watching TV then walk at least 20-30 min daily .. log your food on fitness pal the app has saved my life when I saw one particular food was 1000 calories I was shocked learn your calories

Thank you!!! I haven’t even had my surgery yet (2/25/2020) and those types of posts freak me out along with the I’m still hungry ones as well. Especially with women, I gain 10 pounds almost when I’m at my cycle and along with the hormones it can seem a nightmare when I was dieting over the years. I try to ignore those posts but they really make me nervous.