Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone just been sleeved in the last week? (18th Sept today)

Wow, what an experience.

Something I thought I was totally prepared for and something that I could not have been more wrong about.

I was sleeved on the 15th and it has been a long hard few days but finally today I have been able to tolerate a heap of free fluids (custards, yoghurts, Soups etc)

Yesterday, I cried all day wondering what in the world I had done and was I ever going to be able to tolerate even a spoon full of food.

I'm with you. I was also sleeved on the 15th. I read and studied enough that I knew what to expect, but it never really registered to me before surgery just how little you can really take in the first few days.

My surgeon's plan has me just today starting on some yogurt, skim milk, oatmeal or applesauce. As little Water as I've been able to get in I am waiting to see how this works.

Good luck on your journey!

I agree with both of you. Sleeved September 16th and it was definitely a very difficult day... Extreme nausea and vomiting. Glad to be home but I can't even imagine eating food. I keep worrying I'm not sipping enough and will end up back in the hospital. Let's hope it gets better!

I know everyone's experiences are different, but Day 3 was a major breakthrough for me. The first two days it seemed like my sleeve was very temperamental and really didn't want me to even sip very much. However, as of this morning (day 3 post-op) I seem to be able to consume about as much liquid as I need, provided it is in small sips.

Today was my first approach at anything of nutritional value. Tried some yogurt for Breakfast, and some cream of chicken Soup (with no solids) for lunch. I was able to get about 3-4 tablespoons of each down before my sleeve told me it was full. Plus a few ounces of Protein shake in between.

Im surprised at the different just one day makes.

Incisions are also healing well. The only one providing pain is the large one where the stomach was excised. It feels painful and the area seems swollen almost as though it is bruised.

Was sleeved on the 14th and everything went a lot smoother than I had anticipated (not bragging). It is now Friday and I have been able to tolerate everything. I'm a little concerned that I should be feeling more restriction? Fluids have even been going down a lot easier today than the last couple(can take close to normal sips) does this mean something is wrong?

I was sleeved on July 20th....it took me three weeks of exhaustion, barely being able to sipping water/fluids, while eating Protein Shakes, Jello, frozen sf Popsicles . I promise, it will get much better.....every day you are getting closer to feeling much better. Hang in there! I now eat everything that I should lots of Protein, no bread, I feel great, you will too.....if you're going through hell...just keep going!

ahhhh good post akpiedra- thank you :) I needed this.

I have been lucky to take in 300ml today.Seems a bit backwards rather than forward today. But yes I am thinking to just keep on going and with time this will get better.

It seems like the ability to drink is related to how swollen and distended the new stomach sleeve is. Mine seems to have opened up on Day 3, allowing me to sip much more frequently than before. I think I went from around 12 ounces of Fluid total on day 2 to nearly 32 ounces on day 3.

One thing I did was to switch from my prescribed pain reliever (hydrocodone/tylenol liquid) to just liquid tylenol. I did this because I needed to be able to drive, and confirmed with the surgeon's office that this was okay. I am wondering if the liquid tylenol somehow helped the sleeve to relax some and reduce swelling, allowing more fluids.

I was sleeved September 16th. Things have been going way better then I expected. I only used pain meds 2 times while in the hospital, none since I have been home. I have been doing great getting all my fluids in. I tried some Soup tonight for the first time and could not eat much of it at all without feeling full. The abdominal binder they had me wear after surgery was and still is a life saver! Wish everyone the best of luck just keep doing your best.

I was done on the 15th. Finally eating cream Soup. Still full of gas. Hurt less though.

Hi everyone! I was sleeved on sept 8th and am still so incredibly uncomfortable, full of gas, constipated and have zero energy; I was expecting a two day stay in the hospital (mine was 4.5 days) and a smooth recovery but it's been anything but ???? has ANYONE had anything like this?! I'm having buyers remorse right now even though I know that this was the best thing I could ever do for myself! Aaaaaaaagh!

I was sleeved on the 15th and had bad nausea. On the 17th got to go home and that was a huge positive for my morale. I have been able to take in liquids quite easily. Really watching my blood sugar since it has been very low, so I think I will take myself off the very last pill as of today. I would prefer my readings to be on the high side right now.

For dinner tonight I am going to have cream of chicken Soup and am so looking forward to something that is not sweet.

My incisions do not hurt but they are starting to itch like crazy. I actually slept on my stomach last night and that made me very happy.

Sleeved on the 17th as well. I purchased small cups and I've been sipping out of them. A lot of gas but I am urinating a lot so I know I'm getting in fluids. Chest pain is kinda bad and every time I take my pain meds I feel like I want to vomit. I'm praying it gets better.