Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 days post op and I must naturally take in a lot of air when I drink. I am sipping out of a cup , no straws as advised. But I always feel as if there is an air bubble in my chest and my tummy is bloated and tight. It doesn't start the day that way, only after I eat. Walking helps but I'd have to walk nonstop to take care of it all. I am burping and passing gas also. I have actually had a bm too so I know things are working. Tips?

I know it sucks at first. Your tummy is still very swollen my recommendation would be to keep sipping and keep walking. Have you tried the gas ex strips or a gas reliever? That may really help. This will pass and you will be able to drink more pain free. Just keep with it.

It'll take a while to get all that trapped air out. Gas X really does help and was a life saver for me in the beginning. It does get better. Just be sure to get as much Fluid as you can possibly handle.

I am using gas x strips. I'm drinking enough but just the minimum. Thanks for the reassurance.

I'm day 4 and burp with every sip of liquid. Although I don't feel bloated just swollen

Drink standing up. It really helps. Just a few laps around the couch or walking through a few rooms helps. Its hard to understand especially if you otherwise feel good but your stomach has gone through a major trauma. It is swollen and tight. Standing and walking really helps. Now that I am 9 weeks out, I can really tell the difference from then to now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches