Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am nearly 6 weeks post band op and I have had 3 fills so far. I am now up to 5 mls. Whilst I know it takes time to reach the sweet spot, so far each time I have had a fill I have hardly noticed any difference. I then start to feel anxious that this might never work for me which leads to negative thinking and then over eating. I then feel terrible that I am making things worse, I hate feeling like this. Did anyone else go through this turmoil at the beginning?

My first 2 fills did nothing for me. My 3rd fill was nearly 5 months after surgery and gave me some level of satiety and an occasional stuck episode(reminding me to eat slower, smaller and chewier). I only lost 12 lbs the first 2 weeks and nothing till the 3rd fill. It was at this point I had a nutrition consult and that did it. I started losing 6-8 lbs a month for the next 4 months.

It will take specific foods to allow you to feel some satiety this soon after surgery. As you get closer to the green zone/sweet spot you will find most foods will give you satiety. I assume you're aware of slider foods? Sweets, chips, crackers, potatoes, Soups, foods with lots of liquids will not give you much satiety.

Keep posting and welcome to the board. We look forward to following your journey!

tmf

That's great that it is finally working for you but why did you wait 3 months for the third fill, was this your choice or the doctors advice?

One fill after 30 days post op and then every 30 days till we reach satiety is fairly standard. Each doctor will have their own protocol of getting a patient to the green zone including no fills for many months post op. 3 fills in the first 6 weeks is quite irregular but maybe your doctor has a formula that he finds effective? Or, he's very hands on and wants his patients to reach satiety quickly. I like that. My doctor is very accessible but I would have preferred the route your doctor took.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches