Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my check up last Thursday and told my doctor every single frustration that's been on my mind and brought my food/water logs in to get some kind of answer or advice but didn't get a thing. 3 months post op and I'm down 32lbs, 10 of those were from my pre op diet. OUCH. So really, 22lbs in 90days is pretty frustrating to say the least. All my doctor had to say was, " Well...that's almost 2lbs down a week, remember I said 1-2lbs a week was your goal?" I went an entire 5 weeks with zero weight loss so to average it out really does nothing for me lol so my frustration continues as to why people around me have lost 40-90lbs and I've lost less than I've done on my own in the past. The whole, " Everyone's journey is different " has been said to me a million times but when do I get to start mine?

Oh my gosh, I know exactly how you feel. I am also so tired of being told, everyone is different and you cannot compare yourself to others. Then why are others losing, like you said, anywhere averaging 40-60lbs in 3 months. Ok, I am not at 3 months yet, 8/3 was my surgery, but I have only lost 16.5 lbs since surgery. When my doc first came in the room last week, he thought I lost 39lbs, because the MA put the wrong weight down, and he said, you are right on track. When I noticed the wrong weight, and he realized I had only lost 13lbs, then he said you are losing a little slowly, a little, you just thought I lost 39lbs and thought that was on track, I was so upset, and all he said was slow and steady is best. I have been doing nothing but following the program. I know this is your post, but so glad we can relate, I am really getting depressed. I cannot even get an appointment with the NUT. Good luck, I hope the weight loss picks up for both of us.

Boy do I understand the upset! Since my 3 week check up my doctor said I was going to be a slow loser, and that's all the advice he has to give me when I go in still. You hear all the fast losers and success stories so I really had no idea there were even slow losers. At this point my body is done healing and knows I cannot eat a lot and I know what I should be eating so I think, whats up?? Im at the point where I am just embarrassed when people ask me how my surgery is going. If they are my closer friends I just have them look me up and down and I say, " how does it LOOK like I'm doing?" If this weight loss surgery is supposed to be a " tool " to help me what gives? My tools broken, I tell ya. Good luck with your weight loss though, I hope you start getting the results you're hoping for :)

I am finding that I am a slow loser too. I was on one stall for 6 days and have been on another stall for a few days. I do find that if I increase my Protein or Water that helps nudge the scale a little. Also are you exercising? That can do one of 2 things. It can either push the numbers on the scale down or it can keep you the same depending on the exercise you are doing. Muscle weighs more than fat so remember that too. Also, for those 6 days I was at a weight stall I noticed that the inches were coming off even though the scale wasn't budging.

Try measuring yourself and only doing that and/or weighing yourself EVERY OTHER week. I know it's hard, the scale is there and you want to step on it daily but if is making you feel bad you should hold off.

As long as you are following the plan set forth by your surgeon the weight will come off. You haven't seen anyone on here that says, "I'm 1 year out and only lost 20lbs".

I am in the same boat as you Amber. I am three months out and I am only 30 lbs. Everyone tells me to up my Protein, Water and exercise. I'm trying very hard. I'm focusing on the nsv. I was only expected to lose 70lbs so I guess I am almost half way there. I am content when I look at it that way. It is difficult accepting that I'm a slow loser sometime.

As far as exercise goes I was swimming religiously from july until the 1st week of Sept. and I walk in the evenings. My doctor had made a comment about losing inches instead of pounds and I said, " well that would be fabulous if I wasn't wearing the same exact size I was before surgery still!" I wouldn't mind having loose clothing and not seeing the scale move but that's not happening at all either. He told me long term he'd like to see lose around 50lbs...what?? I've lost 75lbs 2yrs ago on my own in 6mth and had I know the possibility would be 50lbs after major surgery I don't think I would have put myself into potential harms way, honestly.

I should also say I still do my Premier Protein shake every single morning and lunch/dinner is always a lean meat ( I had tuna for lunch today ) and some form of veggie, carbs are always last on my food list if I have room. Water is now hit and miss for me, some days are great...others I get half of what I should be.

The same here. I did lose around 40 lbs in total. I eat about 800-100 calories and I am in a big stall.

I feel like I'm the queen of stalls lol so those I'm familiar with for sure. Hope it breaks soon for you! My doctor told me I can go up to 1200 calories...I usually stay around 900-1000.