Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Your Hobbies?

food was never a hobby for me either... but i get your point. I continue with my equestrian hobby and since losing weight added hiking, dancing, working out. unfortunately, i have developed some health problems that interfere with hiking for now, but I am enjoying learning to dance!

I like to read books (not electronic), travel, workout, shop, scrape book. I am really looking forward to 5ks, turkey trots and whatever other race I can find.

food was never ever a hobby of mine!

I love travelling and I am lucky to have at least a good couple of holidays a year. South of France in June this year and Cuba in November. Next year, the only one booked yet is a 3 week ride across Alberta and BC on a bike. Believe me I am NOT looking forward to being on a bike, Canada yes, bike ~ NO.

I like to be with family and friends, read, swim, hike, do gardening. I don't have much time for anything else.

ahh my homeland...Cuba! Good for you, traveling is the best present you can give yourself! Have a blast!!! And the bike thing is a great adventure!

Oh man, I need a life! You guys are inspiring! I have never been good at hobbys. Watch too much TV. REALLY need to find a hobby like you all have! Great post!

I am soooo for hobbies, they can keep us out of serious trouble! The thing is, most things can be learned, so if you have a desire to learn a new hobby, check it out...there may be books on it, videos, stuff about it on the internet.... JUST DO IT!!!!

Mine are crocheting (keeps the hands busy), calligraphy, sewing decorative things for the home (I hope to develop this into a small business someday), and gardening (harvested my first 20 pumpkins today!!!).

I love creating, making something from nothing. It is very satisfying, and the results can sometimes actually be a very useful product! It relaxes me, and keeps my arthritic hands moving (use it or lose it!!!). Lots of bonuses here, and it is fun...and I love hearing what you all are doing, too!!!

yoga, any Water exercise (swimming, Water aerobics, aqua zumba), hanging out at coffee shops with my laptop, internet surfing, genealogy, hanging out on these boards (bariatricpal and obesityhelp). I also bought some adult coloring books last night as I want to give that a try, too.

@Dub. Woohoo on the shooting sports. What sports???

Lately I'm just resuming handgun target shooting.

I want to do more trap shooting and sporting clays.

3-Gun competitions look like they would be fun.

My local range had an IDPA style handgun comp every month.

My birthday gift to myself was a sweet 1911 that I'd love to use in the local stuff.

Glock offers the GSSF events. Obviously, you have to run Glocks in their events, but I'm fairly well covered with those.

I'm really looking forward to getting back into a steady diet of trigger time.

Several crafting hobbies (knitting, crochet, tatting, weaving, sewing, needle point, quilting)

cooking (though now I try converting old recipes into high protein/low carb versions and small servings so I don't waste food)

Reading books or listening to audio books. Also listening to music (I have eclectic tastes in both genre)

I was a gardener when I lived in Missouri but here in Tucson I haven't been too successful (except for cactus)

I have pets (a rabbit and 2 gerbils currently) and I have had dogs (big and little) and cats in the past.

Been trying to get back into dating since I am no longer self conscious about my weight.

I already have so many hobbies that I won't have a problem keeping busy, and food will take a backseat when I can do things I wasn't able to (physically) as well...scrapbooking and paper crafts; music; writing; reading; knitting; and lots of other types of crafts. Plus I have a very active part in my grandkids' lives, going to their band concerts, field show competitions, and playing for their solos, as well as chauffeuring them around whenever needed. I love your "muppets" and would love to know how you make them.

Great question ! Its fun to hear about others hobbies and interests too. As for me ? Outdoors - fishing, camping, walking , gardening a little, and my newest addiction, golf !!! Indoors - Pinterest ( my version of crack !) , vintage or thrift stores, learning to cook, reading, and watching any kind of football and baseball. Go Seahawks !!!

Great question ! Its fun to hear about others hobbies and interests too. As for me ? Outdoors - fishing, camping, walking , gardening a little, and my newest addiction, golf !!! Indoors - Pinterest ( my version of crack !) , vintage or thrift stores, learning to cook, reading, and watching any kind of football and baseball. Go Seahawks !!!

Pinterest is amazing!!!

My hobbies include board games table top roleplay games and online battle arena type games with my hubby like league of legends and hero's of the storm

I both knit and sew and sell my creations giving the money to Charity. However I have been doing that for a long time and it is time to get back into things I used to do such as artwork or find some new interests. I garden but no longer have the passion for it I once did and bending to weed etc is harder with age. I walk and ride a bike but I am not sure they would qualify as hobbies. Lots of good ideas here to get a person thinking about things other than cooking or eating.

Pinterest is amazing!!!
love Pinterest❤️❤️