Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Your Hobbies?

food was once our hobby but now that is gone and we must find new ways to occupy our time and minds. So what if any hobbies do you currently have? It can be anything from arts and crafts to exercising. Anything you can think of. Share pictures if you like. My hobbies are collecting comics and vintage toys but the main thing I am focused on is my art. I draw, write, sculpt and even sew. Currently I am working on self publishing my own graphic novel. 11987083_705522512924412_254891494980751 11986582_712698322206831_205878162604326168712_1859546891177_7457416_n.jpg?oh=29

food was never ever a hobby of mine!

I love travelling and I am lucky to have at least a good couple of holidays a year. South of France in June this year and Cuba in November. Next year, the only one booked yet is a 3 week ride across Alberta and BC on a bike. Believe me I am NOT looking forward to being on a bike, Canada yes, bike ~ NO.

I like to be with family and friends, read, swim, hike, do gardening. I don't have much time for anything else.

Good question! I've actually been thinking about this a lot. food was my companion, my comfort, etc.. .I'm 5 weeks post op and have been thinking it's time to add something. I have a guitar which I have tried to learn for the past 5 years. LOL! It hurts! Apparently, it becomes fun after a while. Something small & silly. .I was going to buy a puzzle and work on that. I guess those are my hobbies. One day I'll say "mountain biking with my son"!!

Grilling was a hobby for the past few years.

Seldom do it these days.

The gym will be a new hobby very soon.

I'm getting back into shooting sports now.

The one thing that I've loved doing since surgery is answering questions on this forum.

And making Youtube videos, trying to help those that are as nervous and unsure as I was pre-op.

I tried my hand at blogging about my adventure, but my life got really boring and normal very quickly.

So I ran out of stuff to blog about. :-( http://www.bariatricpal.com/blog/9018-gastric-sleeve-surgery-an-unexpected-journey

So now I'm trying my hand at writing books. :-)

Get my free eBook - The Top 10 WLS Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

Coloring mandalas. It's relaxing. Listening to podcasts. Reading. A coworker introduced me to letterboxing. Going to listen to bands. Going to the movies.

My hobbies are coloring, loom knitting, dancing and playing board games with my family. I want to start painting but I haven't taken the time to go get supplies.

A picture I colored and baby blanket I just started for my step sister.

post-192003-14423218907584_thumb.jpg

post-192003-14423219630291_thumb.jpg

food was never a hobby for me. It was more comfort and protection.

My hobbies include:

Golf

Traveling - golf vacations across the country

Quilting

Reading

Listing to Audio books

Since my surgery, I've added exercise as a hobby and also searching for healthy recipes and then preparing it.

I guess I did make food a hobby now.

Tennis and hiking. Why, you ask? Because they stuck with me even when I was over 300 lbs! Everything else I need to slowly become reattached to.

Grilling was a hobby for the past few years.

Seldom do it these days.

The gym will be a new hobby very soon.

I'm getting back into shooting sports now.

Hey a fellow shooter! Anything particular you are in to? I shoot high power rifle, IDPA, and shotgun (trap, 5 stand, s k e e t, sporting clays). I'm also an instructor. Keeps me busy! lol

Edited by amazon

Singing is my hobby and now that I started to workout I want to really get into health and fitness as a hobby too