Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What’s Your Worst Post-Op Memory (or Fear)?

Oh my God YES the Constipation is my ONLY complaint! Literally, I tolerate food great, take my supplements, get most of my Water in, and am working out three days a week for 90 minutes, BUT THE CONSTIPATION. Going to the bathroom is literally the most dreaded thing, and luckily only happens every 3 days. Then I have 2 days of healing time and then just when I feel okay again, back to hell.

I was a little bit worried that I wouldn't be able to eat certain foods ( cheeseburger, fries, Chinese food, etc ) after surgery, but I thought the tradeoff of losing weight would be worth it. Not only did I lose the weight, but I occasionally I have a few bites of old favorites with no problems.

1. First, The Constipation has to be the worst!

2. I have only tossed my Cookies (no not actual cookies) twice, both from eating too much. The first time it happened I made it to the bathroom.

The second time it happened I just had spine surgery and could not jump up and run so my husband raced to the kitchen and came back with the smallest to go container I have ever seen!

I laughed even though I was about to throw up and said "what the hell am I going to do with this?!" I then proceeded to throw up and did not even come close to filling it up! LOL!

Never trust a fart. I'll leave it at that.

Lmao!!! Totally chuckled thx ; )

Nausea for the first 3 days post op! I slept and woke up with a sick bag in my hands and thought I would tear my fresh staples from throwing up dye.

You guys need to invest in some "smooth move" tea! I'm telling you that stuff works! I haven't had any Constipation issues and I only drink it maybe once a week.

OMG!! I remember like it was yesterday, even though it was 10 years ago, After my lapband surgery I could only eat 1 Tbsp of Water or Protein Shake and I would hurt so badly as if I had eaten 2 steak dinners. So I had to go down to literally eating a tsp of water or Protein shake or chicken broth. I would still feel EXTREMELY STUFFED, but it wouldn't last long. I was STARVING all day long every aingle day for months! Couldn't get anything down for the longest time, despite not having a fill. I don't recall having ever felt so damn miserable in my life! Starving, but couldnt eat at all! I asked my surgeon about it during each appointment. I repeatedly asked him why I was so hungry and could only sip a tsp. a few times a day, and he told me the RnY patients were the ones who didn't get hungry. I was sooo disappointed and depressed. Finally, one day, a few months down the road, I was able to get half a soft scrambled egg down. That was one of the happiest days of my life!!!

Edited by KattattaK

You guys need to invest in some "smooth move" tea! I'm telling you that stuff works! I haven't had any Constipation issues and I only drink it maybe once a week.

I was just going to ask....anything that we can do to help prevent constipation?! I think costco sells Smooth Move tea. Is that where you get yours?? Thank you!

I'm pre-op. I meet the surgeon tomorrow, and hopefully I'll get my surgery date. My biggest fear is that he will say NO SURGERY! and kick me out. I have kaiser. I've come this far...but until the IV is in my arm, I'm waiting for the boot.

I take 2 stool softeners in the morning and 2 at night. Things are much better now. If I skip a dose I pay for it. The tea mentioned above works well too. I have to use 2 tea bags for it to work though.

the drain. had to go home with it. the bandage caused sores. I hated that drain and than when they pulled it out I yelped. man that thing hurt.

having a bad back I was up and out of bed after surgery do to discomfort. a nurse came in and told me I needed to sit at the edge of the bed. np I said and as I was getting the bed in position she was holding her arms and hands in a cradle position to help me. when I told her I had already been out of bed a few dozen times she was horrified. made me giggle.

Awesome. Walmart is even closer to us! Thanks again!

Edited by VanessaVSGforme