Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost three weeks postop and have been feeling considerable better than the days before but today I decided to take a walk to my fruit man to purchase coconut Water and let me tell you, I am still catching my breath. I thought I was over the hill but it seems I am still climbing. Was thinking of going back to work at the end of the week though my dr. Gave me 6 weeks off but, having second thoughts now.

I took the full six weeks and I have no regrets.

I guess it depends on what kind of work you do. I was back at work one and a half weeks. I have a clerical desk job though.

Make sure you rest when your body is telling you to!

That said, I was hoping to be back to work on Monday the 28th (tentative surgery Thursday the 24th). No?

I said it before and I'll say it again....

You just had MAJOR SURGERY. Don't be a hero. It takes time to recuperate. And on top of it with this particular surgery we are barely eating. Those 2 things= fatigue and an overall feeling of yuckiness. I didn't feel human until about 5 weeks out.

I struggle with how many days to take off. I take it enough in advance I can have off probably 3 weeks. 4 weeks would be stretching for my job. But it all depends on if they hire another Assessment person to help out. If they don't I don't know what to do. I can probably get a week off at best. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Mom 26. Do you mean you will go back to work after four days? No way! My dear, please give yourself some time.

I also forced to the hairdresser and fell into deep sleep under the dryer, as if I was lifting blocks all day and I am three , well almost. Two days short three weeks out

Thanks all. Mom 26. Do you mean you will go back to work after four days? No way! My dear, please give yourself some time.

I also forced to the hairdresser and fell into deep sleep under the dryer, as if I was lifting blocks all day and I am three , well almost. Two days short three weeks out

Yes - I'm hoping to go back to work quickly. I have 2 jobs - I run the back-end Operations departments for a corporation and I also run a cake business with my husband.) My husband will take over any cake orders for a few weeks, so I won't have to do any of that strenuous work. But for my "day job", I can literally sit at my desk all day because I have staff to do the physical work. I figured if I am sore/tired, I can either work from home, or take a nap at work (we have an office with a couch for when people need it.) I had heard from some that it's comparable to a gall bladder removal and I was back at work quickly after that - and took a week when I had my corneal transplant. I'm not committing to anything - and if I need more time, I'll absolutely take it. Definitely NOT trying to be a hero -- it's just easier to deal with issues that may arise at work when they happen. I'm just trying to be optimistic (and maybe unrealistic?) A friend at work had bypass 2 months ago and was back in a few days.

Ok. Sounds like you have a little room to breath so that's good. My job is not very strenuous but the environment within which I work is. I do humanitarian work and find myself in war torn areas all over the world. My travel back to where I am currently working, will take me three days by flight, 17/1/2 hours nonstop being the longest leg, hence my Dr. Reason for insisting on 6 weeks of resting.

I put a lot of pressure on myself as I'm an asst press manager at my job. I took the full 4 weeks and guess what? Somehow everyone survived. Take the time to take care of yourself. Just getting in my nutrition during recovery was a full time job. I can't imagine working with all that going on. I needed time to mentally decompress and just take care of myself. I don't have one regret! As my father used to say, "on their death bed, no one says 'I wish I would have worked more.'"

Ok. Sounds like you have a little room to breath so that's good. My job is not very strenuous but the environment within which I work is. I do humanitarian work and find myself in war torn areas all over the world. My travel back to where I am currently working, will take me three days by flight, 17/1/2 hours nonstop being the longest leg, hence my Dr. Reason for insisting on 6 weeks of resting.

wow -- definitely different from my days! It must be so rewarding for you. You DEFINITELY need rest!!

Everyone is different. I went back 7 days post op without a problem.

I would have lost my mind waiting for 4 - 6 weeks to pass.

I had my surgery on last Thursday and went back to work teaching 3rd grade on Tuesday without any "real" problems. The first two days weren't super enjoyable but now I'm totally fine! Everyone is different, but if you really need to get back to work it's definitely possible.

I had my surgery on last Thursday and went back to work teaching 3rd grade on Tuesday without any "real" problems. The first two days weren't super enjoyable but now I'm totally fine! Everyone is different, but if you really need to get back to work it's definitely possible.

So glad you're feeling better so quickly. Makes me think I'm not out of my mind. :)