Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much are you able to eat 1 month out?

I'm in exactly the same boat as many are. Five weeks out, not losing weight. I'm able to eat more than I expected and get hungry (very hungry) if I don't. I'm getting about 800 calories per day, 100+ grams of Protein, plenty of Water.

It is a little discouraging to be eating so little and still be stuck but I saw my MD yesterday and she and the NUT agree I'm eating the right stuff and just need to increase my exercise.

I'm going to hang in there and keep on keeping on.

I was barely on puréed at one month out and I was still getting most of my nutrition from Protein smoothies (64oz fluid+60g protein/day). The most I could "eat" was maybe 2 tablespoons of refried Beans or scrambled eggs or pureed Soup or Greek yogurt once or twice/day. It was at least 4-6 months before I could eat 4 oz in one sitting.

I'm not saying you are eating too much, just that I couldn't consume that much so soon. i actually increased my calories as quickly as possible as I progressed. I didn't want my metabolism to get used to the low calories for very long. I say stick with your plan, don't worry about calories at this point, (you DEFINITELY aren't eating too much) and if you are worried about not losing fast enough, then STAY OFF THE scale. Seriously, I weighed at 11 days and again at 6 weeks. Healing and getting enough Protein and Water should be your only priorities right now.

I'm following my doctors orders I just don't ever feel like I'm getting full. I will be hungry 30 minutes after I eat!
My dr has me on no restiction either he said resume everything I want and I too feel like I am always hungry..but as soon as I started eating real food I'm only eating a very small portion .then I get full and hungry with in an hr as well..just make healthy choices n u should be fine..ur mind in still hungry it's probably not actual Hunger..at least for me I believe it's my fat mind still trying to come through..lol. good luck and let's all hope for fast great results lol

I'm 12 days post-op and down about not losing more. However, the inches are looking very good. Also, I bought an 8 lb stick of hamburger the other day to make chili for a cookout. I thought to myself, I wonder if that really weighs 8 lb. So, I went to my scales and weighed myself holding it and then without. Then I thought, OMG, that's 8 lb! Just think of that on your body. It really hit me what "only" 8 pounds was in reality!

I've lost just over 21 pounds so far. My 14 month old weighs 22 pounds. I'm like, holy crap, I lost a whole baby! Lol

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

Edited by ttdish

Sleeved on 8/11. I was/am at a stall now for the last week. When the scale didn't move I walked more thinking that would help. That first day I was able to get in 8 miles ( 5 at one time and the other 3 at different times.

Woke up next day and hadn't lost a ounce. Not one. Then today after my 3 mile walk I weighed and it said I was down 1 lb. so we shall see.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

I was also starving constantly. I was worried that the surgery wouldn't work for me or I had stretched my sleeve or something like that. Everyone said it was acid but I thought how can it be acid when I'm taking Prilosec every day and have been since a few days before my surgery per doctor's orders?? It's hunger! It feels just like raw gnawing hunger even 20 minutes after eating! But I was willing to try anything so I upped my prilosec and started chewing a gaviscon tablet before and after a meal-lo and behold the hunger was lessened. I went a step further and changed my PPI to Nexium once a day and the hunger is gone.

Even if you only try taking/upping/changing your PPI to eliminate the possibility of acid, try it. It may be the same problem.

I swear I have been stalled for two weeks! I know I'm losing because my clothes are falling off! But it's so frustrating!!