Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Year Surgiversary & 150 Pounds Gone! (With pics)

Today marks 2 years since my surgery. I never, ever would have thought I would be in the 120s when I started this journey. It has- and I have- surpassed my wildest expectations.

I remember vividly the exact day I decided I had to do whatever it took to lose weight & be healthy. I was at Hershey Park with my then-6th grader daughter on a class field trip. I love parks, and since I didn't have the littles, I was excited to ride the roller coasters with my daughter. So we came to the first one, I squeeeeezed myself into the seat & to get the lap bar down the attendant had to step on it to push it past my huge stomach. I was mortified and my daughter felt terrible for me. I was nearly in tears; in my minds eye, I was no where near that big. I didn't ride another ride the rest of the day & swore at that point I would not let my weight hold me back from experiencing life with my family one more day. It HAD TO change.

Don't you worry. Since then I've OWNED that park!! In fact, the next time I went back was not only to ride every freaking roller coaster in that park, but also to run a 1/2 marathon through the park just over a year later. Take THAT!!! Lol.

Anyway, these 2 years have been amazing. I've learned that my body is capable of so much more than I gave it credit for. I've learned I absolute can accomplish even the most seemingly unreachable goals. I've learned that I could not achieve long-term success without overcoming my eating disorder. I've learned that I deserve good things.

So, it's definitely NOT about the numbers, but I feel like I would be leaving out something someone following this might really want to know if I didn't include them so.... I started my journey at 278.4 pounds & 2 years later I am at 128 pounds. That's a loss of 150 pounds :-). What an amazing journey it's been!!! I even rocked my first bikini ever this year! Ha!

post-182723-14421888930807_thumb.jpg post-182723-14421889066172_thumb.jpg post-182723-14421889536748_thumb.jpg

Wow! Just wow!!! All your hard work paid off. You don't even look like the same person! Congratulations!

Which surgery did you have?

You look fabulous!! My 2 year surgiversary was last week and I still haven't gone to an amusement park. Congrats on your success!

Which surgery did you have?

The sleeve. I also had a Tummy Tuck & panni in April of this year

Today marks 2 years since my surgery. I never, ever would have thought I would be in the 120s when I started this journey. It has- and I have- surpassed my wildest expectations.

I remember vividly the exact day I decided I had to do whatever it took to lose weight & be healthy. I was at Hershey Park with my then-6th grader daughter on a class field trip. I love parks, and since I didn't have the littles, I was excited to ride the roller coasters with my daughter. So we came to the first one, I squeeeeezed myself into the seat & to get the lap bar down the attendant had to step on it to push it past my huge stomach. I was mortified and my daughter felt terrible for me. I was nearly in tears; in my minds eye, I was no where near that big. I didn't ride another ride the rest of the day & swore at that point I would not let my weight hold me back from experiencing life with my family one more day. It HAD TO change.

Don't you worry. Since then I've OWNED that park!! In fact, the next time I went back was not only to ride every freaking roller coaster in that park, but also to run a 1/2 marathon through the park just over a year later. Take THAT!!! Lol.

Anyway, these 2 years have been amazing. I've learned that my body is capable of so much more than I gave it credit for. I've learned I absolute can accomplish even the most seemingly unreachable goals. I've learned that I could not achieve long-term success without overcoming my eating disorder. I've learned that I deserve good things.

So, it's definitely NOT about the numbers, but I feel like I would be leaving out something someone following this might really want to know if I didn't include them so.... I started my journey at 278.4 pounds & 2 years later I am at 128 pounds. That's a loss of 150 pounds :-). What an amazing journey it's been!!! I even rocked my first bikini ever this year! Ha!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1442188891.804928.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1442188905.588696.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1442188951.309679.jpg

Congrats! My goal is to ride every ride in Hershey Park. I have never been but we found it online. I've been to Disney and Universal Hollywood. Last Summer we had season pass for all the Cedar Fair parks.

Through the journey of the season pass, I experienced something similar to yours. Well, I didn't at Disney so I wasn't expecting it nor did I realize my size. I am as mobile as possible. I can run short distances. So, I didn't really see myself where I was without the scale.

I promised myself that my son would never ask, "Mom, is your tummy ok?" He checks on each ride. There was actually a ride he wanted to ride so bad that I rode it because they got the bar down. And every time it spun, I was in horrible pain. But, we never want our kids to miss out on something. I told him that I am eating healthy so that I wouldnt have to sit down like I did at Disney. Well, I sat down once the whole day. We were there from 9am-11pm. But I could barely walk after. Then the next day I realized why, I had major bruising on my inner thighs.

I am excited to see someone with a similar story. It gives me hope! I also want to rollerblade again. I will buy myself some once I get to a comfortable weight.

Thank you :-)

Wow! Amazing! I will be 2 years out on November 5th. I'm no where near there. I need to lose 45 more for my goal weight.

Congratulations BTW!

All I can say is wow!!! You look amazing!

At two years out, do you still think about your weight a lot? Are you at goal? Have you gained any back?

I'm about to enter maintainence and it really freaks me out. Could you tell me a bit about what life is like for you now in terms of weight/food?