Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone similar stats?

My surgery is coming up and I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me what to expect.

I was 257 when I started the process but now I'm around 242. I'm 5'6.

I want to be 135-145 but I don't know if I'm asking for too much with that. I'm having the RNY.

My surgery is coming up and I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me what to expect.

I want to be 135-145 but I don't know if I'm asking for too much with that. I'm having the RNY.

stats aren't similar, but I think it's absolutely doable!

@@LoseItKacy, I agree with @@dhrguru. Your goal is 100% achievable. My starting weight was 305 eight months ago, and I'm just 35 pounds away from my goal of 145. I'm 5'4", and I also had RNY. My weight loss has definitely slowed down since the six-month mark, but I still expect to hit goal before the end of the year.

Edited by anaxila

I have similar stats to yours, I'm female 5'6" started at 256 and 254 after pre-op diet. I am 11 months post-op almost and about 138 pounds. Everyone is different but its achievable. I actually dumbed my weight loss down and said 150 to my Doctor and 130 to his assistant but they both said its doable with RNY so it's reasonable. Congratulations on your upcoming WLS.

First of all, Congrats on making this life changing decision! There are a few factors that go into calculating your expected weight loss as everyone is different. What has your Bariatric team told you? My team at mayo told us to expect to lose 66% of our EXCESS weight by the 12-18 month mark. Of course you will lose the biggest amount in the first 6 months. Compliance is key in your success. We just had our monthly aftercare meeting this past Monday. Two of the ladies (both nurses, no less) are having issues. One of them at her 6 month checkup had low level of several Vitamins. She wasn't taking her B12 shot and was taking Flinstones chewables because they were cheapest. Now she's been told she has to take extra supplements. I suggested the Vitamin I take because (Opurity) it's made specifically for our bypass needs. The other lady, who had surgery 2 weeks before me, wasn't eating 3 meals per day and was also eating smaller portions of some of her old foods (pizza, rice, chips, etc.) and was having horrific pains in her stomach. She almost ended up in the ER! Anyways, there's a website if you want to check it out that you can plug your numbers in and get an idea of what to expect. It's obesitycoverage.com Best of luck to you!!!

First of all, Congrats on making this life changing decision! There are a few factors that go into calculating your expected weight loss as everyone is different. What has your Bariatric team told you? My team at mayo told us to expect to lose 66% of our EXCESS weight by the 12-18 month mark. Of course you will lose the biggest amount in the first 6 months. Compliance is key in your success. We just had our monthly aftercare meeting this past Monday. Two of the ladies (both nurses, no less) are having issues. One of them at her 6 month checkup had low level of several Vitamins. She wasn't taking her B12 shot and was taking Flinstones chewables because they were cheapest. Now she's been told she has to take extra supplements. I suggested the Vitamin I take because (Opurity) it's made specifically for our bypass needs. The other lady, who had surgery 2 weeks before me, wasn't eating 3 meals per day and was also eating smaller portions of some of her old foods (pizza, rice, chips, etc.) and was having horrific pains in her stomach. She almost ended up in the ER! Anyways, there's a website if you want to check it out that you can plug your numbers in and get an idea of what to expect. It's obesitycoverage.com Best of luck to you!!!

Your at Mayo?!? I'm (relatively) near you! I'm in the twin cities :)

I love Minnesota and miss it so much! I grew up there before moving to the South.

Anyway, back on topic... I think your goal is definitely attainable!

Edited by soatlast

Sorry girls, I don't live in Minnesota. I had my surgery at mayo in Jacksonville Florida where I live.

I started 234 after 18 months I am 152 lbs. a lot of extra sking around my belly, so about 10 pounds of extra skin.