Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never in my life did I think I would share this!

Elode - CONGRATULATIONS! I too have traumatic experiences of being "measured" by the tiny Italian women who made my Catholic school uniforms. The only saving grace was that I was always the tallest in my class and was measured LAST. I hope I am as successful as you with losing 100lbs in 10 months. If it takes longer that's fine too. I've followed some of your posts and they are very enlightening to me on my journey. Thank you.

@@Djmohr Me?! 121lbs is crazy! You're an inspiration yourself! Congratulations to YOU! You should be so proud!

@@Margie122 I never put any time limits on myself. I just let it happen when it happened. If it would have taken 2 years to get here I would have been just as happy as long as it's off and stays off. Through this whole process I've tried to just let my body do what it needed to do. I spaced out my weights on purpose, I refused to let that scale bring me down and because of that it hasn't had a chance to. I haven't been disappointed yet...dizzy for awhile but I'll take that, it was a sign that I needed to focus on my fluids which I am now. It's amazing how much your body will tell you if you just take the time to stop and listen. Good luck to you!!

Congrats Elode!

Congrats! That is a major milestone, and it is great to see it bring you so much well earned Joy! I am losing at a turtle pace, but like you I am thrilled with the journey and would do it over again 100X!

And I thought you were going to share something "Juicy!" Thanks so much for sharing, Elode! I am exactly where you are! I reached goal last week! I have officially lost 100 lbs! It is so damn unbelievable, isn't it? I went to a Greek Festival yesterday that I go to every year. Most people didn't recognize me, and I spent the day reintroducing myself! Go out and Celebrate at Goodwill! :0)

Even you feet look thin! Congrats

Congrats on your success, love seeing and hearing these stories as they motivate me even more!

Elode, thank you for your affirmation! My surgery is set for Oct 14th. Any words of wisdom?

Congratulations, this is so awesome! I for one appreciate your sharing your experience and most of all your enthusiasm through this process.

Thank you all so much for all your kind words! You guys in ow how to make a girls heart full!! Everyone on here inspires me daily in some way or another either in the amount of weight lost or just the amount of determination and willpower you all posses and use on a daily basis to reach your own goals. Every pound lost is a success, every time you make even the smallest decision to chose a healthier option and wake up with the "I can do this" attitude you are wining in the game of life.

Sorry it took so long to respond I was spending the day with my middle daughter trying on school dance dresses....yes, both of us (me for fun) I never got to go to prom, I was pregnant with her sister at that time so today I got to "semi" live a part of that. We had so much fun and I'm positive I would have looked better toady in a dress than I ever would have back then. She's one of my major inspirations. She says things that brighten my world without even knowing it like in this picture today she said "Mom Look how easily my arms fit around your tiny waist". Priceless!

post-237766-0-34003100-1442193603_thumb.jpg

@@mizzmaryk I would just say to take each day as it comes, try not to stress out about things. Don't weigh yourself all the time, that was huge for me. I know it's hard but the scale can be defeating for some people, it causes anxiety and frustration. You will lose the weight if you do what your suppose to do. Everyone knows I wasn't one who exercised, I should have but I didn't do much. 98% of my weight loss came directly from what I put in my mouth on a daily basis. I am ALWAYS conscious about what I eat. Now, that being said it doesn't mean I don't treat myself at times like yesterday I had tiramisu but I only ate two bites. It takes self control and a conscious mind. You SHOULD exercise though! I'm not saying don't. I should have, that's the one part I didn't do so well on but I'm still on this journey so I will. Whatever you do DONT EVER compare your progress with anyone else's . Our bodies are all different and unique, no two people will have the same journey. Since you haven't had the surgery yet take measurements and write them down someplace now. Sometimes when the scale isn't moving your body is still losing inches and changing. It helps to measure in those moments when you don't feel like any progress is happening. Also take before pictures and make a list of 10 reasons why you want this surgery. Again when you are having a tough time (we all do at some point) take that list out and read it. Mainly just enjoy this gift you have been given. It's a rebirth and you should see it as such. I wish you a successful & life changing experience. Be blessed!