Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bucket list of things to do after weight loss...

Does anyone have things they are looking forward to finally doing/trying that you felt you couldn't do before!?

I personally can not weight (get it! haha) to try rock climbing and getting back into casual bike riding!

Bucket List:

Fitting it into my size 12 jeans, dresses, and cute skirts.

Then donating them two months later, because they are too big for me.

Becoming an adjunct (part-time) professor at one of the local colleges or universities. Have been wanting to do that for a couple of years. But not wanting to stand in front of a classroom of college students in this body.

Go swimming without shame.

Take pictures with my daughter. (I hate seeing how chunky I've become in photos, so I avoid taking pictures like the plague).

Enjoying the summer, because I won't be so hot inside 50 pounds of extra fat.

And other basic things that I'm looking forward to taking for granted a year from now. :)

Edited by MeMe8264

​I have just been thinking this week that I would like to try casual bike riding again. I don't even know if I remember HOW to ride a bike but I would love to give it a shot!

And if we are talking true bucket list, I think maybe possibly I would like to do a zip line. I think someone would have to push me off the platform, but I think I might really enjoy it once I tried it! My sister took this "trapeze" class here in town recently and said I HAVE to put that on my list. I don't know about that one, but it is cool to think I might be able to. Then again, maybe that would be a good precursor to a zip line.

I'd like to be able to bend over to pick something off the floor, without having to open my legs so my belly doesn't get in the way!

Small things can sometimes mean the world ;)

I may be 54, but I love theme parks! I live in southern CA, and as cliched as it might sound, I want to go to Disneyland! And... California Adventures, Six Flags, and every other park out there! I want to ride every single ride they have too.

I'd also love to go to the Grand Canyon and white Water rafting.

Edited by The Post Op

I may be 54, but I love theme parks! I live in southern CA, and as cliched as it might sound, I want to go to Disneyland! And... California Adventures, Six Flags, and every other park out there! I want to ride every single ride they have too.

I can see you beaming with the thought of doing that @ !!

I want to take my children skating/rollerblading.. Gosh I loved to do that when I was younger! The skating rink is a place I have avoided taking my children thus far... And Water parks.. I saw a huge slide up near Dallas or somewhere like that. I would LOVE to drive up and check it out!!

I'd love to take the kids to the caverns and walk underground for the lantern tours.. I afraid I would get stuck in a tight crevice now.. Lol.

And those superficial things like fit into a size 6.. I think that would be my goal jeans.. I've never ever ever worn below a 14.. Well as long as I can remember anyhow.. I'm sure I wasn't born wearing a size 14..lol

Once I reach goal I am going on a shopping spree at Neiman Marcus.

Skydiving

African Safari

Not having a conversation with yourself "how important are tied shoes at this moment?"

I can see you beaming with the thought of doing that @ !!

Like a port in the storm, Kate, a port in the storm! ????

There are a list of things I'm looking forward to

having a conversation with any member of my family that doesn't revolve around my weight

crossing my legs (I've NEVER been able to do that)

fitting in a booth

walking up to the second floor without being totally out of breath

going on a hike

going on a tropical vacation and feeling comfortable by the pool

buying clothes in a regular store

looking in the mirror and not hating what I see

not being embarrassed to have my picture taken

Edited by Sophie74656