Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Off My Diabetes Meds After Sleeve

I saw my endocrinologist today and I am now off all of my diabetes meds after being sleeved on 9/1. Before surgery I was on 4 meds: Metformin, Glimipiride, Victoza, and Lantus SoloStar. I am pretty happy with this news.

I still need to check my blood sugars on a daily basis, especially as I move through the next few dietary stages. Hopefully I will be able to stay off of these meds.

Congratulations! I am really happy for you! That was my biggest reason for wanting the sleeve surgery. I hope after my surgery I can Celebrate with you!

Great job. It's a rewarding feeling when you know your weight loss is positively impacting your health.

Congrats!! I came off all my blood sugar meds (Victoza and Glipizide) day of surgery and have been off since. I recently came off my cholesterol meds! As the weight comes off our health really does improve. :)

Congratulations! I cannot wait for my time to come!! :)

I had surgery on 12/7 and prior, took Janumet 2x a day and Victoza. In the hospital post surgery my insulin went over 150 a few times and they gave me one unit of insulin each time. I can home yesterday and was instructed by my dr to start taking Janumet once a day and Victoza again. But I tested my sugar first thing this AM and it was only 112 after fasting and 117 2 hours after eating. I am not going to take any of my meds because I am afraid my blood sugar will drop too low. I am pretty psyched. I was only diagnosed with T2 about a year ago and I really think the pre-op diet and surgery have reversed my T2D already.

That's great!! I have been type II for 16 years, and I am afraid mine is here to stay, but with living a low carb life style I need very little medication.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!