Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling day 7 post op

Go for it!

Do what makes you feel good!

Nobody's the boss of you!

Hey, there! I had my VSG a day before yours, so I am at about the same place. I am also totally feeling you! I am almost the poster child for good presurgical habits -- from June-August, I basically did 2 PP shakes a day, with one small Protein meal. I've done all the things they've asked me to do. I walk, I get my Vitamins, I am getting in all my Protein and my liquids each day. My recovery since surgery has been pretty easy -- at a week out, I feel almost recovered, though I know I need to be gentle with my body.

I have also flirted with cheating. :-) Yesterday, I got so pesky I soft scrambled two eggs with a tiny bit of cheddar cheese and ate them. Well, I tried -- after two bites, I was like OMG WTF TINY SLEEVE! But over the course of about 2 hours, I ate those eggs. Oh, and a day or two before that, I took a chicken meatball from the leftovers, and pureed it with some chicken broth and ATE IT. *grin* But it wasn't very satisfying.

As best I can tell, it's okay and normal to be feeling like this. I know that *at some point* I will be able to just eat the damned meat ball, but right now, I am a little tired of being the WLS good girl and drinking my nectar and flavored Water. :-) But in my heart, even as I'm doing those things, I'm thinking about a bite of an In&Out burger, or a taste of a burrito. :-) Last night, I imagined taking a bite of something on a TV commercial and just spitting it out after chewing it for the flavor! :-) So, I think that these urges to "cheat" are probably just the natural desire for more variety, and to move past this stage. I don't think having a bite of something means that you're going to fail, any more than cooking two eggs means I am. This liquid stage sort of sucks. :-) The only thing I can suggest to you is that when I have felt *really* like cheating, I have tried to figure out what would be best thing for me -- like those two eggs -- and least likely to cause me problems.

Short version: Don't worry now about a bite of lasagna before! Today is a different day Breathe! Have some more liquids! It's going to be okay! :-)

Love your short version ^_^

Unfortunately if you can't make it through one week, chances are you won't be successful; just stating the obvious.

EEEEEK!! While I agree that making bad choices this early out is risky to the healing of the tummy, I think your response is a little extreme.

To the OP. Find substitutes. Puree some Tomato sauce and have a few teaspoons of that with a bit of parm sprinkled on top. Or have a cup of creamy tomato Soup with Protein powder. Runny boxed mashed potatoes with gravy, carrot or squash bisque, hummus, pureed guacamole...

I think you are seeking flavor but you really need to work hard to get through these first few weeks. They are the toughest, but you CAN do it -- one meal at a time...

That Amazon woman is a &*!#% ...

As a host of this forum, I will remind you that personal attacks and name calling are forbidden. Please refrain from such behaviors. Thank you!

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. ;) Please note...I could have spelled out EXACTLY what I meant but decided I wouldn't for the sake of your forum. You may want to contact the person who completely put this person down. We all have opinions and I gave mine. ;)

We all have food addiction and we all know what's right and wrong...

Really? We ALL do? Huh. I didn't know that. I must have missed that about myself. ;)

You're quite sarcastic.

The TV commercials are redic! I have to flip the channel ;)

I completely agree!!! The only reason I love the commercials is for reminding me to sip some water!!! Every commercial, I drink a little. :D it's a nice timer lol other than that...I'd rather watch Netflix! :)

I have noticed that at times the forums can be a place when bitchiness rules, snarkyness is cool for the gang and words can cut deep. I know for a fact that I have driven my family insane with my behaviour the past 2 weeks and feel as if I am now out 'on the other side' thank goodness, with apologies given. People sometimes post without thinking, or the words dont always convey what they really meant. That doesn't excuse rudeness but lets remember we all have **** days and feel like screaming at others here, even when we feel we are here to support

Serioulsy when I read another topic along the lines of, "Help I ate a slice of pizza and I am only 3 days out, will I hurt my sleeve", I feel like phoning the person up, reaching down the line and slapping them. Do I say it, no. Do I think it, yes.

Sometimes tough love can be a wake up call and at times, we all need that.

Follow your surgeon's post-op plan.

Are you on a "clear" liquid diet or a "full" liquid diet now? Also at about 10-14 days you may be able to start the puree phase, that will make it easier.

For now, keep up the great work and if food is too tempting, maybe you can have others cook the meals or at least excuse yourself from the dinner table for the next week.

That Amazon woman is a &*!#% ...

As a host of this forum, I will remind you that personal attacks and name calling are forbidden. Please refrain from such behaviors. Thank you!

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. ;) Please note...I could have spelled out EXACTLY what I meant but decided I wouldn't for the sake of your forum. You may want to contact the person who completely put this person down. We all have opinions and I gave mine. ;)

There is a big difference between stating an opinion (which I did feel and comment was quite harsh) and name calling. Utilizing symbols over words does not negate intent.

We all have food addiction and we all know what's right and wrong...

Really? We ALL do? Huh. I didn't know that. I must have missed that about myself. ;)

You're quite sarcastic.

Who me?

;)

Yes I am. I'm not a fan of people speaking for ALL of us, but that's just me.

....Utilizing symbols over words does not negate intent.

As in little Johnny asked his teacher "What word do you think I am thinking of. It begins with an "F" and ends with a "K" and has a "U" and a "C" in it".

The teacher turned red in the face and exclaimed sternly to little Johnnie "We do not use language like that!".

Little Johnny replied "What is wrong with saying the word "firetruck?".

:)

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO