Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for those who had sleeve in August 2015

So true lealor. I love reading your post.I got rid of so many clothes that now I barely have anything. My husbands side of the closet is so full and on my side I have my work clothes and maybe 2 outfits that I just recently bought last week from JC Pennys. I got rid of all my size 26/28 and 24's (gave them to my Mom, she's struggling with obesity as well.I guess it's in the family). I'm a size 16 now but I don't plan on being this size longterm so I won't go crazy in the shopping department, not at least til I get at or near goal.

I can't believe your coworker, that's my worst fear. I would feel like I went through this entire process for nothing. I do believe though not enough time or research is spent on addressing obesity related eating disorders.it's our responsibility as individuals to figure out how our relationship with food caused us to become overweight and what can we do in the future to change it. I know me for example I grew up in a household with poor eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle, as a result I adopted that lifestyle but since having surgery and also a family of my own I'm now learning about healthy eating habits and how to keep my children active from a young age.

Sorry for the long post lealor, lol I got carried away

@ProudMomof2 thanks for post...you are right. We all didn't get obese for no reasons......lets stick together. Yae you for your weight loss ..xoxoxox

@@lealor I struggle with exercise and the "mind frame" of loosing the weight. I keep thinking I have so far to go. 88 pounds to be exact and I think the hardest thing for me is to stay motivated. What keeps you motivated? Everyone else feel free to share also

Ylluz, I'm stuck at 238.6. My HW was 349 so I'very listed 111 pounds which I am extreme happy about. My new goal weight is 150 pounds which would mean I would have to loose another 88 pounds so Ylluz I feel your pain. What I'm trying to do now is switch things up in my fitness routine. I work out 3-4 days a week and I'm going to start next week pushing it to 5-6 days with adding strength training and a spinning class to the mix. Also nutrition wise I will make sure I start back logging my meals and meeting my Protein goals as well as keeping the carbs under 50g a day. My nutritionist once told me that under 50g carbs was the magic number.

Great job on the weightloss that is great!!! Stalls suck big time and is so hard I just finished walking on the treadmill feels good but my scale moves up and down!! I dont know if is stress or other factors I know my diabetes is gone that was my main focus and now is to break this stall and keep working on me.....is hard to eat enough drink enough and get those Proteins in I try to always have proteins first but then is a struggle to drink enougg Water because then I am full and get sick , I add lime to my water for flavor. Please keep me posted and I definitely need some support is hard because people close to me dont get it and are not supportive at all!!! Thank God for this site!!!

Thank god for this site is right! Wow...it really helps to know I'm not alone. I've been struggling so much with my habits, exercise, mental hunger....stress eating. It's starting to affect me in a big way. I'm at a stall...haven't gained anything....thank you baby jesus! ...but I'm not losing either. I work about 14hours a day at the moment, and that's not going to change until after 4/15 (any guesses what I do for a living..haha) I'm on my duff A LOT in the office. I do walk the dog...but the walks get shorter and shorter the longer my work day is. It really drives me crazy when people say that weight loss surgery is a cop out....it's an aid, that's for sure...but this is still work!! I guess I should be happy that I'm not gaining. This time of year, I'm usually good for gaining about 15lbs...but right now, I'm not losing...but not gaining. I guess I'll take it.

And if anyone has ANY advice for sagging skin...please please please email me or respond...mine is bad and I'm almost more self conscious about that than I was about my weight before all this.

Thanks for any support in advance. I just love this site!!

:)

Edited by flipper72

How's everyone doing???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was wondering the same thing UalreadyKnow! No one has posted in months lol. And our 1 year is coming up. I'm wondering is anyone at/near/ or close to goal?

Wondering as well, its almost like we are old news with new sleevers everyday... lol...

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

glad you guys are around. I was getting lonely. I've lost 138lbs and still want to lose another 30-40lbs. My weight loss is averaging about 5lbs a month. Please share your experiences. Ive been letting some carbs back in as of late, I can give you a thousand excuses, but I won't, not a lot, but I will have some crackers every couple of days or so. I had some Kellogs Breakfast Cereal just the other day... I've honestly been trying to lube up my insides, been kinda hard in that department for me (literally) please share.. Inquiring minds wanna know

Down 84lbs, got 14 lbs. to go... lubing up insides constant battle, what works today won't work tomorrow, always experimenting....

Love the sleeve and how it fills up when eating, that is incredible. Never each much but it is like magic how it kicks in after several bites into my sandwich...

Weight loss is great body looks good, work out religiously 3 to 4 days a week for an hour. Big trouble spot for me is my stomach all other areas are primo...

I started at 349 currently at 214 my goal keep changing as I originally wanted to hit 150 but now since weight loss has slowed tremendously I will happy at 170/175. I read something on a newbie post about not even relying on the scale but to focus on how you feel and look. That if you reach your 150, 170 or whatever your goal weight is that you may not even like how your body looks. I'm like you fly-high I don't like the way my stomach is going I can tell I will have a lot of excess skin because that's where I carried most of my weight and that was my worse fear because I can't afford plastics. So I have since started a regime with Biotin, liquid collagen, Vitamin E oil (moisturizer), and this firming sugar scrub that I use 2x a week. I hope this works but we shall see. I'm still working out 5-6 days a week and have introduced the enemy aka the StairMaster. I started off doing 10min at a time now I'm averaging 30 full min a session! Making fitness goals has kept me from getting bored. I also do ZUMBA 2x a week and I really enjoy that. August is right around the corner and I'm hoping to be at least 200 pounds or below. What are your goals for your 1 year post op update?

I will try some of those firming techniques as well. You are right about the goal weight, we are just making up that number and need to just guage by site...

I had a goal of 185 that I made up, I am now 198. I picked 185 becuase I wanted to stay as far away from 200 because mentally I feel I will be too close to where i started which is just in my mind.

After coming so far and all of this effort I NEVER want to go back! Never ever!! Did I say Never Ever, I have come too far....

Goal for 1 year mark is maybe 5 more lbs. Because I am losing at about that rate, which I am very happy with, no concerns about that, very pleased...

My 1yr goal has changed from 180 to 170. I'd be happy at 180 though. I also feel like I need to be as far away from 200 as possible, and maybe a little wiggle room so that I can gain 5 pounds and not feel like I'm soo close to being at 200 again! This is definitely a mind over matter situation because at this point, weight loss is pure will power. At least for me. I know carbs and sweet stuff don't bother me, but I also know that carbs kill my weight loss. That being said, I feel like a "normal" woman. I can shop with my friends at the same stores, wear pretty clothes and feel beautiful for my husband.

Edited by UalreadyKnow

It seems like we are doing well and aggressively moving towards our goal set weights...

Do you all get any of your friends, family or coworkers that say, you look good but do not lose amymore weight, this is where "I" want you to be." Or "You are getting to skinny"...

Seems to me this people are use to the "fat or plump" me and since they are use to that they don't want you to look any different even if that means that you are now healthy with lower blood pressure and able to now function "like them" within society....

Not yet, but that's a pretty good NSV.... New haters!!!