Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

Haven't posted in a while but tonight decided to get over my hatred of body pictures and start taking them every sunday so I can see the changes. I don't feel them but I know they're there. I know if I don't do this I'll regret it later. So tonight I took 9 and I plan to take 9 more next Sunday and stick to it. It's time for me to love me for me every inch of it!

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Edited by s0rda

Hi everyone! I'm feeling good and loving all the changes with my new body! I'm down 62 lbs from my highest weight which I recorded two weeks before my surgery, October 8. I'm almost to Onederland! I have not been too tempted by the Christmas treats, etc., but find I am in an eating rut. I need to cook more. Hoping to experiment some over the holidays and find some go to meals to make part of my routine in the new year. I hope all of you are well. Keep us posted on your progress!

@@irishaggie I too find myself eating in a rut but I combed through the worldaccordingtoeggface.com website and printed all the recipes that sounded good. I now have a pile of them tp plow through when I get bored.

This week is the first time I weighed the same as the week before. One thing I have noticed is that when someone says they weighed the same as last week and the week before they usually also end up saying "But my body is changing." This is the same for me. I recently got some 2X shirts and they were tight. This morning I noticed a loose-ness to one of those shirts that I don't remember being there so my body is changing.

On a side note I can't believe that I wear my clothes tighter these days. When my weight was going up I would wear loose fitting clothes thinking I was hiding my ever expanding myself from the world. Now I wear stuff that is slightly tight because I know I will be shrinking into it.

Yesterday I wore myself out. I went to Sam's Club and walked around looking at stuff. Then I went to costco and did the same. Then Walmart and Safeway. My hips were hurting last night but feel better today. I did stop at Panera and had some of their delicious turkey chili. I thought ahead and brought my 1/4 cup measuring cup with me. So I sat down at a table (before I would have eaten in the car) spooned the chili into a measuring cup and sat there eating.

The other day we went out to a Mexican restaurant and I ordered a chicken burrito without the tortilla. It was delicious.

I am wishing everyone very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a wonder filled New Year!

So I don't post much but felt like I really needed to because I am so happy right now. I went in early to see my surgeon because I was experiencing GERD. He has loosened the reigns and I am allowed to eat whatever my little heart desires, best part is my little heart still wants healthy foods! The good news didn't stop there. I made a goal to be 299 by New Year's Eve I wanted to start 2016 by losing 100lbs. I am so happy that my goal was met today when I weighed in today and the scale read 298. I made it to twonderland and couldn't be happier. My surgeon is so proud of my progress I walked into his office in June weighing 400lbs today 6 months later I walked out of his office at 298. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I've lost 102lbs!!!

Starting Weight 6/30/2015 - 400

Surgery Weight 10/07/15- 352

Current Weight 12/29/15 - 298

Edited by s0rda

@@s0rda that is fantastic~~WOW! congratulations May this next year of weight loss be as wonderful.. Keep up the great work!

@@anewme2015 I m in the same boat. I haven't had any problems eating foods which puts me into stinking thinking. I am down 30 pounds since Oct 15 and recently started hitting the gym. I'm hoping to be at 180 by Feb 8, right now I'm 197. If not 180 then as close as possible. How's everyone else?

So I don't post much but felt like I really needed to because I am so happy right now. I went in early to see my surgeon because I was experiencing GERD. He has loosened the reigns and I am allowed to eat whatever my little heart desires, best part is my little heart still wants healthy foods! The good news didn't stop there. I made a goal to be 299 by New Year's Eve I wanted to start 2016 by losing 100lbs. I am so happy that my goal was met today when I weighed in today and the scale read 298. I made it to twonderland and couldn't be happier. My surgeon is so proud of my progress I walked into his office in June weighing 400lbs today 6 months later I walked out of his office at 298. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I've lost 102lbs!!!

Starting Weight 6/30/2015 - 400

Surgery Weight 10/07/15- 352

Current Weight 12/29/15 - 298

Absolutely amazing results right there.

You've gotta be feeling good.

October 13th 2015 surgery date for me. I was 478 in June 2015 when starting the pre-op diet and 422 on the date of surgery. I am 363 now.

Sure was hoping to make it to 350 before New Years Day.....but I know I'll be there soon.

Heading out to the gym for the first time today.

Feeling really good with my sleeve and grateful for everything.

Thank you @@miiasan

@@Dub I was on cloud 9 yesterday, there wasn't anything anyone could say to bring me down. Congrats to you those are amazing results also.

Good for everyone! I want to be below 200 by Christmas and I was 199. This morning I'm 197. My hw was 256, sw was 227 and today 197. I've been going to the gym these past few days and will continue to go,even though I hate it. I however like the results.

Everyone is doing fantastic!!! I went to my GP yesterday and weighed 198, down 40 lbs, 32 since surgery!! I think we are still loosing about the same @@kvoneye !

Everyone is doing fantastic!!! I went to my GP yesterday and weighed 198, down 40 lbs, 32 since surgery!! I think we are still loosing about the same @@kvoneye !

i am right there with you guys.....high weight 266, surgery weight 244.... Today's weight 208!! Surgery was October 8th....I can't wait to hit 199!!!!!

@@irishaggie I too find myself eating in a rut but I combed through the worldaccordingtoeggface.com website and printed all the recipes that sounded good. I now have a pile of them tp plow through when I get bored.

This week is the first time I weighed the same as the week before. One thing I have noticed is that when someone says they weighed the same as last week and the week before they usually also end up saying "But my body is changing." This is the same for me. I recently got some 2X shirts and they were tight. This morning I noticed a loose-ness to one of those shirts that I don't remember being there so my body is changing.

On a side note I can't believe that I wear my clothes tighter these days. When my weight was going up I would wear loose fitting clothes thinking I was hiding my ever expanding myself from the world. Now I wear stuff that is slightly tight because I know I will be shrinking into it.

Yesterday I wore myself out. I went to Sam's Club and walked around looking at stuff. Then I went to costco and did the same. Then Walmart and Safeway. My hips were hurting last night but feel better today. I did stop at Panera and had some of their delicious turkey chili. I thought ahead and brought my 1/4 cup measuring cup with me. So I sat down at a table (before I would have eaten in the car) spooned the chili into a measuring cup and sat there eating.

The other day we went out to a Mexican restaurant and I ordered a chicken burrito without the tortilla. It was delicious.

I am wishing everyone very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a wonder filled New Year!

Wow, @@395Ron, you and everyone else is doing so great! So good to hear that we all have more successes to post and less questions/waiting for results :) Funny you mention that about wearing clothes tighter, too… I am trying to avoid the outfits that fit me, but show too much, lol, less anyone think, "she may have lost a lot of weight, but she still should not be wearing that" ;) Funny how losing so much weight affects every aspect of our lives. Seems like everyday choices about wear to go, what to do next, etc. are all different now that I am thinner and healthier. Love it!

Happy New Year to all my WLS buddies! I know you all are looking forward to the new year with as much excitement as I am! Bring it, 2016!

Things have been well for me. I still have had no problems with eating anything. I have not experienced dumping. Thus far, I've enjoyed every single day since my surgery. I lb definitely embracing this surgery. My stats are:

HW: June 2015 248 lbs

SW: Oct 12th 236 lbs

CW: Jan 8th 203 lbs

I hit stall for almost 3 weeks, which began during week 3 after surgery.