Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

Hey guys! Anyone sleeved in Oct, Nov, or Dec please come join our secret FB support page! It's secret so none of your other FB friends can see that you are in the group. Me personally, I'm keeping my surgery private. We would love to have you join! :) Send me a friend request (I can only add friends to the group) and a message with your surgery date and I will get you added. Thanks! My name is Anna Montagna - Galanos on FB

Had surgery on monday

Hope you have an easy recovery.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

I am finally able to sit still a few minutes and catch up with the thread. How is everyone feeling? I am doing great. I am down 29 pounds since my surgery on October 8th. I know that sounds a little slow but as long as the numbers keep going down I am happy! Kev is doing great too. Since his surgery on November 12th he has lost 19 pounds. We went to Gringos Mexican Cantina for lunch today and ordered beef fajita nachos. They come 8 to an order. We had to laugh because he ate 1 and I had about two thirds of one!!! It is so fun to go enjoy the environment but not gorge on the food. We allow ourselves one restraunt trip a week where we are not super careful with our food choice. If we did not treat ourselves once in a while we would go crazy.

In other news I resigned my position as manager at the Spa. BEST DECISION EVER!!! Then I turned in my notice and leased a suite to open my own little nail salon. I named it 'Polished' and opened this last Tuesday. It turned out beautiful and I was very busy with clients my first week!! I feel very blessed! I actually love going to work again. I will be posting pics of my suite on my Facebook so any of you that are not on there feel free to add me. Edie091371@yahoo.com. or Edie Smith Steer. I have missed hearing from you guys and look forward to catching up.

@@395Ron how are you?? @@thinner-me? @@60&goin4it ? @@irishaggie ? @nervousnana ? And everyone else I missed!!!

I am finally able to sit still a few minutes and catch up with the thread. How is everyone feeling? I am doing great. I am down 29 pounds since my surgery on October 8th. I know that sounds a little slow but as long as the numbers keep going down I am happy! Kev is doing great too. Since his surgery on November 12th he has lost 19 pounds. We went to Gringos Mexican Cantina for lunch today and ordered beef fajita nachos. They come 8 to an order. We had to laugh because he ate 1 and I had about two thirds of one!!! It is so fun to go enjoy the environment but not gorge on the food. We allow ourselves one restraunt trip a week where we are not super careful with our food choice. If we did not treat ourselves once in a while we would go crazy.

In other news I resigned my position as manager at the Spa. BEST DECISION EVER!!! Then I turned in my notice and leased a suite to open my own little nail salon. I named it 'Polished' and opened this last Tuesday. It turned out beautiful and I was very busy with clients my first week!! I feel very blessed! I actually love going to work again. I will be posting pics of my suite on my Facebook so any of you that are not on there feel free to add me. Edie091371@yahoo.com. or Edie Smith Steer. I have missed hearing from you guys and look forward to catching up.

@@395Ron how are you?? @@thinner-me? @@60&goin4it ? @@irishaggie ? @nervousnana ? And everyone else I missed!!!

Good for you Edie! Glad you are so happy! I'm doing great! Down 37 lbs since surgery. I've been in a stall for a week. Seems like a year! But hoping it breaks in the next few days! Other than that, I'm feeling great and looking much better too!! Keep up the great work!!

Edited by thinner-me

@@edie091371 I see progress every day. Today for the first time I was able to hold my balance while standing on one foot. I still have issues with stairs and curbs. Part of my right thigh is numb and now has a burning sensation when I take a step. Friday they cleared me for all foods except rice, Pasta and bread. I return to work full time 4 January. Today for lunch I had a turkey and dill pickle rollup. I still have not had any issues with any foods but it is only a matter of time.

403 High Weight in July 2015

356 Surgery Weight (- 47 lbs)

307 Current Weight (-49 lbs since surgery) This is probably high due to the hospital stay

Hi @@edie091371, so happy to hear you and your hubby are doing so well! I am doing great over here and just moving right along… I had my 2 month appt yesterday and I've lost a little over 50lbs from my HW, so my doctor was very pleased. I am trying to fine tune my eating habits and focus more on exercising and not drinking during meals (very hard for me, lol!). Love hearing about your new venture and wish you the best with the nail salon! Sounds like it will be a great success, Congrats!

@@edie091371 I see progress every day. Today for the first time I was able to hold my balance while standing on one foot. I still have issues with stairs and curbs. Part of my right thigh is numb and now has a burning sensation when I take a step. Friday they cleared me for all foods except rice, Pasta and bread. I return to work full time 4 January. Today for lunch I had a turkey and dill pickle rollup. I still have not had any issues with any foods but it is only a matter of time.

403 High Weight in July 2015

356 Surgery Weight (- 47 lbs)

307 Current Weight (-49 lbs since surgery) This is probably high due to the hospital stay

Wow, Ron, you are doing simply awesome… such an inspiration to us all! Keep it up!

@@edie091371 I'm guessing busy with work and family, I know I have been. Almost back to normal for me. I however tend to eat too fast from time to time which gets me. I'm down 56 in a yr and 27 since Oct 15. My goal is to be under 200 by Christmas, which I should hit as if this morning the scale said 200.2. Im once again joining the gym today. I thought I had lose flabby skin before, but you should see my arms and legs. Not good. How's things going with you?

@@kvoneye it sounds like you are doing great! I am down 32 pounds since surgery which was October 8th. 53 pounds since highest weight. I feel great and almost back to normal as well. I just about did myself in last night with two little hot wings... Lol. It amazes me that I used to eat 20 at a time and still not think I was full!! I am back to work and a routine but I agree with you that it is time to add some exercise in. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

Hello October Family! A quick update: I'm down 55 lbs and feeling good. My plan is to add exercise in the new year. Most foods agree with me- so I have to be careful. Main issue comes when I drink too soon before or after eating. It can be a challenge. Keep updating! I love hearing from everyone!

Where is everyone?

I have been so busy! I am still teaching until tomorrow. And trying to get everything here ready for Christmas. Life has been crazy!! Hope everyone is doing fine and has a Merry Christmas!!